Register

Skipping FB in pve-cycle

Face-rippin fun.

Skipping FB in pve-cycle

Postby vita » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi in there,

I'm a feral dps on french server, enjoying reading TFD, and happy to have the opportunity to debate a bit on our class and the variations it can be played.

Between several wonderings, I submit this one today :

"Have some of you considered skipping totally ferocious bite", and consequently playing perfects permanents buffs/debuff and wasting combos with shreds past the 5 cp.
The idea is that managing perfect timers with SR/rip/rake/ and mangle if you have to, is mostly improbable in raid conditions if you bites. Not because of the cost in energy that we can afford with the actual crit stats, but because it empties the bar and this remain the big problem.

Intown I compared and got a same number of 6400 dps on 5 minutes lev83 with both ways (fb each case possible and almost but not perfect timers VS no fb but shreds combos-wasting with perfects timers on SR/rip/rake/mangle)

The second being much easier to achieve in raid conditions.

Open question, I'd enjoy to have your experience on that, or just thoughts if you didn't tried.

Happy wowing

Site Admin

Re: Skipping FB in pve-cycle

Postby Alaron » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 am

Sure. FB is one of those things where you gain a bit of DPS if you do it perfectly, or lose a lot if you don't. For most content, it's perfectly fine to skip FB. Once you get up into ICC25 and start accumulating ArP, however, you'll need to bite more to take advantage of it. It'll get easier in 3.3.3 with the Mangle duration change.

Postby Purecadence » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:24 pm

FB is one of those things which as Al said is a nice dps gain but a big lose if you stuff it up.

At the present i dont FB much at all. Since 3.3.3 and the change to mangle it makes it easier. Basically the answer is if you can get FB off without loosing your bleeds, mangle, and Savage roar then do it if not stick to not doing it. Most times i pull it off is when tigers fury is coming off cd. I know when i pop it i can get 4 CP (95% of the time) off from shred crits from the energy i gain from TF, so i can be sure im not loosing my dps.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:53 am

From my latest SC profile, you should FB only when you have 5 CP, rip has at least 8s remaining, and SR has 11s remaining. This generally works out to about 1 FB every other Rip. If you don't FB at all, it's about a ~1% DPS loss (hardly noticeable).

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:29 pm

I hardly use it at all, maybe once a minute in a boss fight. I tend to only use it with plenty of time left on rip and sr but also only when I know I have a tigers fury about to become ready

Postby aissi » Mon May 31, 2010 6:54 pm

I've played with FB a lot. I usually won't FB unless I have at least 10 sec. on rip, 10+ sec. on SR. Any less I usually find that rip falls off. Lately its fun to see 30k+ FB's but its not worth having rip fall off. Has to be timed carefully.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Mon May 31, 2010 9:10 pm

Bingo. I need to spend some more time with modeling this but it general Rip uptime > FB's unless you are at/close to ArP cap.

Return to Kitty DPS