Register

Maloriak HM 10man

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Maloriak HM 10man

Postby Rarge » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Hello, Long time lurker first time poster :)

Tonight my guild is attempting Maloriak HC and I am looking for some advice on optimizing my gear for the AoE phases.

I am going to reforge for the hit/expertise cap as Swipe doesn't refund the energy from misses I believe? I was also going to replace my Unheeded Warning with Tia's Grace or Essence of the Cyclone.

I'm just a bit unsure on what to reforge away from. At first I'm tempted to reforge away from Mastery as this doesn't benefit Swipe but I don't want to be doing rubbish damage to Maloriak for the rest of the fight. Maybe reforge away from haste?

Here's my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced

Exalted

Re: Maloriak HM 10man

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Hey Rarge. Welcome to the community.

For this fight only about 30% of your total damage is going to come from Rip/Rake while 40-45% will be from just swipe. If you only want to do reforges just to optimize this fight going away from mastery won't hurt as bad as you think.

As for trinkets are we talking heroic EotC or normal?

Honored

Postby Rarge » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Yeah those were my thoughts.

It is the normal EotC. Hence why I was thinking of using Tia's Grace but then the mastery on Tia's grace wouldn't be as useful as the crit from EotC. I guess I can reforge 40% of the mastery.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:05 pm

I would go with the Tia's grace for 2 reasons.
1. You can get more hit/expertise stats out of the master reforge/
2. It provides more agility then EotC normal.

While the crit proc is nice, I don't think it is worth it in this case because you have so little control over it. Good luck in your fight tonight.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Well Tinderhoof pretty much gave all the suggestions I would have offered...about the only other tip I can think of is using Rake to dot up the targets while your tank gets the initial aggro, it'll be hard for the tank to get them under control for a little while and if you charge in and start spamming Swipe right off the bat, you'll just end up as a very dead kitty very quickly.

For using Berserk, there's about 2 differing options you can approach it with, you can pop it right off initially and have it available for the main abomination adds around the green phase, or you can save it for the slimes in the black phase and have it up roughly around then the next time around. I personally prefer just to pop it initially to get extra damage on the boss and have it available for the little abomination adds (thus theoretically more uptime than just saving it), but it's really up to the individual, slime adds aren't terribly threatening as long as you don't stand in the black sludge and you should have more than enough time to get them all down before the regular phases start, but the abomination adds die real easily as well due to the nature of green phase of course. Though obviously if you have trouble getting all the slime adds down during black phase, use Berserk then of course.

About the only thing I can think of is, stay right on or around the tank as he's kiting the black adds, that way you won't risk creating more random pools of sludge where you're standing, as that might be the path the tank was heading.

Honored

Postby Rarge » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Our best attempt was 19%. Sadly a few people were letting the raid down otherwise we would have got the kill.

I was using Beserk on the Sludges because we were just leaving the shammy on Maloriak because his AoE was well.. mediocre.

I liked being hit/expertise capped though. It was always frustrating missing mangles at the start when trying to get the 3 stacks up.
If you're interested here's the logs from tonight: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-94qrz9tpz3uvcmwo/

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Rarge wrote:Thanks for the tips guys. Our best attempt was 19%. Sadly a few people were letting the raid down otherwise we would have got the kill.

I was using Beserk on the Sludges because we were just leaving the shammy on Maloriak because his AoE was well.. mediocre.

I liked being hit/expertise capped though. It was always frustrating missing mangles at the start when trying to get the 3 stacks up.
If you're interested here's the logs from tonight: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-94qrz9tpz3uvcmwo/

Hmm, you really should be using all available DPS on the slimes, sure shammy aoe isn't that great, but as the slimes are so close together there's no reason they can target a couple with Flame Shock and hit Fire Nova on CD to get some damage in. Or chain lightning...I mean sure if it's an enhance shammy then it'd sorta suck (though they still can sub in insta-chain lightning at 5 stacks of their proc instead of LB), but if they're ele, no excuse really that they're not lobbing spells at them.

Return to Kitty DPS