Register

Lets talk HASTE

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Lets talk HASTE

Postby Marjorie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:04 am

I love Qbear he's the bestest

Edited by Q: Stop posting your links.
Last edited by Marjorie on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Re: Lets talk HASTE

Postby Qbear » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 am

Let's not talk haste, we've talked haste. To death.

If you wish to find out more about please scroll down through this forum. Trust me after a simple 20 minutes of reading you'll never want to talk haste again.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:01 am

Obvious spam bot is obvious.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Woah he edited his links in after his first post these guys r gettin tricky

Postby BoldTM » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:55 am

@QBear: What topic are you reffering to?Tried to search for hast and caps but the the engine dont let me.

I am looking for caps for Haste, they should exists. Someone mentiones a cap at energy regen is at 11. I dont know where to look for that in game.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:53 am

BoldTM wrote:@QBear: What topic are you reffering to?Tried to search for hast and caps but the the engine dont let me.

I am looking for caps for Haste, they should exists. Someone mentiones a cap at energy regen is at 11. I dont know where to look for that in game.

No such thing as haste caps for Cats. Hast only makes our auto attack go faster, and boosts energy regen slightly. Bleeds are not affected so there is no cap.

Someone mentioned that you should haste high enough to reach 11 energy per second regen, however there is no math that says 11 energy per second is the magic number to shoot for. As I have said before and will continue to say, there really is no right answer for the "Reforging" question. The stratagy suggested by the poster in question is viable...just like several other builds will work just as well.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:58 am

Is idiocy contagious now or something? Seems all it needs these days is one moron to say something and that suddenly becomes the next big thing. Pretty bored of the whole haste discussion now, especially now it's moved onto simply plucking arbitrary numbers from nowhere.

There is no haste breakpoints beyond "I could possibly get another shred under berserk" which is entirely meaningless as if you're not hit and expertise capped you won't see the benefit of it anyway. The only way you can truly be capped is by getting the many hundreds of percentage increase you would need to be able to use every single global (protip, you can't reach this point).

Just because someone mentions something he probably made up two seconds earlier doesn't mean you should believe what he says unless he can provide evidence with his working shown in public so that it can be peer reviewed.

As for how to reforge?

Pick a stat, reforge to it, provided it's not spirit.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:59 am

Oh Uncle Floofles says there are haste breakpoints at 8%, 19% and er, 37%. The basis for these is because I say so, plus they're pretty arbitrary. Could even say they give an extra tick on your dots or something if you're using a 6 dot rotation (rake/rip/moonfire/is/lacerate/pounce).

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:48 am

I wanted my cat gear to be "somewhat" useful for bear so I used wowreforge to get my haste as low as possible. Mew suggested that on a patchwerk fight my dps was going to suffer by a catastrophic 130 dps. Needless to say, I did not notice it. My current build is hit/exp capped with crit and mastery valued equally and haste lower (this was what I put into wowreforge). It plays just fine.

Postby BoldTM » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Was not expecting to be called an idiot for asking for the link for the haste discussion. But it seems that i am.

Haste is giving us higher energy rate? If so where is the math behind how much it gives us?

Mew gives me Haste fluctuations that indicates that there are small stage. For me i can see that haste under 1910 then Mew Rates Haste as my best stat, and then 1920 its my worst state. So something gives me 30 more dps by adding 5-10 haste. I just wondered what it is that does that. Also i would think that our energy regen should affect our pooling strategy and also how fast we are getting combopoints. But then i can be misstaken in that regards as well.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:19 pm

BoldTM wrote:Was not expecting to be called an idiot for asking for the link for the haste discussion. But it seems that i am.

Haste is giving us higher energy rate? If so where is the math behind how much it gives us?

Mew gives me Haste fluctuations that indicates that there are small stage. For me i can see that haste under 1910 then Mew Rates Haste as my best stat, and then 1920 its my worst state. So something gives me 30 more dps by adding 5-10 haste. I just wondered what it is that does that. Also i would think that our energy regen should affect our pooling strategy and also how fast we are getting combopoints. But then i can be misstaken in that regards as well.

Here are two posts (in the same thread) that contain the calculations for haste:
viewtopic.php?p=4762#p4762
viewtopic.php?p=4775#p4775

Here is a post by Yawning that discusses the limitations of RSV calculation in Mew: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=324&p=3129&hilit=RSV#p3129

Postby Antioch » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am

BoldTM wrote:Was not expecting to be called an idiot for asking for the link for the haste discussion. But it seems that i am.

Don't take it personally Bold, sometimes people seem to forget that what is second nature to them is not known by everyone. As i've said before on these forums, there is no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid answers. You just gotta recognise and then ignore the stupid answers :) Eventually someone like Leaf will come along and answer your question or at least point you in the right direction.

Return to Kitty DPS