Register

Partical Density

This and that.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Partical Density

Postby BigTwoHorns » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:15 am

So one of my largest issues that I could never figure out came to an end last night....Wait for it.........Standing in fire. No matter what I tried or did I often became the victim of death from standing in fire, black holes, earthquakes etc etc. In ZG last night I became "that guy" that ruined the pug because I died twice at Zanzil. It was extremely frustrating because they said I was standing in the path of the fire trail. My response "What f-ing fire trail?!" I honestly couldn't see it. My guildie who was running with me figured it all out after heading back to Org. "Can you see my healing ring"? "No, just little yellow dots". "Turn up your Particle Density on the graphics". I did and when he hit his heal again I was shocked. Apparently when I had to readjust my graphics (crappy comp) when Cata dropped I had put it on the poor setting. I turned it up to ultra and the difference is amazing. I feel stupid for such a small mistake but at least now I'll be able to see the shit I'm standing in. So, if anyone else has this problem then try this, it may be the answer to all your woes.

Edit: Was too early to be posting, it's Density not Dexterity. :o
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/bigtwohorns/simple

Honored

Re: Partical Density

Postby Mandragaran » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Pro - less dying.

Con - no excuse for dying.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:01 am

Yeah, now I'll have to own up when the tank says I suck. Damn! :lol:
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Postby Bloodtainted » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Word of caution if you are setting partical density to ultra on a crappy comp in a raid setting that could destroy your fps to unplayable levels.

I would play around with it and see how low you can set it without making the fire disappear.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Duely Noted, I have thought about this but haven't been on in two days to test it.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Postby Bloodtainted » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Blizzard gave mages a built in nerf bat for other classes once they start casting its game over for the rest of us :lol:

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:01 pm

LMAO, once I was able to see my buddies casts I was like " Oh shit, now I'm not gonna see anything"! :o :lol:
GEORGE S. PATTON

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:21 am

I figured this out on Grobbulus, back in the day. "Get out of the poison cloud!" "What poison cloud..." "Oh.'

That said, I have to run low everything at the moment, it is teh suck. I am exceptionally grateful we run Mumble now so I can overly rely on the RL calling out stuff.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 am

Ha Ha, my Bro in law said he's going ot make a macro for "GTFO of the Fire!!!". It's gotten better now that I can see it. :lol:
GEORGE S. PATTON

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:00 pm

We have player that stands in fire even though he has everything on ultra. He tunnels his DPS to much. All of our priest have a life grip macro for him.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Well, I guess I should be glad I've not been the only one to be yanked out of tunnel vision on boss fights. "DPS, DPS, DPS.....Oh, what the?! Ah! I'm flying! /Feral Charge...DPS, DPS, DPS"
GEORGE S. PATTON

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:33 pm

BigTwoHorns wrote:Well, I guess I should be glad I've not been the only one to be yanked out of tunnel vision on boss fights. "DPS, DPS, DPS.....Oh, what the?! Ah! I'm flying! /Feral Charge...DPS, DPS, DPS"

With the removal of the 0 distance charge this might be worth bribing your Priests for (only if the fight doesn't require them use it on an importent person).

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
BigTwoHorns wrote:Well, I guess I should be glad I've not been the only one to be yanked out of tunnel vision on boss fights. "DPS, DPS, DPS.....Oh, what the?! Ah! I'm flying! /Feral Charge...DPS, DPS, DPS"

With the removal of the 0 distance charge this might be worth bribing your Priests for (only if the fight doesn't require them use it on an importent person).

I AM IMPORTANT! Just saying.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Return to General Discussion