Register

WoL Double Dmg

This and that.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

WoL Double Dmg

Postby Toro » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:59 pm

So, I've done lots of work checking logs and whatnot over the years, and what I'm extremely curious of is the following:
Do people edit their logs or is it a bug when they get double damage?

Specifically, I reported someone's logs, which are now pending deletion from the WoL server ( http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/67861/ ) where, on an 8 minute fight, comparing directly to my guild's 6.5 minute fights of myself to their feral who was listed as the #1 dps (Or was... looks like it got fixed); he had about 3 times the number of ticks on bleeds, yes, he multi-dotted when he could on Rageface (from the damage taken on Rageface, it looks like two rips and 2 rakes, considering his average tick/crit damage and crit rates), but all of the other abilities used were more than double that possible to do. Assuming every 1s an ability was used, the druid did 175% of the total GCDs possible.

I'm not curious how to do it, that's not cool, I'm wondering, "how does this happen?" I emailed the WoL people who have yet to respond, though, I linked them the log in question, as well as mine, so they could see what I was talking about.

All I can think is that, similar to the bug I get on Recount, it doubles everything my log says, if I don't have it synced. Is that even possible with the Blizzard combat logs? Alas, the only other way I can think of it being done, as the logs in question that I've seen have later upload dates than date done, is that it was physically edited.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Site Admin

Re: WoL Double Dmg

Postby Alaron » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:18 pm

I've seen this happen occasionally where multiple people have live logging enabled.

Honored

Postby Toro » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I've seen it from multipe people logging, but I've also seen it from one person uploading... and at that, those updates have been spotty, as well as few and far between, despite their raid schedule, so I'd be more inclined to believe it was edited in the latter.

The only issue I've consistantly seen from multi-live logs is different rankings for people in either log... Ranking 36th and 28th on the same fight, depending on which you look at... lol
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:05 pm

That could have to do with a few things, the vast differences in damage done/rankings, since the Combat Log has a range to it, if one person had lagged out slightly, or even having restrictions on what was reported to the combat log, as I do believe you can set the combat log to only report certain things.

Return to General Discussion