Register

Gemming for pvp gear

Hot animal action.

Gemming for pvp gear

Postby JKCS » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Heys! Just wanted to know whether would the Adept Ember Topaz- 20 agi+20 mastery rating be better than the Lucent Ember Topaz- 20 agi+20 resilience rating, since resilience takes a diminishing return after 3200. Or should I ignore the socket bonuses and gem delicate inferno rubies? Plan to do both arenas and rated bgs. Thanks for helping! :)

Re: Gemming for pvp gear

Postby Kojo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm

PvP gear tends to have nice bonus' so I wouldn't ignore them. I'd go with the mastery unless for some reason you're really trying to lay on the res, like if you're going to play flag runner.

Postby JKCS » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:23 pm

So I supposed I should gem agi+mastery instead? Thanks for the help :)

And nopes I'm not playing fc.

Postby Antioch » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:28 pm

I just gem pure agility except for sp pen gems, still manage to sit at 3600 resil even with a pve trinket and almost 4k with double pvp.
Agility is better than any secondary stat and unless your consistently dying id advice you gem for it.

Postby JKCS » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:20 pm

If I gem pure agi, it would be a comparison between +50 additional agi (from shoulders, chest and boots) vs +60 mastery rating and +30 resilience (including socket bonuses). So pure agi is better? Because I thought resilience was equally important ._. Thanks for the advise guys :)

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... r/advanced

P.S. im currently gemming agi+resilience and considering agi+mastery or full agi.

Postby Antioch » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:27 am

The same rules apply to agi vs any secondary stat in pvp as they do in pve. It's been a while since i brushed up on my combat ratings for stats but last time i looked agility was roughly 3 times more valuable than any other stat.
The difference in pvp is that resilience cannot be quantified in the same way as most secondary stats. It mostly comes down to personal preference and playstyle wether you use it over agility or not.
Just looking at your armory i would reccommend a few small changes. First and most obvious is that your missing 3 enchants and missing a belt buckle. I personally rather the Assassins step enchant on feet, although it is a little more expensive and does not stack with your movement speed inc. in cat, it does work when your in caster form and i find it invaluable.
I would also replace the 40 resi on chest with +20 stats and when you do manage to get shoulder enchants get the terazane ones if possible over the honor ones.

Honored

Postby Toro » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Recently been playing around with crit, just after some spen/hit stuffs... Still stacking agi and, it seems more, if I get on people, it's better, and I'm doing the same, at least in 2s, for spreading dmg to drain healers... f rsham, seriously... disc/feral vs fdk/rsham... took about 25 minutes of stoming totems and simply trying to keep the shaman down...

Alas, I digress, I've been getting by with ~120spen and 5% hit, so agi as gems, and I switched from the 1%reflect meta to agile shadowspirit, simply because my uptime is kind of retardedly awesome.

I've missed with maim, which caused about 15 minutes more to a match, back in season 2 and have been hit capped since, lol. Always pvp with Nurturing Instinct 2/2, and agi gems only help. It's things like that which allow us to solo teams... they might be bad, but it's still an accomplishment.

TL;DR: Gem agi, after hitting spen cap; wearing belt+bracers+ring, as well as an agi/hit gem in gloves should be enough to hit cap you, with 384 gear. If I'm wrong about that, and thinking on it, I might be... wearing 371 and 384 hit rings, I think... gotta verify that.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Return to Feral PvP