Register

Debuff on Shannox tanking hm

Observe my Growling Bear style. I block blows...with my FACE.

Debuff on Shannox tanking hm

Postby vita » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 am

Just a question, cause I'm not sure if I miss something. The only way for the tank of Shannox hm to reset his debuff is to be lucky on dodge isn't it ? Maximising dodge gear + trinket and hope for , is it ?

Honored

Re: Debuff on Shannox tanking hm

Postby mekell » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:30 am

There is some very good info on how this mechanic works in the raid strategies forum.

However, with that said, shannox can only apply the debuff when he has his spear. Every 30 seconds or so, he throws his spear, during which time he cannot apply the debuff to the tank until riplimb returns the spear to him. Kite the boss away from riplimb when hes returning the spear (or alternatively, trap riplimb in a crystal trap) to give yourself some extra time to let the debuff fall off.

Postby vita » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:47 pm

I agree on the things written in the raid strategy section, but all the talking is about normal mode for what I see.

In HM there is a short extra duration of the debuff I believe, and in any video of hm I've seen, as well as in our tries, the shannox tank does'nt lose his stacks, as perfect being the trapping and kitting of Riplimb. (Rip tank can destack his and the add debuff, that's good)

Do some of you really manage to do it that way ?

Sorry to re-ask :oops:

Honored

Postby mekell » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 am

I apologize, i didnt realize you were talking about HM. Im afraid i cannot be of help, my guild isn't doing HM's yet.

Honored

Postby Toro » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Let me try to explain this as best I can, as I'm the "safety" for this.

Riplimb is the closest companion to Shannox, and Rageface... rages.

The only change "big" change from normal is the lack of enrage at 30% of Shannox health, when dogs are up, as they get a huge buff on normal and rape everyone's anus.

The common change on heroic versions is increased damage.

This thing to note here, for the tanks, is that each stack of the debuff (going to refer to it as "the debuff" on account of my forgetting if it's called Rip Flesh or not) does more damage, it so that stacks must be reset EVERY SPEAR THROW.

There are a few ways to help do this... arcane mage throwing a slow as the spear is thrown, only useful if there is no crystal prism trap (got eaten by a player or someone was retarded enough to disarm it). This is where my safety comes in... a daze can stack with the slow, so a cat feral charging helps slow Riplimb even more, for the duration of daze. My ideal is that I stampeding roar the tank/melee, then charge, to help the kite.

It is not an attack that can be dodged or parried, to my understanding. We have a pally tank Shannox, typically, so I'm including lack of parry.

The Riplimb tank needs to make sure they're using the traps appropriately, not letting him eat immolation trap, as well as making sure that, on heroic, that the Rageface tank is getting some crystal prism traps to reset his stacks... getting tanks lifegripped away and whatnot is helpful to reset the stacks.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Postby vita » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks for advise.
Eventually we got him down two times with a pallytank being priest-bubbled to straff faster. Run so quick I was wondering to wear pvp stuff for the movement boost to keep in contact on the longs kites. :lol:

Honored

Postby Toro » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Bear tank with 4pc is recommended in one of the videos I watched, I think it was from TankSpot... alas, Body and Soul or Leap of Faith is recommended (Holy with B&S gives B&S when they lifegrip), depending on if the 1.5min CD is up on lifegrip.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Postby Aratama » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 am

Honestly getting rid of the stacks is not so hard to get rid of as I've done so as feral tank, you need to be on edge for that fight obviously, you don't want to move too early when riplimb returns with the spear, you want to wait for him to start running to you, the last bit he may actually leap and that's a factor for you to know that you need to move it ASAP kiting the boss in the backer room or in a half circle around the raid without killing melee so having a mic is pref if you are going to turn him.

The kiting itself takes practice of course but it's fairly simple once you get the hang of it, during the kiting you also may want to pop a small CD for dmg reduction while you run, If you have a holy priest its divine with that starter healing run speed <3 .

(note early kiting will result in tank smashed and dead, too late will have you refresh CD and can kill you if you don't use an appropriate CD)

Return to Bear Tanking