Register

4.2 Kitty Gear Spreadsheet

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: 4.2 Kitty Gear Spreadsheet

Postby mekell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:21 pm

That's what i was implying in my post, i apologize if it wasn't clear.

I named JC and Eng, and thought i had clearly stated that only unless something completely unexpected changed, the +240 haste from herbalism wouldnt be worth it.

I edited my original reply to hopefully make it more clear.

Postby Puna » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:21 pm

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... E&hl=en_GB

Spreadsheet for gear stats. Might have missed some as I did it rather quick

** Adding the heroic tier slots probably tomorrow morning*

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 am

Puna wrote:https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsMnsp1OmErodHRQRUxpb21ianRHV1NLblBBbjlTQ0E&hl=en_GB

Spreadsheet for gear stats. Might have missed some as I did it rather quick

** Adding the heroic tier slots probably tomorrow morning*

You might want to go through that spreadsheet carefully and edit out the errors and discrepancies. I only checked 1 piece, since I had a gut feeling it was off. Off-Piece Helm has wrong agility value. I didn't really continue after that to check the rest of the values.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:27 am

Just to throw a wrinkle into the gear list work...I just created a new version of my universal script ("universal.script") and checked it into Mew, along with the test profile I used for the optimizations (I got the stats by creating a toon on the Ptr).

The change log I posted with the check in:
Code: Select all
New version of my universal script. It combines both the most current (6/23)
default Mew script and an newly optimized version of my script (based on the
default script, my 4.1 script and some additional optimizations). All the
optimizations were done with a single Mew profile - 378Leafhitexp.mew which I am
also checking in. The new script takes advantage of params to select with script
to run - it is documented at the top of the script.

Usage instructions (documented in the script):
// Leafkiller universal script
// Usage: In the "Custom Strategy Arguments:" box enter the following
//  [                   ] default script (empty)
//  [atramedes          ] default script, atramedes fight
//  [leaf               ] my script
//  [leaf atramedes     ] my script, atramedes fight
//  [exp                ] experimental script (same as leaf currently)
//  [exp atramedes      ] experimental script, atramedes fight (same as leaf atramedes currently)

Using the 378Leafhitexp.mew profile I am seeing about a 270dps increase over the default script on a 5 minute patchwork fight. A little more with the Atramedes options.

Postby Puna » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm

I pulled the info from ptr list so they values when they go live will probably be different, but i'll double check them.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:36 pm

More wrinkles for you gear testing junkies. Yawning updated the default script with some changes from the work I did last night. I updated my universal script to include his latest greatest and make it work with the "atramedes" option. I then added a "mangle" option so you can test a Shred-less fight.

Good time to retest the different gear sets/reforging schemes with different parameters - but you will need to use the top of tree version of Mew from SVN.

Things that could be interesting to test:
* Fight Length (across different fight scenarios)
* mangle
* atramedes - along with varying the ground/air phase times like Alaron did (not yet available via params).
* mangle with atramedes

I recommend using the universal script for this, but not selecting the "leaf" or "exp" options as the default script currently has the highest dps output (by 7...).

Edit - parries are not accounted for in the Mangle code

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Since they are changing the way Shred-difficult fights are in 4.2 w/ a 240 Degree Back-side I see very little reason to test a Shred-less fight.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:54 pm

A shred-less fight might give you more insight into add phases. I have not looked at the new content enough to know how often we will be able to get to the backside of a mob vs. being stuck in front. Maybe some people who tested on the PTR can shed some light on whether they were always able to shred or not.

Besides, it never hurts to have options to test against to see what the impact is on reforging options - but test what you want to, I am simply providing some options.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Leafkiller wrote:A shred-less fight might give you more insight into add phases. I have not looked at the new content enough to know how often we will be able to get to the backside of a mob vs. being stuck in front. Maybe some people who tested on the PTR can shed some light on whether they were always able to shred or not.

Besides, it never hurts to have options to test against to see what the impact is on reforging options - but test what you want to, I am simply providing some options.

Touche. didn't even think about add phases. Only 2 fights I looked at were Alyrazor (?) and Staghelm, and on both of those you can take the back if they are positioned right.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Don't forget Beth'Tilac. If you arn't lucky enough to be going up in the web to do damage to the boss you are going to be having to deal with a spread out mini add waves on the ground(ick).

Also Rag will have his add phases as well, just not as long.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Just to make it easier for the tests you guys have been running, I added parameter support for the Atramedes fight (air phase, ground phase, initial ground phase).

I added support for params to define the atramedes fight:

//  [air=ddd ground=ddd iground=ddd] allows the user to specify airPhase, groundPhase and initialGround phase lengths for Atramedes
//        for example: [atramedes air=30 ground=85 iground=90] would define a 30 second air phase, 85 second grounf phase with
//        an initial 90 second ground phase. Only integer values are supported.

So Alaron can do his tests without editing the script :P

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:11 am

In the SVN Mew, yawning added a new option to the UI called "Frontal Attacks" which replaces Shreds with Mangles and also subjects every attack to parry. In addition, I came up with some new code for Berserk, which has been incorporated into the default script. I updated my universal script to include the new default script and also made my rotation work with the "Frontal Attack" option and the new Berserk code (and I removed the "mangle" option since it no longer serves a purpose).

Currently the dps difference between my script and the default script is in the 1-2dps range - they are almost identical. I am close to dumping my script and folding all of the args into the default script. It will depend on that I see when I work on the Ovale script.

In any event, the top of tree svn code is slightly improved from the Mew release that yawning put out earlier today.

One thing I recommend in testing is to try a fight length like 390 seconds - which clips a third Berserk. The 5 minute fights only have two Berserks. This is where the new Berserk script comes into play - it deals better with clipped Berserks at the end of the fight. It also syncs all Berserks to TF prior to that.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Engineering will likely be slightly better or much better depending on burst phases (like Alys' down phase) than anything else due to the ability to combine it with TF; at worst it's as good as any other profession and often it'll be much better assuming your TF uptime is fine.

But honestly, it's such a small bonus that as long as your profession has agility it'll be fine.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:25 pm

I just merged the atramedes code into the default Mew script and nuked my script from the Mew distribution. Yawning and I had been borrowing back and forth so much that in the end the functional difference was one line where I had "10" and yawning had "8.5" resulting in a 1dps difference.

The only parameters supported in the default script are the Atramedes ones:
atramedes
ground=ddd default is 85
air=ddd default is 31.5
iground=ddd default is 90

Where ddd is an integer. The Atramedes fight works as follows:

initial ground phase 90s --> air phase 31.5s --> ground phase 85s --> air 31.5s --> ground 85s etc.

Postby xslicx » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Found this post on EJ:
Leg offpiece from the above stat weights seems to be the go.
You want shoulder tier, everything else offpiece is better.

Head offset = 19.98dps gain,
shoulder offset = 50.99dps loss
chest offset = 49.89 dps gain,
glove offset = 44.35 dps gain,
leg offset = 65.84 dps gain

I would recommend getting chest first, hope for leg/glove drops from BH, then bid on shoulders first, head second with DKP.
Overall though, 4set is clearly worth at least the 100 dps loss from the 2 additional pieces, and with the tiny dps spread between offpieces it doesnt really matter which one you pick.

Haste should appreciate in value this tier so this info may be inaccurate. I'll find out stat weights soon enough. Spreadsheet with gear available soon.

Edit: mew's stat value page doesn't work for 4.2 ptr build apparently

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110352-fer ... ost1948801

Apparently the T12 legs are under budget so we would probably get legs as the offpiece unless they change it then switch to chest or gloves offpiece?

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Why would Legs be under budget, they have Hit and Mastery, the two best stats this tier based on multiple fight types. I would get rid of Tier gloves with the haste before anything else.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:34 pm

They're underbudget because they have less secondary stats than similar legs. And all secondary stats are valued the same now, so it's not that.

Postby Odas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:55 pm

Of the tests that I did, the gloves of dissolving smoke turned out to be the best off set piece to use. This was because the gloves give you an additional 10 agility from the socket bonus, but the legs give require you to use an orange gem (lets say agi mastery). So with the socket bonus they only end up giving you 20 mastery plus the difference in secondary stats. The differences between the pieces was rather small (around 15-20dps if I remember correctly) and I only tested it using the patchwerk script.

Postby Suhmon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:07 am

One thing to keep in mind, although I know this thread is all based in theory of maximum potential, but keep in mind that the Tier Helm will be the most difficult of all pieces to obtain. Not so much on normal as normal is not very difficult. But on heroic, it will be something unobtainable for the vast majority of players. So while gearing out at the heroic level, you may want to lean toward going with the Rhyolith helm as the offset piece until you can get the Tier helm off Heroic Ragnaros.

Postby Triplebuses » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:19 am

Hi Konungr,

On the US forums you wrote "Mew Simulations will tend to over-value Haste because it assumes a perfect player - Haste generally requires the most skill (and good latency) to reap its maximum benefit.", could you explain the logic behind it please ?

Thanks,

Tri.

Postby monxide » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:25 am

I guess haste is overvalued cause it requires 100% uptime on target, when all other secondary stats are very handy even when you are not hitting your target non-stop (ie crit ticking bleeds, powered with mastery, fast reapplying bleeds in small time window).

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:35 am

Triplebuses wrote:Hi Konungr,

On the US forums you wrote "Mew Simulations will tend to over-value Haste because it assumes a perfect player - Haste generally requires the most skill (and good latency) to reap its maximum benefit.", could you explain the logic behind it please ?

Thanks,

Tri.

That was a quote from the Cat Sticky, wrote by Tang/Yawning/Leafkiller. Though I may be able to hone in on what they meant. Haste is great, but if you do not have 100% uptime, it loses value. Haste will help you get more White Attacks, Regen Energy, and more OoC procs, the downfall is anytime you are away from the target, you aren't gaining any of those, other than the regen, which takes place even with 0 haste. It takes an exuberant amount of haste to really effect your regen to where you will gain from it.

By prioritizing any of the other 4 stats you have a better chance at maximizing your dps since they all work better for time away from target and target switching.

Hit/Exp will help you land every attack, so you won't even be wasting that 20% energy cost, and it will help you apply the neccesary debuffs in clutch times when you need to switch targets. One of the worst things ever was having Atramedes, Valiona, Theralion, etc take off into the air and you just missed applying Rip, Rake, and/or Mangle because you had an unlucky string of RNG Misses/Dodges.

Crit will help since the Bleeds that you have on that target that you are away from have a higher chance at critting, and it also speeds up Combo Point Generation a lot more than Haste will.

Mastery, of course, increases the bleed damage, which is ~40-50% of our total damage. Sure Mastery will take a hit when we lose our T11 2PC bonus, but some testing may show that keeping 2 372 T11 Pieces and rocking T11 & T12 2 PC at the same time to be a DPS increase over T12 4PC until you get into 391 T12.

Postby Triplebuses » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:15 am

You made it very clear Konungr, thanks again !

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 am

clarisha wrote:How to I create a spreadsheet that will transfer information to another worksheet in a different table? I have a spreadsheet, with a list of shipment numbers. The shipment numbers are separated into columns for 'International' shipments, 'First Class' shipments, 'Large Letter' shipments and 'Large Packages' shipments. On a separate worksheet I want all the shipment numbers in one column and in the second column I want who sent out the Shipments.

Make sure you add the TPS Report.
Twitch - Now with dachshund cam!

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 am

Dysheki wrote:
clarisha wrote:How to I create a spreadsheet that will transfer information to another worksheet in a different table? I have a spreadsheet, with a list of shipment numbers. The shipment numbers are separated into columns for 'International' shipments, 'First Class' shipments, 'Large Letter' shipments and 'Large Packages' shipments. On a separate worksheet I want all the shipment numbers in one column and in the second column I want who sent out the Shipments.

Make sure you add the TPS Report.

And the Cover Sheet!

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS