Register

will scratch for help

Face-rippin fun.

will scratch for help

Postby Warscreamer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:53 am

Hello fellow druids, I would like to ask for help.
I'm a double feral druid with DPS spec as main.

Here you can find my armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... r/advanced
Here is combatlog from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r7ns1zrny37r64c9/ (only update is VP ring I get after the raid)
edit: log from today: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2etgfqqc72vfn2o2/

Why Im asking for help.
I want to kill stuff faster and more efficient. I would like to see my character ranked in every log and reduce our silly mage to food provider position ;)
Could you verify my gear/reforging (last evening I dropped haste for more crit), rotation? Maybe you will have any suggestion?

Kind regards,
War
Last edited by Warscreamer on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: will scratch for help

Postby exkape » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:31 am

reforging:
you want to be stacking haste as much as possible after you are hit/exp capped.
so hit (8%) and expertise (26) >haste>others (pretty much all equal). this is only because you have the 4t12 piece which makes haste one of the more preferred stat. (reforge away from crit imo)

not sure if you are, make sure you are prepotting.
other than that, i cant really read logs all that well.
doing good though

Postby Warscreamer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:57 am

Apologies if that was explained five times before,
but why T12p4 makes haste better than haste?

In my own logic, crit was better because: crit -> double CP -> more CP -> finishing move sooner -> proc.

Postby exkape » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:36 am

I think its mostly because of the 4t12 bonus, where it encourages people to be using FB instead of the endless shred spam that was in bwd/bot.
nts how exactly you are supposed to use it to the best yet, think its like rip/SR/FB when u have 5 CP to extend the duration of beserk when its up.
might be wrong but thats the impression i got from it

Postby Jmsyqt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm also needing a bit of help with gear/dps rotation.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... t/advanced
Will be changing the bracer enchant once I get an upgrade. I don't think the +50 Agi will be worth the gold on 353 bracers at the moment.

Joined a guild starting from 0/7 Firelands together in 25-man and my first log from our.... 1-2 hour Shannox attempt (I know :?)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0wk7 ... 370&e=9844

Currently having mixed thoughts on the opener and whatever follows during the rotation. I use Leafkiller's script and it suggests (after the FC>Stampede) Mangle > Rake > SR. I also get different opinions on forums and other Ferals, something like Mangle > Rake > Shred to 5 CP > Rip > Ravage? I've been using the latter and sticking TF in there before the opening Rip. But after the Ravage I'm not sure if I should spend the 1-2 CP on SR or build up to 5 CP for a FB.

Any advice on gearing and dps rotation would be greatly appreciated!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Hey guys. We have a thread for just these kinds of questions. Have a look at the Let's talk about logs (Gearing and Execution advise) sticky. You can just copy your posts in there and I will be happy to go through em for you. Thanks
-Tinder

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:02 am

Haste is better with 4pT12 I think because Haste increases your energy regen, and since Berserk lasts extra long with the bonus, more haste = more energy = more attacks.

Honored

Postby Toro » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 am

As Warscreamer asked a few posts into this thread, I'll chuck in some input, which I hope doesn't make things more confusing.

My general understanding about haste outweighing other stats came only after hitting hit/expertise caps, which allow the most possible extensions of Berserk via T12-4pc; the haste, as Shinryu said, gives slightly more energy regen, which allows more abilities during the Berserk duration. I simmed a bit with different things, and albeit people say "it's the best" I've not honestly noticed more than about a 500 dps increase, theoretically. Using it... add swaps when you only get in a few hits, no bleed dmg, etc... I'm more for suggesting it to others.

Simming the average, after hitting exp/hit caps with my current gear, was around 28.1k for both mastery, 28.5k for haste, and 28.0k for crit, presenting an average dps of 28.2k. The sigma for any of those ranged from 480-550 dps, so, let's just lowball the average at 500dps. All of those simmed averages fall within the standard deviation.

Haste was more significant on a straight tank and spank due to always in contact with target (gogo more white dmg), increased chance of procs per minute buffs/debuffs/spells, and increased energy regen. The scaling on energy regen is kind of extremely shitty, so the first two are the big points I'd take from this. The 4pc of T12 just pushed it up a little bit more, due to what was already stated in the first real paragraph in this post.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 pm

the haste, as Shinryu said, gives slightly more energy regen, which allows more abilities during the Berserk duration

I have seen this mentioned a few times and I have to tell you it's not really true. Supposing you reach the 11 energy per second level (10% haste) you will generate 33 extra energy with a 33 second berserk (assuming you exteneded it 4 times). That is enough for a total of 1 shred or 2 or any other ability.

However with current gear it is pretty hard to hit 10% haste (1282 haste rating) and still make the hit/exp caps. You really need a lot of Heroic gear to be able to come close to both of these. If you miss/dodge just once it wipes out any gain that extra energery would have gained you during berserk. Sure you get the energy refund, but not the GCD.

Haste was more significant on a straight tank and spank due to always in contact with target (gogo more white dmg), increased chance of procs per minute buffs/debuffs/spells, and increased energy regen.

In any haste discussion this is what is really what you should be focusing on. You will get more white attacks and as a result a higher chance at OOC procs. Your trinkets may proc slightly sooner, but only by a second or two. You won't get more procs total during the fight.

Honored

Postby Toro » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:42 pm

@Tinder: I should have specified what I meant by ppm procs, ie OOC and Fury Swipes... tah dah, I specified. lol

I stated "slight increase to energy regen" and explained why in the last paragraph, that the scaling is shit. I think I was at 38% energy with procs up last night, which was 14.74 energy/s, 22% haste was 12.34energy/s, and my base 10.93 energy/s with my 1311 haste rating... (all numbers given are based on memory, so they tenths and hundredths places are probably wrong, but it gives the general idea of the amount of haste needed for 1 energy/s).

The only thing I'm not sure about, when telling you about all this haste, is how the decimal places are treated. 10.96 energy/s vs 11.14 energy/s... is that 10 and 11 energy/s, respectively, or do the fractions get tallied every so many seconds? All I've been able to do is take energy gained and fight duration, from recount, and do some rough calculations, assuming 100% uptime and never capping energy.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Toro wrote:@Tinder: I should have specified what I meant by ppm procs, ie OOC and Fury Swipes... tah dah, I specified. lol

I stated "slight increase to energy regen" and explained why in the last paragraph, that the scaling is shit. I think I was at 38% energy with procs up last night, which was 14.74 energy/s, 22% haste was 12.34energy/s, and my base 10.93 energy/s with my 1311 haste rating... (all numbers given are based on memory, so they tenths and hundredths places are probably wrong, but it gives the general idea of the amount of haste needed for 1 energy/s).

The only thing I'm not sure about, when telling you about all this haste, is how the decimal places are treated. 10.96 energy/s vs 11.14 energy/s... is that 10 and 11 energy/s, respectively, or do the fractions get tallied every so many seconds? All I've been able to do is take energy gained and fight duration, from recount, and do some rough calculations, assuming 100% uptime and never capping energy.

Based on the fact that several of our ablities under berserk require a .5 energy attached at the end I am sure that we are getting energy faster even if we don't get to that magic number of 11 energy a second. I just don't know how they are rounding.

Return to Kitty DPS