Register

Unheeded Warning - Nerfed???

Face-rippin fun.

Unheeded Warning - Nerfed???

Postby Sonsys » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:15 am

Hey all,

Ive been reading through several wow forums that UHW trinket has some ninja nerf on the reset. The most conclusive post with pictures is linked below.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/950 ... st12544384

Ofcourse it breaks down into the QQ about arena and cyclone blah blah, but can anyone else confirm this??

Also - Where do we go from here, Firelands trinkets ofc...but What is going to be better than UHW easily available for PvE since I didnt pick up a heroic Neffy trinket.

If anyone has some numbers that would be awesome!

Sonsys!

Re: Unheeded Warning - Nerfed???

Postby Khalor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:28 am

Hi there,
Just registered to this forum to ask the exacpt q.
I can confirm it,
UW's proc now gives AP bonus (the tooltip hasn't changed).

I wanted to ask for PvE, what should I look for now?
I'm using atm Fluid Death and UW...
What's the easiest trinket for me to get now?
(Considiring my like with drops is meh ><)
The FL revered rep trinket?

thx :)

Postby Aurea » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:06 am

fl revered trinket or the trinket you can get from the molten front dailies

Postby Evil » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:31 am

Good Question. Looks like it's time to change this 359 trinket - only have Fluid Death and heroic Essence of the Cyclone plus would be able to get the FL revered Trinket. What do you guys think to chance UW with - heroic Essence of the Cyclone, the FL revered Trinket or the daily MF one?

Honored

Postby mekell » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 am

I checked on my server late last night and it hadn't been nerfed, yet. US-Eonar.

Postby Fonia » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:12 am

Evil wrote:Good Question. Looks like it's time to change this 359 trinket - only have Fluid Death and heroic Essence of the Cyclone plus would be able to get the FL revered Trinket. What do you guys think to chance UW with - heroic Essence of the Cyclone, the FL revered Trinket or the daily MF one?

Most of us already stopped using uhw except for specific scenarios. Namely, baleroc.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:30 am

According to Rawr (in my gear).

OLD Unheeded Warning ~1700
T11 372s ~1600
Fluid Death ~1500
DMC: Hurricane ~1495
Ancient Petrified Seed ~1450
NERFED Unheeded Warning ~1450
T11 359s ~1400
Ricket's Magnetic Fireball ~1400

I don't know how accurate all these are (it is rawr after all), but it should serve as a starting point.

EDIT: Btw, last I checked, its only been changed in Europe, not the US. Probably next restart.

Postby Evil » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:00 pm

I'm in europe and checked it right now - the procc still says 680 Weapon Damage - so I guess there are still the old UW stats? Any idea - eventually tested on few server only?
Confusion right now ....

Or is the ingame Buff wrong ... and you don't get 680 Weapon damage?

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Evil wrote:I'm in europe and checked it right now - the procc still says 680 Weapon Damage - so I guess there are still the old UW stats? Any idea - eventually tested on few server only?
Confusion right now ....

The tooltip still reads 680 Weapon Damage, but the proc itself has been changed on EU servers. Tooltips require a client-side patch IIRC.

Postby Evil » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Konungr wrote:
Evil wrote:I'm in europe and checked it right now - the procc still says 680 Weapon Damage - so I guess there are still the old UW stats? Any idea - eventually tested on few server only?
Confusion right now ....

The tooltip still reads 680 Weapon Damage, but the proc itself has been changed on EU servers. Tooltips require a client-side patch IIRC.

Horrible - I hate that kind of stuff - thanks for the info - so I'll have to go with the heroic Cyclone ...

Postby Ruan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:43 pm

I suspected this might happen, but repeatedly lost offpsec rolls on Prestor's to caster druids.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Ruan wrote:I suspected this might happen, but repeatedly lost offpsec rolls on Prestor's to caster druids.

Since when do Casters use Agility?

Postby Ruan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Konungr wrote:
Ruan wrote:I suspected this might happen, but repeatedly lost offpsec rolls on Prestor's to caster druids.

Since they offspec Cat or Bear.

Peripherally, if the UW proc gives anything less than 3,852 raw attack power, it's under budget.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Ruan wrote:
Konungr wrote:

Since they offspec Cat or Bear.

Peripherally, if the UW proc gives anything less than 3,852 raw attack power, it's under budget.

It gives exactly half of that, it is in line, dps wise, with the other 359s trinkets.

Postby Ruan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Konungr wrote:
Ruan wrote:Yo dawg I heard you can't embed more than three quotes, so I can't quote in your quote while you quote what you quote.

It gives exactly half of that, it is in line, dps wise, with the other 359s trinkets.

Unless the ICD is 25 seconds it's under budget, AP is valued at half of a primary stat or combat rating. Drives me up the wall when Blizzard does not follow its own rules.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Ruan wrote:
Konungr wrote:
Ruan wrote:Yo dawg I heard you can't embed more than three quotes, so I can't quote in your quote while you quote what you quote.

Unless the ICD is 25 seconds it's under budget, AP is valued at half of a primary stat or combat rating. Drives me up the wall when Blizzard does not follow its own rules.

Attack Power for Feral Druids is equivalent of a Secondary Stat, of which, the 359 trinkets proc 1926 secondary stats: Neffy Trinket.

Therefore, Unheeded Warning is perfectly on-budget.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:25 pm

These are the DPS results from my character using Mew for the combination of these 5 trinkets, I did not include Unheeded Warning, but its value is roughly the same as FD: Fluid Death, Matrix, Essence, Seed, Hungerer (All trinkets used are their Normal versions except for Essence, which is the 372 Heroic)

Disclaimer: These are not fact, these are just the results that I got from the various trinkets. It can be used as a guideline to see which trinkets pull ahead.

TL;DR: Matrix > Seed > Hungerer > Essence > FD

Matrix + Essence = 25300
Matrix + Seed = 25505
Seed + Essence = 25265
FD + Seed = 25185
FD + Essence = 25005
FD + Matrix = 25255
Hunger + FD = 25105
Hunger + Matrix = 25485
Hunger + Seed = 25385
Hunger + Essence = 25230

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:32 pm

I would be interested to see how Seed does on non patchwork fights. I believe it will lose it's value quickly if you are not able to use it on cooldown. Fights like Rhoylith, Rag and Beth which require often time off boss, or quick target switches will hurt it, plus the mastery is wasted if we don't have bleeds going (IE aoe fights). How does it come out if the fight is 4:50 seconds long?

Postby Ruan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Konungr wrote:

Attack Power for Feral Druids is equivalent of a Secondary Stat, of which, the 359 trinkets proc 1926 secondary stats: Neffy Trinket.

Shouldn't matter how good attack power is for a certain class, Blizzard has set values for each stat and there should be twice as much attack power as anything else.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Ruan wrote:
Konungr wrote:

Shouldn't matter how good attack power is for a certain class, Blizzard has set values for each stat and there should be twice as much attack power as anything else.

Please point out the trinket that gives 1.9k Agility on a 10/60 Uptime proc.

Attack Power is a Secondary Stat, which is why it has the same proc value, 1928, as other secondary stats on other trinkets: Nef Trinket. If they gave it double the value of all the other 359 trinkets then it wouldn't solve any problems because it would still be imbalanced.

Postby Karona » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but the proc is 2649 AP, isn't it?
Without UHWProc i got 15504 AP, while having the buff its 18153 AP.

Postby Chairmanmeow » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Karona wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the proc is 2649 AP, isn't it?
Without UHWProc i got 15504 AP, while having the buff its 18153 AP.

No, it's 1.9k as everyone else has already tested. You were in cat form, which has percent modifiers that increase your total AP, thus the total AP gained from the UHW proc.

It's 1.9k, AP is only budgeted 2:1 against PRIMARY stats not secondary stats, and as Konungr pointed out, there's no proc that gives 1.9k of a primary stat on a 10/60 cooldown, it's perfectly inline with the other 359 trinkets available for ferals.

Can we move on now?

Postby Karona » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:25 pm

my bad, forgot about 'Aggression'~

Postby Ruan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Konungr wrote:

Please point out the trinket that gives 1.9k Agility on a 10/60 Uptime proc.

Attack Power is a Secondary Stat, which is why it has the same proc value, 1928, as other secondary stats on other trinkets: Nef Trinket. If they gave it double the value of all the other 359 trinkets then it wouldn't solve any problems because it would still be imbalanced.

Attack Power is NOT budgeted as a secondary stat. Blizzard has been fairly zealous about eliminating most instances of passive attack power so I give you yon olde WoWWiki page for Crimson Spinel:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Crimson_Spinel

10 Primary Stats OR 10 Secondary Stats (Ratings) OR 20 Attack Power.

I don't dispute that the item is in line, DPS ways, with others, but the item budget is still wrong.

Postby Fonia » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:33 pm

So I herd they changed some of the stats around with this thing called cata. If you post a lvl 80+ item with attack power budgeted it'd be relevant.

Next

Return to Kitty DPS