Register

Beth'Tilac

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Site Admin

Beth'Tilac

Postby Alaron » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:32 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Beth'Tilac encounter.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Feral Videos:
QBear:http://www.youtube.com/user/FluidDruidVids?feature=mhum

Re: Beth'Tilac

Postby Tavi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 am

I was curious if anyone had any issues on this fight so far. Last night my dps was atrocious on this fight and I couldn't understand why. I was one of the dps tasked to go up top to dps down beth. I had 4 people tasked to go up before and I was finding that by the time I got up there she was already at like 30 energy so it limited my time on the boss. Any tips so far on this boss?

Revered

Postby Qbear » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:15 pm

Same here man. It's important to remember though with how new these fights are that most people will be doing lower dps. I've always used progression to, well... kill a new boss. Farm content is where I worry about WorldofLogs and such.

Postby Tavi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Qbear wrote:Same here man. It's important to remember though with how new these fights are that most people will be doing lower dps. I've always used progression to, well... kill a new boss. Farm content is where I worry about WorldofLogs and such.

I feel the same way. So long as the boss is dead who cares what my dps was. The issue is that we were failing on the boss due to low dps directly to her. I wasn't the only one to have issues but from trash and Shannox and from other videos I've seen, melee seems to have it a little rough this release.

Was just looking for tips that might have worked for people to get more time on the boss so she doesn't drop down in P2 at like 80%.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:54 pm

She heals if any spiderlings reach her. Could that have happened to you?

Honored

Postby adianar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:36 pm

We attempted her for the first time in 25M reg content. We were also looking at 85-80% life going into P2. We kept having issues keeping the spiderlings away from the drones as the tanked drones kept encountering health recovery. Seemed like a dps focus/location strat issue as the night went along. I did notice that the medium spiderling things could be taken down completely with a mangle, rake, rip if that helps. We were also sending 2 heals up top which seemed a bit excessive when we had dps/tanks scattered all over the bottom floor trying to control adds and then retreat back to the healing rain/circle of heals inbetween. Incidentally, I run in ultra mode on a 50inch screen and was having difficulty seeing where the holes in the web were. I could tell when it was splashed and dissolving, but twice i fell down running right over the hole. Our job seemed straightforward up top, but the downstairs was quite chaotic the first night. We're trying the hunter tonight.. More on that tomorrow.

Adi

Postby Shape » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:49 am

We downed Beth on Tues in about ten attempts. Our raid comp was as follows: 3 ranged, 2 melee, 2 tanks, 3 healers.

We sent 1 melee (rogue), 1 tank, 1 healer upstairs.

A warlock was in charge of killing all spinners, the boomkin and SP kill the drones, I killed the spiderlings.

This might not be the most efficient feralicity, but I found that w/ TF & Zerk and some snaring from the boomkin I was able to cleave them down with ease.

Keep your eyes open for the spiderlings emote, pop sprint to get to their spawn area and chop them down. Rinse and repeat.
It's very important you call for help on them should any still be alive at the start of p2, you can't let her eat any.

Phase 2 was just a burn, I popped tranq at about 10% health remaining on the boss.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:15 am

Ok, question here...we were doing her tonight on 10man, regarding the spinners, are they supposed to keep spawning when people are up on the web? Myself, the tank, and healer each had a taunt, so we'd each find one and taunt them off their web while hopping on and letting people down below finish them, but everyone down below seemed to think that it was a glitch or something that they kept spawning, so I dunno...is it? And if not, what's the right way to deal with them? Everyone else down below is ranged dps and they're all sorta stacking to one side with the tank off with the drone and everyone else aoeing the mini spiders, so are they supposed to keep killing spinners down there too or something? Either way we were definitely missing something...any help?

Postby Tavi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 am

We downed her on 25N last night. We limited the the dps we sent up and focused on the ads downstairs assigning ranged aoe to the spawn points of the spiderlings. Had a dedicated dps stay on the drones. DPS up top had an easier time getting to Beth and having more time on her. Sh was about 79-80% when she dropped down and we burned her pretty good. Very clean fight.

Here are our logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q11gqj7dtghmhjb6/sum/damageDone/?s=79&e=473

I stumbled through parts of it and my dps wasn't the best. Definite room for improvement.

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 am

25:
shortly: 1 tank and 2 heals above, the rest below to nuke everything fast. on second phase we just burned her from almost 100%, raid standing in Y-shape position to let tanks change. Very clean fight.
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:18 pm

shinryu wrote:Ok, question here...we were doing her tonight on 10man, regarding the spinners, are they supposed to keep spawning when people are up on the web? Myself, the tank, and healer each had a taunt, so we'd each find one and taunt them off their web while hopping on and letting people down below finish them, but everyone down below seemed to think that it was a glitch or something that they kept spawning, so I dunno...is it? And if not, what's the right way to deal with them? Everyone else down below is ranged dps and they're all sorta stacking to one side with the tank off with the drone and everyone else aoeing the mini spiders, so are they supposed to keep killing spinners down there too or something? Either way we were definitely missing something...any help?

So on our 25 man kill last night I pulled bitch duty and stayed down below to help keep taunting the spinners after the rest of the melee went up. From what I saw there were 3 waves of spinners. After the last wave was taunted down they stopped spawning until Beth did here big aoe and then started all over again.

A few tips we used to get it undercontol.
- For melee going up always have the rogues and enhance shaman go first. The rest of the plate classes (and druids) can help finish taunting the rest. DK's go last because they have 2 taunts.
- Hunters can distracting shot them down.
- Have a taunt order starting with your MT's. This is to prevent 3 people wasting their tant on the same spinner.
- Holy palis can help by taunting as well.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
shinryu wrote:Ok, question here...we were doing her tonight on 10man, regarding the spinners, are they supposed to keep spawning when people are up on the web? Myself, the tank, and healer each had a taunt, so we'd each find one and taunt them off their web while hopping on and letting people down below finish them, but everyone down below seemed to think that it was a glitch or something that they kept spawning, so I dunno...is it? And if not, what's the right way to deal with them? Everyone else down below is ranged dps and they're all sorta stacking to one side with the tank off with the drone and everyone else aoeing the mini spiders, so are they supposed to keep killing spinners down there too or something? Either way we were definitely missing something...any help?

So on our 25 man kill last night I pulled bitch duty and stayed down below to help keep taunting the spinners after the rest of the melee went up. From what I saw there were 3 waves of spinners. After the last wave was taunted down they stopped spawning until Beth did here big aoe and then started all over again.

A few tips we used to get it undercontol.
- For melee going up always have the rogues and enhance shaman go first. The rest of the plate classes (and druids) can help finish taunting the rest. DK's go last because they have 2 taunts.
- Hunters can distracting shot them down.
- Have a taunt order starting with your MT's. This is to prevent 3 people wasting their tant on the same spinner.
- Holy palis can help by taunting as well.

Mkay I thought we were missing something, though I admittedly didn't watch the whole vid until after the fight...mainly because being the only melee in our 10man, I got to go up for free lol.

Guess before I go into the nuances, here's our usual raid comp:

Tanks: 2, pally and warrior, Melee: 1 (me), Ranged: 2 Spriests, 1 hunter, 1 mage, Healers: 1 resto druid, 1 resto shammy, 1 holy pally

The way we were doing it last night was the team going up (warrior, holy pally and myself) just taunted the spinners and hopped up right away to lessen the need to heal through her lava downpour, though I guess that's the wrong strategy. I'm generally guessing the OT will be too busy with the drone, so it looks like me and the hunter will be taunting off spinners, unless they want to switch the healers up.

That concerns me for DPS on Beth'tilac though if I have to do bitch duty also, what HP should she be around before P2 starts? Someone mentioned the 3 of us got her down 10% just from the initial one going up the web, so I'm guessing around sub-80% is what she should be? Though it could be more if I get stuck having to stay down to taunt spinners...makes you wonder why they tied these spinners to that lame ability, bad enough we have to go bear and lose all my energy just to taunt...

Or looking at it, is it possible that this hunter distracting shot can be used to bring them all down (assuming there's no CD)? Maybe just assign him to hit all the spinners with it and take them out? That would free the mage for spiderlings and the 2 spriests to do the drone or help out on whatever right?

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 am

Well we tried again, had a major problem that does seem to be a glitch though; whenever we were coming down from the web, the 3 of us would get d/ced and then be unable to keep logged in since we were sorta oddly stuck hanging from when we were coming down. So until they fix that hopefully, ended up getting some good shots in on Shannox.

Postby Malfathin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 am

Killed her last night, it was our first time trying, killed her as soon as our core dps logged in. We actually almost killed her with some undergeared (and not so skilled) dps while we waited, the fight really felt easy.

10man, raid comp: 2 tanks, pally and warrior. 3 healers: druid, pally and priest. 5 dps: frost DK, kitty, survival hunter, arcane mage and enhance shaman.

I was the only one to go up with the pallies. The DK helped on the spiderlings with howling blast, and taunted/killed the spinners, helping on the drones when possible. The shaman focused on the drones and the hunter and mage killed the spiderlings, helping with the rest whenever they could.

By myself, I got her down to 73-71% before phase 2, which made things really smooth.

Tips for ferals: Help with the taunts on the spinners whenever you're down there, and swipe the spiderlings if you see them close. If you're going up like I did, pop Berserk on the first time, you'll have it again by the time you get to the burn phase. Every time you go down, do your fellow dpsers a favor and help either with the spiderlings or the drone, whatever is closer and/or needs more attention. Be very mindful of your positioning up there, and yell at the tank a bit if he's screwing your uptime on the boss by having her stand in place where you can't move close to her or you'll fall (you may think 'oh, there's lots of room for moving up there', but don't underestimate your tank XD).

Good luck for all of you, I dare to say this is this tier's easiest fight, although there seem to be some strats for Shannox to really make it easy, we'll try that tonight probably.

Postby Cuer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:12 pm

The disconnects on Beth'tilac are a known issue that hopefully will be fixed soon.

We got the kill here last night; it's fun that there are so few logs for a fight that it's possible to to rank for cat DPS without really paying attention to DPS rotations.

I stayed down the entire time, though it seems popular to send cats up to DPS. We sent up a DK to DPS up top, with 3 ranged DPS also staying down. I stayed on the Drones the entire time, with the ranged DPS on the Spinners and Spiderlings. Given cat ramp up time on DPS, that seemed to work out well, and letting the ranged take care of the mobs that are running around. It certainly looked very feasible to have a feral in cat/bear handling the Spinners as well. Some general thoughts:

-- As mentioned above, you can use Berserk early on, and it will be up in time for the burn phase.
-- Make sure during the burn phase that everybody piles up closely together, except for the two tanks who are swapping taunts for the debuff. Healers will need all the help they can get to keep everyone topped off.
-- This is one of those "the longer it goes, the worse it gets" fights, so plan accordingly for mitigation cooldowns and such; popping out for Tranquility near the end is certainly a great idea.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 pm

@Cuer, I know many of the Ferals, besides the top 3, that ranked were down below. I myself, at Rank 13, was below killing adds. The only 3 I noticed that Ranked and did not have a large amount of Swipe damage were the 3 top Cats, (2 and 3 were from a former guild of mine before they changes servers lol. Had I not been on deployment and raiding with 3k latency for ICC Heroics I might still be with them), who were up top, and also, coincidentally, in 25man guilds.

I hope this next week, once I have put myself into a better guild, if I can get up top, I might be able to improve my ranking, considering I played sloppy on the Beth kill and missed the opportunity to Berserk at least twice, not wanting to waste it on the weak adds.

Postby mangle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Doing this on 25m heroic, so far I'm on Enraged broodling duty. Initially started as a bear to get the feel of it, but doing it in kitty should be fine.

Basically you "run into" the add, you don't need to have any threat on it, and the add will explode.
Once it explodes, it drops an aoe slow on the ground that will debuff you and also do damage to you.
To avoid this, you can JUMP over the add and you will not get the slowing/damaging debuff.

Current raid problem however, is that everyone is taking an obscene amount of damage during the spinner phases, will post when we get more progress!

Postby Kallapryy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Can anyone confirm if Stampeding Roar (others)/ Dash combined with the Feral Swiftness talent is successfully removing the Volatile Poison debuff? I have been casting this when I hear someone call out they are slowed on Mumble due to this debuff, but I'm not sure it's actually removing this spell as I can little to no info on it for this fight or a way to track it in WoL.

Postby Sonsys » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:53 am

Hello my fellow shifters!

I guess this is not so much druid focused but general help.

Currently encountering Beth HC 25man

We have a few positional issues atm with soakers and add DPS'rs getting out of range of healers but thats not half the problem!

The main problem we are encountering is the Spinners.

Does anyone have any advise on "sorting them out"

3sets of 5 adds coming every 6 - 10seconds... We have several people taunting them down including ret pala/feral/enha shaman BUT im guessing we over lap taunts because we have 6 taunts happening but we are always left with spinners in the air causing problems.

How do you guys do it? Do you have mouse over taunt/mark macro's? An order of taunts? or just a Prot warrior abusing Vig on a target and mouse over spam taunt????

Any help/tips would be appriciated.

Also - The Journal says Taunts or Similar abilitys What are these similar abilitys???? Is that just there because some taunts have different names...or are we missing a trick here??

Cheers all!!!

Sonsys!

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:08 am

Similar abilities would be like the a hunter's distracting shot, things like that.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Prot warrior abusing Vig is the best rout here.

The alturnitive if you don't have a prot warrior is this:
You need to number your taunts. I would give the Beth tank #1 and then if Pali healers will be required #2, then DPS. Then just call it by the numbers.

Beth tank taunts. Calls "Number 1" in vent (mumble)
Next person taunts. Calls "Number 2"... and so on.

This way you are getting the 5 out quickly with out overlapping. Try to encourage DPS DK's who have DG whic is longer ranged to grab further ones out.

Postby Aurea » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:17 pm

have healpalas assist, call out each new wave on voice. depending on you meleesetup you should easily get together 6 taunters on ground. i as a kitty switch bear, taunt, switch kitty swipe 3 times and back to bear until all 3 waves are on the ground.

try to assign taunters to left and right side to avoid redundancy.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:52 pm

@ Overlaping taunts - Spinners do not spawn at random spots. Assign people to taunt specific spinner location, the same is with the webs. 5 Spinners each wave.
Spinners are coming every 8-10secs. Not earlier. It is possible to be slow on first taunt pack, and have it back again for next wave.

@ DPS
I'll share some input as currently 2nd feral druid / 99 world on HC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaNQFSS7760

We had tried many different ways of approaching that fight. Depending on how does your raid deal with the web DPS and spinners you can definetly pull around 2-4k more DPS than my log. I am barely in 373-374 gear at the moment. Extreme DPS gain can be aquired by having unholy frenzy, but due to the mechanics you are unlikely to see any other non frost DK here. Another dps gain would be to have 2 haste proc trinkets (neff + majordomo), I was using neff + halfus instead unheeded for this fight.

The biggest issue for ranking is tactic approach and I will explain why.
The best benefit of a feral we have found was to stay permanently down and berserk on 2nd spinners pack and stay drone full time. This is not the highest possible way to get ranked as this way you do get to use only 2 berserks in that fight instead of 3 with other way, that definately benefits the raid much less.

Killing spinners as fast as possible is the key in that fight. They still shoot fireballs on the ground. Untill we realized that, raid damage went down from spinners (Burning Acid) from 12-14mln to 7mln. Healers were finnaly going full mana into phase 2.

I failed into 2 aspects on our kill. I did not have right hit/expertise to be capped on swipping the spinners.
I TF too early before 2nd pack of spinners (can be seen on the movie) thus I had to delay berserk a bit and I lost good chunk of swipe damage on them.
Bloodlust and trinket procs were off halfway into Berserk + Pot. Unlucky.
I tranquility before the call on my own (without bloodlust), becouse 3 people were in danger of dying.
I can't call taunting all 9 spinners a fail, but definatly you have to account it as nice chunk of a DPS loss.

Other ways of approach on this fight was when we tried:
- TF on 1st spinners, go up first web after 3nd taunt, TF and berserk on beth. Do not TF on 2nd wave of spinners or you won't have it on beth nearly at all. Reapply rip + rake with TF just before going down.
- Stay down on 2nd spinners and drone. Aoe as much as possible
- Aoe spinners and go up the web again on beth, TF + berserk is up again.
- P2 berserk should be up 3rd time at around 20%.
This way you have 3 berserks in that fight but generally it is much worse for raid benefits unless you run some extreme AOE raid setup and can afford it. We did however stack holy priests with mastery reforge. This makes the fight a total joke when they are pulling ~40k sustained HPS spiking to 60-80k...

When we tried the above, we had up to 14 people go up the first web and blow CDs (1tank+2-3healers+dps). We had no issues to finish 1st drone when we jumped down. On 2nd web we would have 8 or 9 people (1+2+5-6DPS) and on the 3rd web we would have 6-7 DPS up again.
Even though we were able to pull bethilak below 65% before p2, we were taking enourmous amount of damage total P1 from Burning Acid. We were looking here at around 12-15mln damage taken from it, becouse spinners weren't simply dying on the ground. It did not matter that we had beth so low when healers were running dry on 2nd web phase...

Postby BoldTM » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:47 am

Have anyone had the issue being killed by Beth while dpsing a drone downstairs?

I am on the up team dpsing Beth and when she cast the devastate we go down as normal but one mage will stay up and inv-iceblock-mirrors so that she does not do her aoe. When i am down a often tries to charge a drone but in somecases i just die and the log says "killed be Beth Melee attack". Have you seen this as well?

Honored

Postby Toro » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Bold, I've had this issue once, killing spiderlings as they spawn, after being up top for most of the phase.

What I feel is the cause is that you were in the middle of the room, under that giant circle, or maybe even just under where she did her smoldering destruction, which is technically in her melee range... Should probably report it to Blizz, but I've yet to do it, as it's only happened once.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Next

Return to Boss Archives