Register

Feral Problem...

Face-rippin fun.

Feral Problem...

Postby Nean » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:07 am

Good morning,

i have two problems.

1. Reforging
I used wowreforge.com to reach hit/exp cap but somehow it doesn't seem right to me. Do I favor haste oder should i stay with hit/exp cap and than favor mastery as next stat? Im a bit confused.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Nean/

We raid FL 25men, 6 down and working on Ragnaros.

I have no feral I could ask in my guild...lonely firecat:(

2. T11 and T12 and Trinkets
Quite unsure what to take:
I have to choose from:
t11 shoulder (359), chest (372), hands (372), legs (359)
t12 in one week i can buy hands (378) and/or legs/chest (378)

as off pieces I have helmet (378) and hands (378)

which pieces should i get or keep to have 2t11 and 2t12?
and is it even worse it or do i just switch to 2t12 with offset pieces?

Trinkets:
I can choose from:
Fluid Death (359)
Unheeded Warning (359)
Essence of the Cyclone (372)
Rickets...(365) --> 4 days to do dailies

Right now Im using Fluid Death (Hitcap) and Essence...to keep the most constant dmg.

in about two or three weeks of raiding I should get the revered trinket, does it affect the trinket choice?

Thank you to read this and maybe even help a little.

Nean

PS: Dont judge grammar and/or english...it takes me too much time to write this down properly ;)
The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it's open.

Re: Feral Problem...

Postby Aurea » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:14 am

just stopping by to point out, that you're 1 exp over cap und a little high on hit.

on trinkets: i use the revered trinket, as long as i can ensure its used on coldown (macroed to TF). otherwise fluiddeath + 372 trinket should be fine.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 am

Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste is probably your "safest" route to take, reforging for Haste is slightly better on Patchwerk (Baleroc) fights, but when it comes down to it, the loss of the ~100 dps from Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit, even on that fight is negligible.

Postby Nean » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:24 am

Thanks.
I have to change the hit/exp...as soon as i know if i should stay with it or change to haste/mastery

edit: Konungr was faster than me:)

Okay, thank you, I'll stay with hit/exp cap>mastery>crit>haste than.

Anything about trinkets and/or t-sets vs offset?

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:49 am

Just conceptually (not running it through Mew or anything), ideally if you can get Staghelm down, I'd try getting his shoulder token first, and then maybe pair those with legs. Then keep the t11 chest and gloves as those are heroic versions and should last till 4 t12, with the offset helm for now.

Trinkets, how close are you to Revered with Guardians yet? If you can, I'd grab their trinket and pair it with FD or H Essence depending on how close you can come to hit capped without it, otherwise there's really no wrong answer between a combo of FD and H Essence or UW, both will give roughly equal levels of DPS. Mew would probably give you a better answer than my guesstimates. Ricket's is horrible though, don't bother with that piece of junk.

Postby Nean » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:59 am

We downed Staghelm once until now, last tuesday.
I got the Flamescythe.

I will take shoulders and legs t12 and stay with chest and hands t11 as sonn i can get it.
But as we are something between a semi-progress and casual-raiding guild (t11 content 5/13hc and t12 5/6nonhc right now)...is it better to stay with chest/shoulders t11 and buy legs/hands t12 for the beginning?

edit:
Revered is still about two or three weeks ahead, so no trinket for a while.
I'll stay with FD and EoC hc as I am right now I guess.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am

Nean wrote:We downed Staghelm once until now, last tuesday.
I got the Flamescythe.

I will take shoulders and legs t12 and stay with chest and hands t11 as sonn i can get it.
But as we are something between a semi-progress and casual-raiding guild (t11 content 5/13hc and t12 5/6nonhc right now)...is it better to stay with chest/shoulders t11 and buy legs/hands t12 for the beginning?

edit:
Revered is still about two or three weeks ahead, so no trinket for a while.
I'll stay with FD and EoC hc as I am right now I guess.

Well it'd be nice if you could find a way to keep the higher ilvl pieces of T11 I would generally think, as the 2 t11 is fairly strong and having the higher ilvl ones would mean less pressure to upgrade them in a hurry or less incentive to break for epic 378s, which is why I'd pick upgrading the lower level shoulders first. But yeah, just run stuff through Mew and it should give you a better answer than I can eyeballing stuff.

Postby Mitty » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:12 am

Nean, I was in the exact same situation with my mix of 359 and 372 tier pieces. I saved VP until I could buy 2 pieces (in case BH was kind), then picked up t12 legs and hands. No rhyme or reason for hands before chest other than I could have them 1 week earlier (chest is a little more expensive), and I hate hate hate the BH lottery. So now I have the 378 helm offset, 2t11 shoulders & chest (1 359, 1 372), and 2 t12 legs & hands.

Obvisouly I will go for t12 shoulders as soon as I can, and once I get them I will use those + t12 legs for 2t12, and go back to the 372 t11 hands and chest, until I have enough VP for the chest. If the scythe drops for us again, though, it may be a while before I can bid on the tier shoulders.

I can't say this is the absolutely optimal route, but wanted to let you know what I did. This is a case of the current gear dictating your upgrades, rather than theorycrafting the relative dps value of each piece, imo.

Best of luck,

Mitty

Postby Nean » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Thank you for the advices:)

Postby Herrby » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:45 am

hello all !
this is my armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... rby/simple
i have problem after i have reforge(i used wow reforge to get hit/exp maxed ) to get hit/exp max ...so that i have lost much of dps doing like 16-18k before on t11 content i was on 20k
i try to set gear on hit/exp/mastery...but with any new upgrade that drop there is not much mastery on it ...so with any new(offset) leather drop i lose mastery ;(

pls advise

best regards

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:00 am

Herrby wrote:hello all !
this is my armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... rby/simple
i have problem after i have reforge(i used wow reforge to get hit/exp maxed ) to get hit/exp max ...so that i have lost much of dps doing like 16-18k before on t11 content i was on 20k
i try to set gear on hit/exp/mastery...but with any new upgrade that drop there is not much mastery on it ...so with any new(offset) leather drop i lose mastery ;(

pls advise

best regards

If the pieces you get have more and more stats that aren't mastery, you are going to lose some. I set up the stat values on wowreforge and I use it every time I get an upgrade and even using the Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste profile, my Crit would sometimes be slightly higher than my mastery, just because of the stat budget.

Keep in mind however, that trinkets will create a significant difference. I did a test the other day of 5 trinkets: FD, H:Cyclone, Ancient Seed, Matrix, and Hungerer and my results were roughly Matrix > Seed > Hungerer > H:Cyclone > FD, which means that if I wanted to min-max my dps, I would take a ~400 Static Mastery trinket with an On-use that lines up perfectly with TF, over a static ~400 Agility and a Haste Proc.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592641963

Return to Kitty DPS