Register

Neg stat value in Mew after reforge

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Neg stat value in Mew after reforge

Postby Kz2329 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey,

I recently got my 4pc, checked Mew and haste was slightly ahead of other stats. However when I reforged crit and mastery to get hit/exp capped and the remainder to haste, Mew is now showing Haste value as a neg value...not sure why is that...I have a few heroic pieces and reg weapon.

Revered

Re: Neg stat value in Mew after reforge

Postby Qbear » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Well that's the thing about relative stat values, they're all relative to the stats you currently have.

To find out what's best requires numerous hours of testing against many different gear sets. I don't do these test; however, the people on this site and sites like this one have determined haste at higher gear levels to pull slightly ahead of the other stats.

However, with the very few amount of attempts I have placed onto heroic Rag I just can't help but think that mastery would pull ahead simply due to mechanics in P2 which is as far as I've seen on this encounter.

I'm trying a haste build currently to see how it "feels" to me. Just keep in mind feral's aren't like hunters or casters with a very clear defined way of reforging. In the end reforging still grants you very little dps gains compared to other aspects of the class.

Just find the reforging build that you like the best and own it, once you master that you'll get the rankings your after.

If you need an example of what I mean just check out the top 10 feral parses for heroic baleroc. There's haste/mastery, hit,exp/haste, hit,exp/mastery, even a hit/mastery build. Reforgen is a fickle son of a.... well u know what I mean.

Postby Kz2329 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Well, we are working on hm Majordomo this week, so not sure which stat would be the better one, also I just ran Simcraft and it still shows haste ahead of other stats after reforge, not sure how it agrees with the neg value in Mew. I'll test it tonight and see, probably the difference is minimal.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:34 pm

Kz2329 wrote:Well, we are working on hm Majordomo this week, so not sure which stat would be the better one, also I just ran Simcraft and it still shows haste ahead of other stats after reforge, not sure how it agrees with the neg value in Mew. I'll test it tonight and see, probably the difference is minimal.

Are you running a Patchwerk script, or did you format one that is most like the Majordomo encounter. Also, do you understand how RSVs work?

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:43 am

It's impossible for haste to actually have a negative value - that's an anomaly with the program.

Postby Kz2329 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:It's impossible for haste to actually have a negative value - that's an anomaly with the program.

yep, must be an anomaly or some sort of bug. Today I just re run it with the same gear and it's now showing positive haste well ahead of other stats.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Kz2329 wrote:
Stenhaldi wrote:It's impossible for haste to actually have a negative value - that's an anomaly with the program.

yep, must be an anomaly or some sort of bug. Today I just re run it with the same gear and it's now showing positive haste well ahead of other stats.

Either you have a bugged Mew or you are most definitely using a Patchwerk Script.

Postby Kz2329 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:27 am

well I'm not using any scripts in Mew, the version I have is 20110803.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:55 am

Kz2329 wrote:well I'm not using any scripts in Mew, the version I have is 20110803.

Therefore you are using the default script, which is Patchwerk, which heavily favors Haste right now.

Return to Kitty DPS