Register

StamPede

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

StamPede

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:31 am

Just checking...charge/ravage is better than bear charge/haste buff/shift cat right?

Site Admin

Re: StamPede

Postby Alaron » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:13 am

Almost certainly. If you want to do the math yourself, just figure out how much extra haste 30% is (let's just go with a round number and say 300) for 8sec. My (old) RSV calculations show 1 haste = 1 dps, roughly, so 300 haste = 300 dps * 8sec = 2400 damage.

Pretty sure Ravage will hit for more than that. :)

Postby Eteocles » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Speaking of stampede (I'm threadjacking here), has anyone done the math as to just how good/bad running out and charging in to ravage is during fights? I haven't seen actual calculations for it though perhaps I'm blind. It seems like a bunch of talent points and one more annoying thing to do during fights.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Well, it really depends on how long it takes you to go out/in. Basically its:
Avg. Ravage Damage - (MeleeHitsLost * MeleeAvgDmg) - (OOC/FS Proc Chance Lost) - (FC energy loss).

Some quick handwavy numbers: Avg. Ravage is probably 18k, Avg. Melee is 2k, Attack Speed is .7 sec. That gives you 5 secs or so; factor in the loss of energy from the FC and the lost OOC/FS procs and you're probably looking at 3-4 secs.
(As in, if you can get out and back in within 3-4 secs, it's a DPS increase.)
Overall, it's probably not worth it.

Postby tbot » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:57 am

Ya I probably wouldn't worry about the situations where you are glued to the boss. Chances of running out and back and getting a profit on it aren't good. On the otherhand... most bosses seperate you from the boss so you can make use of this, something I'm still getting used to.

Marrowgar, Rotface, LDW (ghosts), Putricide, BP, BQL, Valithria, Sindy, LK. Heck even gunship you can fc the mage.

It's kinda fun to know every time you get knocked outa your perfect rotation you get to FC and slap them real hard.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:56 pm

tbot wrote:Ya I probably wouldn't worry about the situations where you are glued to the boss. Chances of running out and back and getting a profit on it aren't good. On the otherhand... most bosses seperate you from the boss so you can make use of this, something I'm still getting used to.

Marrowgar, Rotface, LDW (ghosts), Putricide, BP, BQL, Valithria, Sindy, LK. Heck even gunship you can fc the mage.

It's kinda fun to know every time you get knocked outa your perfect rotation you get to FC and slap them real hard.

FCing the gunship mage from halfway your rocket jump just looks awesome (with spamming a mouseover charge macro and keeping the mouse cursor in the direction of the mage), every druid should try it.

Code: Select all
#showtooltip Feral Charge(Cat Form)
/cast [stance:1,@mouseover,harm,nodead][stance:1]Feral Charge(Bear Form);[stance:3,@mouseover,harm,nodead][stance:3]Feral Charge(Cat Form);[nostance:1,nostance:3]!Cat Form

Postby tbot » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Mihir wrote:FCing the gunship mage from halfway your rocket jump just looks awesome (with spamming a mouseover charge macro and keeping the mouse cursor in the direction of the mage), every druid should try it.

The other one that looks awesome is FC'ing LK after kicking a shadowtrap :)
It's my favourite activity for when wipes are called.

Return to Kitty DPS