Register

Bigwigs / DBM / Power Auras / DXE and audible alerts

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Bigwigs / DBM / Power Auras / DXE and audible alerts

Postby Grenache » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:04 am

I was researching the Staghelm encounter and realised that it would be very handy to have an audible countdown for the last 5 seconds of Seering Seeds. I naturally went to look at what Power Auras could do, and couldn't see how it could do that.

So, I searched around and discovered DXE (recently updated for Cataclysm) and it works an absolute treat. As a result, I have switched over to DXE now. The only problem was that I wasn't able to get the sound of the alerts high enough over the combat noise, so I've turned off in-game sound. Playing silently is quite eerie, although I can hear Vent a lot better now. Does anyone know a way to adjust a mod's sound higher than the normal in-game sounds?

Re: Bigwigs / DBM / Power Auras / DXE and audible alerts

Postby Lax » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:50 am

Enable sound effects, but set your "Sound" volume low. The addons alert sound volume follows the "Master Volume", so it will still be normal volume.

Btw, BigWigs also has excellent warnings for the seeds if you turn on "emphasize". You will get a countdown and the whole screen flashes.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:37 am

I've never played the game with sound on personally, can never hear anyone over vent if it's on. That and I have the game muted anyways as I like to listen to TV while playing lol.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:00 am

Thanks for the advice guys. I have adjusted sound volumes accordingly. I'll stick with DXE for now, but will try BW if the excessive alerts get on my nerves.

Return to Addons / UI