Register

New Feral DPS Ovale Script (Updated for 4.0.1)

Face-rippin fun.

Re: New Feral DPS Ovale Script

Postby Evil » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:59 am

Hi,

first of all I want to thank Alaron and Leafkiller for their wonderful work. It's a pleasure to use your scripts!!
I'm located in Europe, so yesterday evening was the first time I could check the Patch 4 layout - besides that my UI
was messed up and Ovale didn't work. Afterwards I installed the updated Ovale and noticed that the old 1.2 Script wasn't
working anymore.

So good to see you already working on a solution Leafkiller, really appreciate it mate!!! So after work I'll start testing the new scripts, because I don't want to get into fight's without your wonderfull work. Thanks again and keep it up guys!!

So long.

Greetings,

Evil

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:12 am

mineko wrote:Tested the scripts out Leaf, and so far so good. Only one issue to point out, when the script suggests mangle, its icon is always darkened/faded, like when it's suggesting you use a move that you don't have enough energy for yet. It doesn't brighten up even when you have enough energy. This occurred with both versions of the script, so maybe it's a flaw with Ovale and not the code itself?

Seems to be an issue with Ovale (I forgot to mention it...).

As a side note, I modified the Ovale default script to make the bear code they have a little closer to a working rotation. What they had was not correct - so this is closer and will provide decent TPS although not optimized.

==============

Both of the cat scripts that I have provided prioritize RIP over SR and will not cast an SR if the RIP debuff is within 6 seconds of expiring or is not present on the target. This is a fundamental change to what we did prior to this patch and is also a change to the default script being used in Mew simulations at this time. Consider this a "buyer beware" notice. An important followup step is to build a Mew script based on these rotation changes and to see how it compares. It did measure better when I tested it on target dummies but that is not reliable enough due to the small number of cycles compared to what can be run through in a simulator. Also, any results today may change depending on how they buff our DPS per GC's post: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 6197&sid=1

Postby Triplebuses » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:50 am

Hello !

I've some issues with the Modified Ovale 4.0 Default Druid Script :

The error I get is : Ovale: SpellName of SHRED unknown

=> I added in the beginning of the Ovale script : Define(SHRED 5221), no more Ovale error but on a dummy Mangle is always suggested instead of shred ...

Cordially,

Tri.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Triplebuses wrote:Hello !

I've some issues with the Modified Ovale 4.0 Default Druid Script :

The error I get is : Ovale: SpellName of SHRED unknown

=> I added in the beginning of the Ovale script : Define(SHRED 5221), no more Ovale error but on a dummy Mangle is always suggested instead of shred ...

Cordially,

Tri.

Hmm - I must have fat fingered something last night. I just updated it with a version that is working for me.

Edit: in both scripts the code that handles what to do during the Blood in the Water phase is not adequate. I just have not had a chance to test that much. Right now if you hit that phase and RIP is not up, it will suggest FB and not RIP. I am not sure how to address whether or not the RIP has TF on it - or even if the FB refresh takes that into account so I am not planning on addressing that but I will add detection for RIP.

Second Edit: I just updated both scripts to have better handling of Blood in the Water. However, I have not tested this code - I need to go find something that will die slowly but allow me to get it's life below 25%. I am seeing better results with the modified default script at the moment based on a very small sample set.

Postby Evil » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:44 pm

PS: Now I got it to work.
Last edited by Evil on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Evil - when did you last update it? The one I uploaded on last night was broken but I fixed it today. Make sure you grab the latest version from my post above. I just grabbed it from there and it is working fine for me.

Postby kokomala » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:04 pm

mineko wrote:Tested the scripts out Leaf, and so far so good. Only one issue to point out, when the script suggests mangle, its icon is always darkened/faded, like when it's suggesting you use a move that you don't have enough energy for yet. It doesn't brighten up even when you have enough energy. This occurred with both versions of the script, so maybe it's a flaw with Ovale and not the code itself?

Sidoine said
October 12, 2010 4:04:59 PM GMT-07:00 (29 minutes ago)
It's true that Ovale should not crash like that because of script errors. Anyway there are two problems in the Elitist Jerk script:
it should be Define(RAKE 1822) and not 59886, and there is somewhere a TargetDebuffExpires(Rip mine=1) which should be TargetDebuffExpires(RIP mine=1) because Ovale is sensible to the case.
Also, you should add nored=1 to most of the Spell functions, it looks nicer.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 am

"nored=1" does not change mangle not being highlighted at the start of the fight.

I just updated the Ovale Dafault script in my earlier post. I discovered tonight if I fat fingered berserk when TF was off of cooldown, my logic was not recommending Rake and Rip - as it was designed to not recommend those when TF is off of cooldown. Now if TF is off of cooldown but the Berserk buf is up so you cannot cast TF, it will recommend Rake and Rip when they are ready to be refreshed.

At this point, I would recommend using this script and not the version of Alaron's script as it is the one I am actively using right now. Once things settle down some we can come up with an optimized script based on some simulation runs.

Postby Cav » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:53 am

First off, Thanks for the hard work. I have been using the main feral script over at EJ up until 4.0 and was happy to find the work being done over here. I played with both scripts here for a few hours tonight and found the one from Leafkiller to be a bit more optimized at this point, however I like the look and feel of the EJ one or Alarons, specifically the predictor. I just wanted to make sure I am seeing things the way you intended them Leafkiller. I have Tigers Fury and Berserk as two small icons, then the suggested move, then 2 boxes for long cooldowns(show's berserk the entire time) Is there a way to use your script and add a predictor in place of 1 of the long cooldown box's and toggle the last one off?

I look forward to your further optimization and feral settles down.

Thanks again and thanks in advance

Postby Evil » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 am

Leafkiller wrote:Evil - when did you last update it? The one I uploaded on last night was broken but I fixed it today. Make sure you grab the latest version from my post above. I just grabbed it from there and it is working fine for me.

Yes, was trying the newest script and this time it was working as usual. Today I'll test it in ICC to get a feeling for the new one. Thanks again and looking forward to the next steps of your script creation.

Greets,

Evil

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:31 am

The move predictor in Alaron's current script was actually work I did as I did not like what Furion had done in that window and I wanted something more like what FBN had - so I know exactly what you are referring to.

I have not yet added a move predictor to the default script. What you currently see is Berserk twice - except that the left most of those frames shifts to Tiger's Fury when it is off cooldown. With the increased mana regen and the importance of Tiger's Fury, it sometimes flashes by very quickly on the main move suggester - so I added a strong visual clue while testing.

I will look to turn that frame into a move predictor now that the rotation is reasonably workable.

Postby Willféral » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:43 am

Is there a way to make it not have 4 boxes along time each other but have it the way it was where there was one big one and four little ones around it?

Honored

Postby Grenache » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:20 am

So - have people had a chance to look at their numbers in an ICC run with the new Leafkiller Ovale script. What are we generally seeing? Increases or decreases?

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:04 am

Now that Mew's updated with the latest coefficients, I feel a little better about coming up with a script. I'll see if I can tweak mine today, and test it tonight.

Postby Oakes » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:04 am

So this patch offically broke facemauler which i have been using since naxx which makes me very sad :( . But on the plus side I have made my way finally over to Ovale.

First off thanks for all the work you do on this script. Now maybe its just that its a new addon to me but I have some serious questions about the rotation. First off I to am having the same issue with Blood in the Water phase. On LK last night I got ported into the throne room in phase 3. When I got out my rip had dropped off LK but Ovale was not telling me to get it back up but rather to FB. I ignored it obivously got my rip back up and kept going.
The odder event however was that mid fight with the debuff already applied it was having me spam mangle. Mangle? No Shred? I was very confused. Anyone else having these same issues?

Postby Willféral » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:30 am

Ive noticed a huge increase.. On a dummy I'm pulling 9k without buffs. So i know that we have been made OP again :)

Postby Cerise » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:20 am

The odder event however was that mid fight with the debuff already applied it was having me spam mangle. Mangle? No Shred? I was very confused. Anyone else having these same issues?

I'm having the same problem. I tested the script on the training dummy last night (very nice - tyvm Leaf!), and whenever I had nothing targeted, the script would suggest shred to start with. When I targeted the training dummy, it would turn into mangle (faded to black like another user already reported). After applying mangle to the target it kept suggesting every time in stead of shred when shred would be the appropriate following attack.

I simply ignored this, used my own timers to track mangle and only mangled when it was about to drop off, substituting every other suggested mangle by shred.

..however I like the look and feel of the EJ one or Alarons, specifically the predictor.

Me too. Currently I get 5 icons, two small icons showing tigers fury and beserk, a large one suggesting moves and two large ones showing beserk. I too would like it to show a bit like the script over at EJ, with one large icon suggesting moves and two small icons for beserk and tigers fury, cause currently it feels a bit..redundant?

Offtopic: I'm seeing a 500 DPS increase on the target dummy with the Leaf script over my own rotation - also because I was being stupid and still played using the old rotation (Old was SR over RIP - now RIP over SR gives better numbers.)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:40 pm

I just put in an updated version of the default script. I did a lot of cleanup including removing some spell priority code that was making the move suggestions jump around. I also changed the second box to be a rotation predictor just as it is in the 1.2 script. Now the only difference between the box displays is that I did not add in a box for Omen since we have the built in aura display now. I also did a small amount of reordering of the skills to make sure that Mangle is very high as it is one of our critical debuffs now.

Please grab that one and try it. I am finding the rotation mush smoother now and it is easier to hit TF and Berserk just as they come off of cooldown. I try to hit Berserk at the start of the fight just after the first TF - usually about 22 seconds before TF comes off of cooldown.

For those of you who are seeing mangle spam. There are two possible causes. One is a checkbox that will turn off most of the Shred suggestions and recommend Mangle. I just removed that from the script. If you are doing Kologarn, you can mentally substitute Mangle for Shred without this option...

The other possible cause is someone else putting an alternate bleed debuff on the mob - one that is overwriting Mangle and (I am guessing) is not being covered by a feature in Ovale: "TargetDebuffExpires(bleed 1)". I have not seen an issue with this yet but you never know who is going to be on a target dummy with you versus being in raid. Mangle bear, trauma or hemorrhage are all possibilities as these will overwrite your mangle cat. If you see this again please see if you can figure out which debuff is overwriting your mangle. One thing you can do is to toggle the mangle checkbox off when you see this. It will fix your rotation as the script will stop suggesting mangle.

@Alaron - the changes I made to the Default script (specifically removing all of the priorities on spells) make it possible to model this rotation in Mew now. I reordered some spells to reflect what I consider priorities (mangle at the top for example due to the 30% bleed buff) but those are the things that we need to validate. Functionally there are a lot of similarities in the scripts.

Edit: Third possibility for why you see Mangle recommended - an old addon that is causing issues. I am talking to a feral who is not seeing the bleed debuff in another addon (Druid Timer Bars) while I see it in both Ovale and Druid Timer Bars - so it is possible.

Second Edit: here is the post I am updating the script in: viewtopic.php?p=384#p384

Postby Evil » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Leafkiller,

I tested your new script right now and with a quick DPS overview I could say that I make less (1k dps) than the "old" script from yesterday.
So I guess you changed something that lowers the dps output.

Thanks!

Evil

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Check your buffs and debuffs, Evil. I just tested it for over 20 minutes and was sitting 100 dps above yesterday. I noticed that FF is worth about 500 dps as is Mark of the Wild. Missing those two account for 1k dps.

With my gear I am consistently seeing 11.2-11.3k dps on the training dummy with my only buff being Mark of the Wild (and no one else on the dummy).

Postby Cwood » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:25 pm

First off, thanks for the great work done here.

My problem is the appearance of your script Leaf. It gives me actually 6 boxes of the same size, first 2 being Cooldowns (TF and Berserk), an then 4 with move suggestion. Trying to configure thoses boxes to better suit my needs completely fail as it does all kind of weird things but not those that I'd like to see. Is this a problem with the newest ovale push or can this be fixed within the script?

Edit: I'd especially like 2 SMALL Boxes with the TF/Berserk. I just can't seem to get it working that way.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Cwood wrote:First off, thanks for the great work done here.

My problem is the appearance of your script Leaf. It gives me actually 6 boxes of the same size, first 2 being Cooldowns (TF and Berserk), an then 4 with move suggestion. Trying to configure thoses boxes to better suit my needs completely fail as it does all kind of weird things but not those that I'd like to see. Is this a problem with the newest ovale push or can this be fixed within the script?

Assuming you are using the latest version of the default Ovale script I uploaded a few hours ago, the last two boxes show on-use trinkets and should not be visible if you have proc based trinkets (which covers every high level cat trinket in the game). I am not sure which script you are using though as the most recent one only shows move suggestions in two boxes, one with the shreds removed so you can see skills coming off of cooldown. Also the latest version of the script does have the two small boxes for TF and Berserk.

I use the on-use trinket boxes for bear form. You can remove those two boxes by deleting these lines from the end of the script:

Code: Select all
AddIcon help=cd
{
    if Stance(3) or Stance(1) {
        Item(Trinket0Slot usable=1)
    }
}AddIcon help=cd
{
    if Stance(3) or Stance(1) {
        Item(Trinket1Slot usable=1)
    }
}

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:17 pm

If you have "Hide empty boxes" checked in Ovale, that will remove them as well.

Postby tbot » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi,
I've been working on the bear portion of this script but I've run into 2 snags.

1) I can't for the life of me get SWIPEBEAR to recognise a cooldown. I have tried SpellInfo (SWIPEBEAR cd=6) but it doesn't work.
I've googled the problem, which others have reported. But no-one has a solution.

2) I am slightly unfamiliar with the scripting used. How do I get mangle to show up when its available on the next gcd?
I have tried altering the {0s before Spell(MANGLEBEAR)} to any number of items but it doesn't seem to change anything. It also appears that the CD is slightly longer then 6 seconds or the GCD is shorter the 1.5 because mangle comes off cd slightly after I would expect it too.

Any help would be appreciated (and rewarded with a working and effective bear tanking script). Thanks in advance.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:17 am

tbot wrote:Hi,
I've been working on the bear portion of this script but I've run into 2 snags.

1) I can't for the life of me get SWIPEBEAR to recognise a cooldown. I have tried SpellInfo (SWIPEBEAR cd=6) but it doesn't work.
I've googled the problem, which others have reported. But no-one has a solution.

2) I am slightly unfamiliar with the scripting used. How do I get mangle to show up when its available on the next gcd?
I have tried altering the {0s before Spell(MANGLEBEAR)} to any number of items but it doesn't seem to change anything. It also appears that the CD is slightly longer then 6 seconds or the GCD is shorter the 1.5 because mangle comes off cd slightly after I would expect it too.

Any help would be appreciated (and rewarded with a working and effective bear tanking script). Thanks in advance.

I think "SpellInfo (SWIPEBEAR cd=6)" is correct. Then you would be able to type things such as "if 2s before Spell(SWIPEBEAR)"

However, "unless 2s before Spell(SWIPEBEAR)" does not work - so you have to structure your code around that (see my post when I mentioned being frustrated on page 8 of this thread).

On the subject of MANGLEBEAR, are you trying to have a second box that shows it coming off of coodown?

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS