Register

Let's talk about logs (Gearing and Execution advise)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Re: Let's talk about logs (Gearing and Execution advise)

Postby shinryu » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
shinryu wrote:Well that's what still puzzles me; I mean, since I'm not having to rebuild my mangle stacks after the rare occasion I drop form, you'd think it would be higher wouldn't it? Besides what super druid utility, we have tranq that's pretty much the only thing I can think of worth casting on bosses...

Brez + Innervate jump right to mind. Not as powerful as it used to be, but even 3-4 more healing spells can save someone. Just recently on a Rag kill I had to go to bear form and taunt rag to let our MT drop his stack. I didn't have to tank it that long and I lasted through my cooldowns then went back to DPS.

You do have a point with Brez lol; what can I say, I run with a Resto and 99% of the time she takes care of that angle (with the rare 1% being that someone is out of range or I need to rez her lol). Innervate though, I thought it was pretty much nerfed to the point last patch that even for Resto/Bal it was worthless to cast it on someone else instead of yourself. Besides, I think a mana pot probably gives more mana than a feral's innervate lol.

Leafkiller wrote:
shinryu wrote:So, I just got the 2p...I'm still doing roughly the same damage as with 4p t11? Doesn't seem overly impressive to me...

So...judging the affect of the 2 piece set bonus without doing an analysis of how your RNG went...

If Mew has it modeled correctly (which is likely) it is a substantial up over the 4 piece T11.

Well I just meant from my initial use of it on rag and staghelm compared to last week on rag, it's pretty much the same. Still doing the same stuff, heck I actually have a new helm and 378 revered trinket instead of H Cyclone. So just from first impressions without getting into loads of funky math, I personally haven't noticed much increase at all; there was some on staghelm since that dot ticks on the boss and cats now, but other than that, not much. And honestly, having an ignite ability (complete with munching) just seems kinda eh in theory anyways, wasn't that why mages went with arcane back in wotlk...I mean, if this is just gonna come down to another rng fest for the 2p to be good, that's kinda eww.

Who knows, maybe it will get better, maybe it's better on all the other bosses except these 2, but for now, the only "good" things I've noticed are being able to shift out if needed without as much penalty and mangling only every minute instead of every 30 seconds.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:31 am

shinryu wrote:You do have a point with Brez lol; what can I say, I run with a Resto and 99% of the time she takes care of that angle (with the rare 1% being that someone is out of range or I need to rez her lol). Innervate though, I thought it was pretty much nerfed to the point last patch that even for Resto/Bal it was worthless to cast it on someone else instead of yourself. Besides, I think a mana pot probably gives more mana than a feral's innervate lol.

Innervate was actually buffed for Feral in that patch. But it was so minor and dependent on your healers having a 100k+ Mana pool that very few noticed.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 am

Konungr wrote:
shinryu wrote:You do have a point with Brez lol; what can I say, I run with a Resto and 99% of the time she takes care of that angle (with the rare 1% being that someone is out of range or I need to rez her lol). Innervate though, I thought it was pretty much nerfed to the point last patch that even for Resto/Bal it was worthless to cast it on someone else instead of yourself. Besides, I think a mana pot probably gives more mana than a feral's innervate lol.

Innervate was actually buffed for Feral in that patch. But it was so minor and dependent on your healers having a 100k+ Mana pool that very few noticed.

I got a kick when Mr. Ghostcrawler made a post saying "We cut back on the power of Innervates from Feral and Balance druids because we felt they were contributing to too much healer mana" when the feral innervate was actually getting buffed in the next patch. Many lols were had.

Sorry, slightly off-topic and not really adding to anything. Just wanted to laugh.

Postby Nean » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:59 am

So again, the reforging and RSV question

Mew stopped working for me three days ago, so i have no idea if staying with hit/exp cap or going für haste/mastery...

Would someone help me out please by telling me what to reforge (capwise oder not)?

This
http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Nean/
is my druid.

I use http://www.wowreforge.com with reforgerade addon ingame.

Thank you.

Other thing is:
I feel DPS kind of low during the last raids, and have no idea why.
We have another feral since 2 days, so this is the only comparison i have and he reforges towards haste, leaving hit/exp aside.
Gear is roughly equal.

The Logs (Alysrazar, Baleroc, majordomo)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b896b0l6rd5byg11/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ifprrnfjdfds4om0/

Kind regards, Nean
The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it's open.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Nean wrote:So again, the reforging and RSV question
Would someone help me out please by telling me what to reforge (capwise oder not)?

This
http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Nean/
is my druid.

I use http://www.wowreforge.com with reforgerade addon ingame.

Thank you.

Other thing is:
I feel DPS kind of low during the last raids, and have no idea why.
We have another feral since 2 days, so this is the only comparison i have and he reforges towards haste, leaving hit/exp aside.
Gear is roughly equal.

The Logs (Alysrazar, Baleroc, majordomo)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b896b0l6rd5byg11/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ifprrnfjdfds4om0/

Kind regards, Nean

Right now you are 29 points over the hit cap and 42 points under your exp cap. Being under the exp cap isn't a bad thing but you should strive never to go over the hit cap.

In general you should really reforge with what is going to make you perform best. On fights like Baleroc having less hit and exp and lots more haste will be a benifit because you have 100% up time on him. Fights like Aly if you are flying haste is going to be completely wasted, but making sure you hit every single one of your 100% shred crits is importent. Domo is between the two as you do have off time on the boss for Seeds and cat leaps, but most time is on the boss. Personally I like having the hit/exp cap as it seems to help me on more fights. Sure I will rank a little less on Baleroc, but I also won't be RNG screwed with a lovely dodge/miss string one day.

Things are kinda busy at work right now so give me a little time to go through the logs. I will get it done later today.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:44 pm

So looking at the logs I am not sure what I can do to compare them. You were in for staghelm, and he wasn't. He was in for Baleroc and you wern't, and you were doing different jobs on Aly. Did you have some previous logs that made you feel this weeks were less then before?

I can offer some advice for Staghelm. Your Rip and Rake up times on the boss are very low during the cat phases. Some things to look at are:
- Watch his energy bar. If it's about to go and Rake is going to run out before he gets back to you refresh it.
- Same with Rip. If it's going to run out when he charges refresh it. If you dont' have enough shreds in shred to give yourself more uptime.
- Don't use combo point attacks on the Spirits of Flame. They all die to fast for either of our bleeds to run the full course so they don't help.

What I do when Staghelm jumps away is just change my target to the Spirit of Flame and let auto attack do damage. If I am about to energy cap I do a swipe (hopefully Staghelm will be back in range to get hit by it). When he is back in range I swap back to him and continue as normal. Because you aren't losing all your combo points by doing attacks to the Sprits you will have a much easier time of keeping Rip up on the boss. Make sure to refresh Rake as well. Let me know if you have other logs were you felt you were doing better.
Hope that helps.

Honored

Postby Toro » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:16 pm

For Stag, our guild does melee only on adds, so I pop Bers on the second cat of both the first and third cat phase, and pot the second cat of the second cat phase. Rake, mangle, shred, if the mob is >50% hp still, shred, then FB (assuming not at 5CP yet), otherwise FB and get back on Stag, depending on his energy and how many other cats you have up... right about the 5th jump, we start to have 2cats up at once, so I put rip on both the 5th and 6th cat, which when transitioning to Seeds can help kill them during the transition, if not allow simply an attack on him for the kill.

I try to at least keep up rake on Stag before he pounces another target; it may be obvious to some, but not the first thing others think of, and I tell it to our melee pretty often: focus Stag so you can always see his energy count.

Can't tell how much strafing you did to at least make sure you got the extensions on Rip, via Shred, during Scorp phase.

Total bleed uptime is low. Can't say too much else after that, though, if you do some of the things suggested, post the next week's log and we can compare your (hopeful) increase.

I'm simply comparing you to my Stag kills. Haven't assessed Baelroc.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Postby Nean » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:15 am

Thank you both :)

I will try to correct the overcapped hit.

I have no better logs on those fight, I'm sorry.

The week before I was doing Staghelm standing in front of him with mangle glyph...which was even worse.

I will work on my Bleed Uptime, esp. on Staghelm.

Alysrazar is fine for me while flying, i wasn't used to it so from time to time I...kissed the floor.

If I have better Logs next week, I'll post them, but as we are stuck in a hole because of 2 of 3 tanks nerdrage-gquitting...yes...nc.

Thank you for your advise, I will work on it :)
The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it's open.

Postby Jmsyqt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm also needing a bit of help with gear/dps rotation.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Jmsyqt/advanced ***Fixed***
Will be changing the bracer enchant once I get an upgrade. I don't think the +50 Agi will be worth the gold on 353 bracers at the moment.

Joined a guild starting from 0/7 Firelands together in 25-man and my first log from our.... 1-2 hour Shannox attempt (I know )

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0wk758cclmo1si3m/details/22/?s=9370&e=9844***Fixed***

Currently having mixed thoughts on the opener and whatever follows during the rotation. I use Leafkiller's script and it suggests (after the FC>Stampede) Mangle > Rake > SR. I also get different opinions on forums and other Ferals, something like Mangle > Rake > Shred to 5 CP > Rip > Ravage? I've been using the latter and sticking TF in there before the opening Rip. But after the Ravage I'm not sure if I should spend the 1-2 CP on SR or build up to 5 CP for a FB.

Any advice on gearing and dps rotation would be greatly appreciated!

Here we go, sorry bout that Tinder :D

Postby Warscreamer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:40 am

Hello fellow druids, I would like to ask for help.
I'm a double feral druid with DPS spec as main.

Here you can find my armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... r/advanced
Here is combatlog from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r7ns1zrny37r64c9/ (only update is VP ring I get after the raid)
edit: log from today: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2etgfqqc72vfn2o2/
Could you verify my gear/reforging (last evening I dropped haste for more crit), rotation? Maybe you will have any suggestion?

According to MEW for 5 minutes fight haste is better than crit, however if I changed fight time for 6 minutes, crit is better.
Should I follow my time modification?
Last edited by Warscreamer on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Aurea » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:16 am

learn to properly paste your links if you want to get help! Comments like this are not constructive and are not acceptable. Please refrain from posting like this again.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Warscreamer wrote:Hello fellow druids, I would like to ask for help.
I'm a double feral druid with DPS spec as main.

Here you can find my armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... r/advanced
Here is combatlog from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r7ns1zrny37r64c9/ (only update is VP ring I get after the raid)
edit: log from today: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2etgfqqc72vfn2o2/
Could you verify my gear/reforging (last evening I dropped haste for more crit), rotation? Maybe you will have any suggestion?

According to MEW for 5 minutes fight haste is better than crit, however if I changed fight time for 6 minutes, crit is better.
Should I follow my time modification?

Hey Warscreamer. Welcome to the community.

I have a few questions about your reforging. Is it me or has this changed a few times today? I swore when I looked this morning you had less hit then you have now. Regardless you are 128 hit above the cap (961) and well below the expertise cap (781). This isn't to say you should get both caps. You should just never go above the hit cap. Pretty much those are wasted stats. If you do want to reach the exp/hit caps I highly recomend wowreforge.com to help you figure out how to get there with out spending a heap of gold. No issues with gear or gems.

Shannox - Congrads on your ranking here. Nice job on your bleed uptimes and SR. It looks like you TF'd then waited a few seconds to hit your second Berserk. I would highly recomend that you have a macro to hit TF and Berserk together so you get full use of all 6 seconds of 15% damage and starting Berserk with a mostly full energy bar.

Rhyolith - Not a whole lot here. If you can get two rakes going on both legs at the same time go for it (bleeds won't cause turning). Don't worry to much about this though its just a minor thing so don't waste combo points or anything.

Aly - When you don't get to fly I would highly recomend that you equip the thorns glyph and throns the tank on your side. If you take a look at the logs, the Resto druid in your raid cast it on the DK tank just 2 times and it did 200k damage. This won't help your dps any but it will help make hatchling damage go faster. With the glyph you should be able to thorns the tank right after you kill each Initiate.

Baleroc - Again good show with bleeds and SR here. You should be able to get a little more out of your Rip here. It's ok to let SR fall off for a few seconds to prevent a 5-8 second down time for Rip.
When you are soaking the crystal make sure that you use Barkskin during instead of after. Don't forget SI in these situations. Every other crystal you can take up to 20 stacks using SI and Barkskin at the same time arond 12 stacks.
Also really try to keep TF and Berserk lined up to make the most out of both cooldowns (same with your second pot).

Staghelm - Bleeds are good here (you have this part down). You should try to use your second Berserk during the second scorp phase. Check your seed debuff and see if you need to wait a sec (just not to long). The reason for this is so you will be able to use your 3rd berserk during the sub 25% part of the fight.

Overall you are doing great. Most of the tips given here are just minor min/max things, so no major changes. Good luck on Rag!

EDIT: Sorry I didn't answer your question. If you are talking about the RSV's you should really ignore them. If its just a minor a DPS swing I would really just stick to what makes you feel comfortable. By all means try a few out if you do old raids or on farm content.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Jmsyqt wrote:I'm also needing a bit of help with gear/dps rotation.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Jmsyqt/advanced ***Fixed***
Will be changing the bracer enchant once I get an upgrade. I don't think the +50 Agi will be worth the gold on 353 bracers at the moment.

Joined a guild starting from 0/7 Firelands together in 25-man and my first log from our.... 1-2 hour Shannox attempt (I know )

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0wk758cclmo1si3m/details/22/?s=9370&e=9844***Fixed***

Currently having mixed thoughts on the opener and whatever follows during the rotation. I use Leafkiller's script and it suggests (after the FC>Stampede) Mangle > Rake > SR. I also get different opinions on forums and other Ferals, something like Mangle > Rake > Shred to 5 CP > Rip > Ravage? I've been using the latter and sticking TF in there before the opening Rip. But after the Ravage I'm not sure if I should spend the 1-2 CP on SR or build up to 5 CP for a FB.

Any advice on gearing and dps rotation would be greatly appreciated!

Here we go, sorry bout that Tinder :D

Hey Jmsyqt. Welcome to the community.

Don't worry about the new post. The only reason I like to have all the gearing and log questions in this thread is that other folks may have some of their questions answered here. I have found that other threads will get pushed off the front page and then the info gets lost. Ok on to the review.

Gearing - The 50 agi enchant shouldn't be to pricy. With the new troll instances dropping maelstrom crystals like candy this enchant it's worth getting it on any bracer that isn't blue. You should make sure that you are using all 3 of your chimera eyes for agaility (you arn't using any right now). Don't forget that a belt buckle will let you get 40 more agi on your belt. You can use a 20agi/20hit gem in your chests blue socket. Agi won't change but you get 20 hit for free. Speaking of hit you are almost 200 over the hit cap (961). I would go have a look at wowreforge.com to help you figure out how to get below that cap because that is 200 stats that are wasted. Gear looks good, but I would recomend running Lost City for Tia's Grace which is much better then the Key.

Shannox - You are lining up TF and Berserk (and pot) every time which is good. If you can at the start of fight try and get Faire Fire up on both dogs as well as shannox. That will help get the dogs lower while you work on Shannox. Try and get get your rake up time a little higher. One of the biggest things a raiding feral needs to do is to stay calm and pool energy to make sure you can keep all of your bleeds up as much as possible. Its ok to skip a few shreds to make sure that you arn't going to let rake or rip fall off. If you find shannox gets out of range don't forget you can FC back into rage for a cheap combo point (on shannox himself).

To your question I like the suggestions that Leaf's script provides. This ensures that your Rip, Rake(first refresh) and Ravage are all going to be buffed by TF which is a nice boost (even better if you pre pot). So thats my preference.

Postby exkape » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:45 am

ok, so I want to come back to basics and improve my overall damage output.
currently working on heroic rag, and wanted to get a hand with logs. reforging im pretty happy with at the moment.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-amlyp8npmpilqj75/
please ignore the normal attempts, was mostly practising our strat.
in comparison to the other feral, hes doing alot more than I am, partially because of H flame scythe
here is my character as well.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... e/advanced

thanks very much in advance

Honored

Postby Rarge » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:34 pm

exkape wrote:ok, so I want to come back to basics and improve my overall damage output.
currently working on heroic rag, and wanted to get a hand with logs. reforging im pretty happy with at the moment.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-amlyp8npmpilqj75/
please ignore the normal attempts, was mostly practising our strat.
in comparison to the other feral, hes doing alot more than I am, partially because of H flame scythe
here is my character as well.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... e/advanced

thanks very much in advance

Hey, just scanning through the longer logs, the other feral's bleed uptime is a lot higher and he's getting more Ferocious Bites off too.

Using this one as an example: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a ... 84&e=12358

Gimpmonkey:
Rip up time: 72%
Rake up time: 84.5%
Ferocious Bites: 10

Exkape:
Rip up time: 59%
Rake up time: 64.1%
Ferocious Bites: 3

Whilst the Ferocious Bites wouldn't be a significant DPS loss, the bleed up times would be.

This seemed to be a common occurrence in the logs I looked at; your bleed up times being less than Gimpmonkey's. I do not know much about the Heroic Rag fight so whether you're having low bleed up times due to fight mechanics or not I cannot say but it's something to think about :)

[Edit] Oops sorry I just realised I was looking at normal logs.

Postby exkape » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:43 pm

normal logs i was mostly sitting around not doing much because i during p2 we where trying to keep him in the phase without transitioning him "too soon", so was pretty much alot more autoswinging.
ok, so he must have got off about 2 beserking then, cause i think in the first beserking you can only really get off 3 FB's while keeping everything up, provided hes doing 5cp.
this one is more of a just stand there and hit the boss. log. try using this 2 please.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a ... 972&e=5175
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a ... 417&e=6617

[edit]
ok so tonight (monday 22) got alot better with dps, couldnt really compare to other feral however because he was boomy tonight. but at the end of phase 1 i was sitting at about 27-30k dps with only being able to get out 1 beserk before he transitioned.

Postby Frosts » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Hello guys, i recently switched on my druid after healing for the whole fireland content due to comp needs. I've been reading up on feral and i've got the priority list right (although i still need to practice it). One thing is still bugging me and its the RSV. I've been in my first fireland group yesterday and i got lucky with loot replacing my weapon and getting the 4p tier 12. now im about to start reforging. So far i was using rawr to help me out maximize every and its still prioritize mastery first then haste. On the forums and after some "armorying" i found out that a lot of druids were going hit/exp caps. I tried capping those stats and i like the feeling so far of not having the miss/dodge/parry on a 5cp rip before switching targets. But what should i aim for after those caps, haste or mastery? I am currently raiding reg content and we are still working on rag. I feel like i should be doing more dps than i am right now so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
At the time when i logged this i didnt have my current gear and was at 364ilevel - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-291hr164vb5wqw7b/
My current gear is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced but i havent started to reforge my new gear because im kinda lost with all that.

Postby Siimba » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:55 am

I haven't been able to get MEW to work , so if you would please run me char through to tell me what would be the best to have more haste or the mastery . Thanks

Sincerely Siimba

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... mba/simple

Postby monxide » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:05 am

Hi there again : ) Wanted to ask about my few recent logs and my performance.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fzmqx3vb ... 392&e=8022 H. Alysrazor
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/nnksiqbp ... 614&e=2116 H. Majordome
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fzmqx3vb ... 200&e=9392 N. Baleroc

armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/% ... %82/simple

Not sure if the numbers i put out is good enough for my gear. Help plox once again, reforge advices and trinket setups would be highly appreciated :3

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:08 pm

To everyone who has posted...Frost, Siimba, Monxide. I am pretty busy these last few days. You haven't gone un noticed and I will get a reply out today. It just maybe later this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Frosts wrote:Hello guys, i recently switched on my druid after healing for the whole fireland content due to comp needs. I've been reading up on feral and i've got the priority list right (although i still need to practice it). One thing is still bugging me and its the RSV. I've been in my first fireland group yesterday and i got lucky with loot replacing my weapon and getting the 4p tier 12. now im about to start reforging. So far i was using rawr to help me out maximize every and its still prioritize mastery first then haste. On the forums and after some "armorying" i found out that a lot of druids were going hit/exp caps. I tried capping those stats and i like the feeling so far of not having the miss/dodge/parry on a 5cp rip before switching targets. But what should i aim for after those caps, haste or mastery? I am currently raiding reg content and we are still working on rag. I feel like i should be doing more dps than i am right now so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
At the time when i logged this i didnt have my current gear and was at 364ilevel - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-291hr164vb5wqw7b/
My current gear is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced but i havent started to reforge my new gear because im kinda lost with all that.

Hi Frosts. Welcome to the community.
First on congrats on the Rag kill! Now onto the review.

Your gear gemming and spec look fine. With the recent nerf to Unheeded Warning I would try and get a replacement for. The Ancient Petrified Seed isn't a bad choice if you can remember to use the proc off cooldown.
The answer about the reforging question is it doesn't really matter a whole log. Haste builds vs Mastery builds are very close together overall. There are some fights that favor Haste and some that favor Mastery but going either way won't make a huge difference overall.

Fight mechanics I have a few suggestions:

Overall - In general you need to try and make your cooldown use more consistant. You used TF, Berserk, and 2 Tol'vir potions but are inconsistent with how you use them. Sometimes you lined all 3 up, sometimes they were all over the place. I like to have 4 keybinds to help out managing this (I added a spot for seed incase you pick one up):
1. Potion keybind - This is for Prepotting.
2. TF/Seed macro - This will be the button you push every 30 seconds for TF. Every other TF you get your seed on use as a bonus. I would HIGHLY recommend that you have cooldown timers running. If you don't hit TF exactly as soon as it comes off cooldown (like say if you had 80 energy still) the Seed cooldown will be a little out of sync. Just make sure you pay attention and it will kick ass for you once a minute.
3. TF/Seed/Berserk macro - You use this at the pull and every 3 minutes for maximum effect. See above to make sure you hold till everything is ready.
4. TF/Seed/Berserk/Pot Macro - I usually take the above macro and add a modifier key so if I hit the macro while pressing it I will use my second pot as well.
Try to use your second potion during a high burn phase. I like to save it for sub 25%.

Baleroc - You had decent uptimes on your bleeds and almost 100% on FF. You could use a bit more Savage Roar uptime though (only 84%). I know some of it was lost when you died, but you took almost 20 seconds to get it going at the start of the fight. You need to use your Barkskin and SI more efficiently. Both last for 12 seconds. It looked like you weren’t holding one for more than 10 seconds any way. Hit Barkskin right away when you start soaking and you will have damage reduction for the whole duration. Remember as soon as you aren’t soaking the Crystal you aren’t taking damage so any damage reduction after you are finished is just wasted. If you like when you have SI up you can hold the Crystal till 18 with no issue by just waiting to hit both Barkskin and SI at 7 stacks and they will last till 19 stacks (get out before then). Remember the higher stacks you have the faster the healer healing you builds their own stacks.

Shannox - Even though you are killing Rageface here to start you should still double pot. Damage is damage so might as well make use of this. When you start on heroic next week you won't be killing any of the dogs so feel free to open with wit a Prepot and get TF and Berserk going quick then save the second go for the sub 25% (just like you did this week).

Beth - I hate this fight. You did a good job on her keeping bleeds and uptime. I would recommend that next week you push back your Berserk/pot/TF 30 more seconds to make sure you get at her when she is below 25%. Don't worry to much about getting rake or FF up on the spinners as they die to fast to make it worth it. Just make sure you keep auto attacks going to get you OOC procs for swipe.

Aly - Even worse then Beth unless you get to fly. You did great with interrupts and doing multi doting on the hatchlings/blazing talons. Not much to say here.

Staghelm - Very consistent bleed up time. Very pro that you kept it up when having to run out for seeds. Nice on getting FF off on the adds as well. You shouldn't have to mangle them though as they are going to die so fast with all your melee on them. If you just did a finishing move on Staghelm before the leap go ahead and rake/sr on the add, but otherwise no point in wasting combo points. There was one spot were everything stopped for a while. Do you know what happened?

Overall you are doing a good job. The above suggestions are only minor refinements that will help out but won't make or break your game. Keep it up and good luck on heroics.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Siimba wrote:I haven't been able to get MEW to work , so if you would please run me char through to tell me what would be the best to have more haste or the mastery . Thanks

Sincerely Siimba

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... mba/simple

What type if troubles are you having with Mew? It's very simple to import your character and the documentation is pretty detailed. Let me know the issues you have and perhaps we can unblock you.

Postby Siimba » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Hello Tinderhoof, I'm sorry I wasn't to specific basically errors kept popping up before I could finish putting in my paramaters n what not . I was using the browser Google Chrome, Now today I figured I might try another . Using Safari I found that it actually let me finish setting up everything but the one thing im not sure about is "Random Rng Seeding" if you could please explain to me what that exactly means it would be great :)

Sincerely Siimba

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:00 pm

monxide wrote:Hi there again : ) Wanted to ask about my few recent logs and my performance.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fzmqx3vb ... 392&e=8022 H. Alysrazor
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/nnksiqbp ... 614&e=2116 H. Majordome
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fzmqx3vb ... 200&e=9392 N. Baleroc

armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/% ... %82/simple

Not sure if the numbers i put out is good enough for my gear. Help plox once again, reforge advices and trinket setups would be highly appreciated :3

I would totally blame PAX if I could here. I am just a forgetful kitty this weekend. Sorry for the delay. I also blame that I can't read Russian so it takes a little longer.

The good news is you are doing fantastic. Only minor quibbles for each fight.

Baleroc - I know you had him to just under 3 minutes but you still could have squeezed at leaste a few seconds of a second berserk to go with your second pot. It can make a real damage difference even for just 10 seconds.

Staghelm - Fantastic uptime on both Rake and Rip for him being in cat as often as he is. The only issue is you didn't use Berserk at the start of the fight. As a result it missed every on use of the Seed trinket. That will make a huge difference. Don't delay Berserk at the start like that so your cooldowns keep lining up.

Aly - Same thing here as above. You might have to delay using the seet a little so you can have it up for the 50% more damage done phases. Both times she was down you wern't able to use your seed with Berserk.

All minor things, you are doing great.
-Tinder

Postby Cowwface » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:44 pm

Hey tinder its Bull from the guild :D

I just have a few questions about my kitty druid im running right now
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ace/simple
Right now im running a haste build with no hit/exp and ive tried crit builds with and without hit/exp and i cant seem to rise above a 18k-20k DPS hump....
My dot times are usually 90%+ (sadly i dont have any logs atm but ill upload sum as soon as we do sum new raiding)
I wanna know wat ur opinion is about my gear and stats and wat i should do to push out about this hump

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS