Register

Potions and Berserk

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Potions and Berserk

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Something came to me while I was adding some touches in a post for the Let's Talk About Log's thread. I have been giving advice to all ferals to make sure to use their Agility Potions right before Berserk so we don't waste our first GCD of half energy attacks (and 15% more damage from TF) on the Potion.

This has been good advice for T11. However with 4.2 coming up we have some new changes that might make a difference. As soon as 4.2 hits our Glyph of Berserk will now make our Berserk 25 seconds instead of 20. Also as soon as we get T12 we can extend Berserk even longer. Will this make it worth it to use the Potion after we start Berserk?

My gut says "no". I don't think losing that first GCD of TF'd Berserk won't be worth it. However my gut totally failed math. Has anyone with some better math slinging skills thought enough about this to give a better answer then my gut?

Honored

Re: Potions and Berserk

Postby Yawning » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Potions are off the global cooldown, and have been off the global cooldown for as long as I can remember.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Mew: http://code.google.com/p/mew-wow-druid-model/

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Super. I been doing it wrong. Time to go make a few changes.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:41 pm

I have my TF, Berserk, and Potion all macro'd together so I have a 1 hit super wonder and so that the Potion lines up, currently, perfectly with Berserk.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2211763443

Postby Beanna » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:06 am

I personally have a TF+Synapses Springs+Berserker macro which countains a special modifier for when I want to add my Potion of the Tol'vir at a specific time of the fight, during Bloodlust generally.

It is very basic, it looks like:

/cast Tiger's Fury
/use 10 (gloves enchant)
/cast Berserker
/use [mod:alt] Potion of the Tol'vir

Honored

Postby mekell » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 am

I have a macro similar to that, but its bound to Ctrl+1. I was hoping i could add a alt or shift modifier to control potion useage in scenarios where i dont care about using one, but Ctrl+Shift+1 doesnt work. Im guessing i would have to click the button while holding shift to get it to activate properly :(

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:16 am

mekell wrote:I have a macro similar to that, but its bound to Ctrl+1. I was hoping i could add a alt or shift modifier to control potion useage in scenarios where i dont care about using one, but Ctrl+Shift+1 doesnt work. Im guessing i would have to click the button while holding shift to get it to activate properly :(

]

My current macro is:
#showtooltip
/cast [form:1] Berserk; [form:3, mod][form:3] Tiger's Fury(Cat Form); Entangling Roots
/cast [form:3, mod] Berserk
/use [spec:1, form:3, mod:alt] Potion of the Tol'Vir
/use [spec:2, form:3, mod, nostealth] item:64687

If I hold down Alt it will use everything, if I hold down Ctrl, it will TF/Berserk. Otherwise it will just TF.
The item:64687 is my PVP trinket, and as such, is used with Berserk.

Honored

Postby mekell » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks Konungr, do you click this button with the mouse or is it hotkeyed? My problem is, i think, is that mine is hot keyed to CTRL+1, and if i add the mod:shift to my potion use line, then in order to hit the key i have to press CTRL+SHIFT+1, which is no longer the key its bound to.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:01 pm

mekell wrote:Thanks Konungr, do you click this button with the mouse or is it hotkeyed? My problem is, i think, is that mine is hot keyed to CTRL+1, and if i add the mod:shift to my potion use line, then in order to hit the key i have to press CTRL+SHIFT+1, which is no longer the key its bound to.

I have it hotkeyed to my Razer Naga.

Honored

Postby mekell » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Thats an interesting idea. I might be able to do that with my mouse, its not a naga, but ill investigate and see. I have other things bound to the mouse, but not using all the buttons.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:09 pm

mekell wrote:Thats an interesting idea. I might be able to do that with my mouse, its not a naga, but ill investigate and see. I have other things bound to the mouse, but not using all the buttons.

The naga uses the NumPad for what it binds to.

Postby sakay » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:28 am

Very good idea i liked so much thanks for Konungr

Postby Orka » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:34 am

Given the 25s second duration of the agi potion; considering that berserk duration is now 25 seconds if glyphed, up to 37-38 seconds with the 4T12 bonus, the question may remain as to when potting for berserk, given the 12-13 second larger window of opportunity for using the potion without wasting it.
Given that TF cannot be cast during Berserk, but should still be used on cooldown, one should be using TF and Berserk at the same time, at least to make sure it will not come off cooldown during berserk. Consequently, since the +15% damage buff will only be available during at most the first 6 seconds of Zerk, and since one is very likely to be full of energy at the start of the Zerk, this period is probably the highest dps burst sequence. The agi buff from the potion would then be most useful at that time, acting as a multiplier.
Now, considering the haste rating levels of some of you lucky firecats purring around, some may well manage to finish their berserk without having gone out of energy, meaning the potion would not be wasted if used later in the berserk, say after 10seconds. But still, the +15% damage buff only occurred and can only occur at the very start of the zerk. I'd see as a waste a potion missing the TF buff.
TL;DR: imo, even with 4t12, keep potting at the same time you zerk.
P.s. Yes, I too think I managed to both ask myself a question and answering it lol
O.

Postby jeni » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:22 pm

The link you posted Konungr is very helpful.. it worked fine with me too..

Return to Kitty DPS