Register

Reforging Question

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Reforging Question

Postby Virilana » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

So I'm working on getting everything set up for patch day, and I'm changing my reforging up a bit. Still going for mastery on everything at this point. Now seeing as haste sounds like it is ever so slightly better than crit, on pieces that are crit/mastery would it be beneficial for me to reforge the crit to haste, or would I be better of leaving those be to even them out a bit? I did that for now to see what it looked like, before I was hovering around 4.5% haste and about 44% crit (could have that off a bit but around the low 40s). Reforging crit to haste on gear that already has mastery I ended up at about 12% haste and 37% crit. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated... Seeing as everything is so close I'm sure its not a huge up or down either way but I would like to lean toward the up side lol. Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... ous/simple

Thanks ahead of time!

Edit: The crit numbers are how much I have in cat form not un-shapeshifted lol
Druids name WAS Atayla, now Kittylicious due to some harassment issues.... So that's who I am on my logs now :)

Exalted

Re: Reforging Question

Postby Konungr » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:46 pm

I'd ignore Haste and Crit completely and go for Exp/Hit caps, preferably before Mastery.

Postby Virilana » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:48 pm

Alright, I don't mind too much not being hit capped but a bit more would take out a lot of annoyance for sure. I think recently my patience with misses has been wearing thin >.>
Druids name WAS Atayla, now Kittylicious due to some harassment issues.... So that's who I am on my logs now :)

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Virilana wrote:Alright, I don't mind too much not being hit capped but a bit more would take out a lot of annoyance for sure. I think recently my patience with misses has been wearing thin >.>

That's good, because Hit/Exp capping looks to be a solid gain in most cases for 4.2

Postby Virilana » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm

That's what it sounds like... Since I lacked any real amounts of Expertise on my current gear I switched out Tsanga's Helm for Membrane of C'thun, then just reforged the haste on it to mastery. I'm at the hit cap now and have 11 expertise... I might aim a bit higher for the expertise I'll have to play around with it a bit.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:25 am

I have been really happy since capping Exp / Hit recently. I equipped Fluid Death to help out, and then used wowreforge.com to work out which pieces I could get Exp with (avoiding the Mastery pieces where possible). Ever since, my AOE has been through the roof, and it sounds like it will hold up nicely for 4.2.

Postby Virilana » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:17 am

Ya it will help the aoe a lot, and after reading the details for Firelands it sounds like we will be seeing several add fights to use it on! I've reforged every piece I have but I have not reached the expertise cap, I'm wary of taking off mastery for expertise... it hurts to see it go lol

Honored

Postby Grenache » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 pm

I wonder if there's a way to look at all the new gear available in T12 raid, Valor point gear and Firelands faction gear which allows you to look for certain stats i.e (show me all that have Expertise) so I can plan my faction / points usage better.

Postby Virilana » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:19 am

That would be nice.... I did notice the dungeon journal has the option to sort gear by class/spec, not stat specific that I know of however. Rawr was sorting out gear nicely but it seemed that while it sometimes had it right on, other times it was way off. That was before patch as well I don't know if it's been updated or not for the new tier.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 am

Wowhead works pretty well.

Postby Chairmanmeow » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:54 am

In fact, Wowhead has exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=190236/new-options-in-firelands-a-guide-to-gear-in-4-2

Breaks down available agility leather items per slot, agi necklaces, etc. Pretty handy, actually.

Return to Kitty DPS