Register

4.0.1/Cataclysm Feral DPS guide

Face-rippin fun.
Site Admin

4.0.1/Cataclysm Feral DPS guide

Postby Alaron » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:35 pm

4.0.1/Cataclysm Feral DPS guide located on the blog here.

Please post anything that I messed up/forgot, and I'll try to fix it ASAP.

Re: 4.0.1/Cataclysm Feral DPS guide

Postby Lax » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:17 pm

I see you fixed the fonts and glyph headers fast :)

Very nice summary of the discussions here and on the EJ forums. Easy read and understood.

I only have 1 small thing that bothered me about the text.
Some advanced players may insist on running out of combat and charging back in every time Feral Charge comes off cooldown

I think it should say something else than "out of combat". It could be misleading.

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm

A quick question about the values for haste. In the appendix did you swap the values for 25 man heroic vs. normal gear? Normal gear had a higher value then heroic.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:03 pm

@GM, @Lax;

Good catches. Both fixed.
(not sure what I did with fonts, but apparently it worked.) I really need to sit down and figure out CSS better.

Postby Rahl » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:37 am

Hi,

Just a quick one.
You forgot to mention that we can carry over CP's from dead enemies that allow us to SR just before the start of a fight.

Stuff that i would love to know about it tho..

-How long do we have before we loose this ability. (Loose the CPs rather than a nerf from blizz ;) There does seem to be some sort of time limit to it.
-Is there a way to track them? As when i click on a new enemy i have no idea how many CPs im carrying over. (memory going getting older)
-If not don't you think that would be a great idea for a druid addon?

Thanks

Postby tbot » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:03 pm

so far as I know, the only ability combo points on dead enemies can be used for is savage roar. Normal range rules apply.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 am

Leaving some combo points on the target dummy, going to the innkeeper, then check the AH, and then back to the dummies and the CPs were still there :P Tho to use SR you'll have to be in a 100yard range of the target with CPs.

Postby Silver100 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Thank you for taking the time to put this guide together. I have a question about the addon section. I have been using CTBarmod to to allow me to change the size, location and number of bars that are displayed. Evidently their actionbar is now broken for druids and may not ever work right. Do you use the Blizzard actionbar, class bar etc. or do you have another addon that is working for you? Thanks again for your time and trouble.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:23 am

What's the reasoning behind glyph of faerie fire being mandatory?

Postby Vasagore » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Great guide, and blog all together, been a long time reader, and now registered to post a question/observation.

I noticed that in the dps guide, you have crit rated over haste:

Relative Stat Values

Crit .76
Haste .72

In the DPS gear list however, you refer to these numbers as the base for your gear rating:

Haste: .82
Crit: .75

So my question is ofcourse, which are actually the correct ones, as it completely turns the table in regards to reforging, since whichever stat is the lesser, will be the one reforged on many pieces.

Perhaps update whichever of the two blog posts that have incorrect numbers :)

Thanks again for a great blog ;)
Vas

Postby Kestrel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Thank you so much for a wonderful guide. It has really helped me make the switch from resto main to kitty. I have learned so much from your site and am having a blast with my kitty at 85. So much fun to be using all of our abilities in these level 85 dungeons! I just hit the heroic ilevel req yesterday so looking forward to trying some heroics now too.

I have one question that I wanted to be sure I understood before I go and start reforging, gemming, enchanting, etc.

"Unlike most other classes, hit/expertise is a weak stat for us, since we are refunded energy when an attack is missed/dodged."

"Reforge first hit or expertise, then haste, then crit to mastery on all pieces."

So does this really mean we should NOT be trying to hit 8% hit? That it's ok to have less than that or even zero? We should first pick hit/expertise to reforge?

Just wanted to be sure, it definitely is a change from my other toons :)

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:50 pm

As for reforging you basically reforge haste to mastery. If mastery is on the item then reforge haste to crit unless you are crit capped. In that case refore haste to expertise unless you are capped there. Finally refore haste to hit. So far I haven't seen many items that didn't have haste or mastery on them. So it will be rare when you have a hit/crit item. If you want you can reforge the larger of the two to mastery. Hope this helps clarify things a little bit.

Postby Matekoni » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:31 pm

That's not quite true. At this point (level 85 blues) you probably should not be reforging to expertise or hit since haste is better than both of them (see guide). If haste is better than crit for your particular setup (would need to enter it into a simulator such as mew) and the item has haste and mastery on it then don't reforge it.

Maybe hit and expertise will become more important at higher gear levels, but for now they look to be the worst stats.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:29 pm

I think you missed Mongo's point. He was saying that you should reforge to mastery first, and if you can't then do crit "until you reach the cap". He was only giving the order of reforging till you hit a cap, then what to do next, not that he was expecting us to do that now.

Postby Aragorth » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Can u explain why FFF is mandatory as a glyph?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:27 am

There really isn't anything better. Having more range on FFF is very helpful in raids as you can hit a new add before you are in FC range so you don't waste an extra second waiting for the GCD to let you charge. It's also nice when farming for stuff to pull from a longer distance. So of all the junk we have nothing else is going to improve dps other then perhaps the feral charge glyph.

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:12 pm

When I suggested reforging haste to expertise this was based on older RAWR numbers where expertise was .02 higher then haste. They changed the weights were haste is now higher then expertise/hit due to OOC procs I guess.

But in the near future things may change once again. To tell the truth I only reforge to mastery as a cat and dodge as a bear. I really don't think the couple of points in the other stuff will result in any big changes. RNG will most likely be a bigger impact then reforging haste/expertise/crit/hit to one of the other items outside of mastery.

Return to Kitty DPS