Register

Leafkiller's 4.2 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's 4.2 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:59 pm

The Ovale script is very close to a line by line copy of the Mew rotation (as close as I could get it). One difference is that Mew has no latency or lag, although Ovale (the program, not my script) tries to compensate for that. When you see the script holding off on casting shred, it is pooling energy, which helps deal with situations where multiple things need to be refreshed close together - and the Mew script does the same.

One thing you might check are buffs. If you have more buffs setup in Mew than you do on the raid dummy, you will notice differences - and Shred is a likely place to see it since the script will prioritize the buffs/debuffs.

Postby Kihrawr » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Leafkiller wrote:The Ovale script is very close to a line by line copy of the Mew rotation (as close as I could get it). One difference is that Mew has no latency or lag, although Ovale (the program, not my script) tries to compensate for that. When you see the script holding off on casting shred, it is pooling energy, which helps deal with situations where multiple things need to be refreshed close together - and the Mew script does the same.

One thing you might check are buffs. If you have more buffs setup in Mew than you do on the raid dummy, you will notice differences - and Shred is a likely place to see it since the script will prioritize the buffs/debuffs.

Ok, thanks for the info. That's mainly what I wanted to know... that the code was essentially the same. I'll chalk it up to small sample size or latency.

Postby BoldTM » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:41 am

Is there any gain do try to add logic for 4T12 bonus?

The 4 set bonus is
1 combo point - 20% chance to add 2 sec
2 combo point - 40% chance to add 2 sec
3 combo point - 60% chance to add 2 sec
4 combo point - 80% chance to add 2 sec
5 combo point - 100% chance to add 2 sec

So cant we maximize the start of Berserk and also the end?

So we should i guess try to
1: Be at high energy before Berserking
2: We should be at 5 combo points before Berserking
3: We should to Berserking at 5 points and about to RIP?
4: Close to end of Berserk we should do a finishing move in order to maybe prolong it?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:26 pm

For #1 you should always have TF to use at the same time as Berserk so you will always have enough energy. That way it will also buff your first rip.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:31 pm

The combo point angle would likely increase the dps during Berserk, but it would also delay Berserk (and TF) a little which, depending on fight length, will be a dps loss as you would have to bound the TF/Berserk cast for combo points and make sure energy was low enough to justify the TF. I am pretty skeptical about that being a dps gain. My recommendation would be to play with the Mew script and see what you come up with.

Postby BoldTM » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 am

Regarding Mew: I have downloaded it and i am looking at the cat.script. However if a change things in there and run the report i still get the same values that i have before. Do i need to compile it as well or is that not handled in Mew? I have read the developer guide but is that needed for a script change?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Make sure to load it as a custom script. Best would be to make a copy of the default script and then load that.

Postby BoldTM » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:41 am

Thanks Leaf, was stupid enough not seeing where to load custom script.

So started looking at areas i think could be enhanced and started with RIP and TF.

Code: Select all
// Rip at 5 CP if enemy will live for 3 ticks and Rip has 2sec or less.
   if (cps == 5 && timeToDie >= 6 && (!isRipUp || ripRemaining < 2.0) && (isBerserkUp || ripRemaining <= tigersFuryCD))
      return Action.RIP;

As i see it we dont care about if TF is soon to be used and apply RIP anyways. For me that is something we should do since TF will add 15% to all of our RIP ticks? I tested both the Leaf.mew and my own and i could see dps increase, larger for me then for leaf but still dps gain. However the amount of seconds varied, 3 for leaf and 5 for me. I got a 70 DPS gain but leaf only got 18.

if (cps == 5 && timeToDie >= 6 && (!isRipUp || ripRemaining < 2.0) && (isBerserkUp || 4 <= tigersFuryCD))
      return Action.RIP;

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:04 am

BoldTM wrote:Thanks Leaf, was stupid enough not seeing where to load custom script.

So started looking at areas i think could be enhanced and started with RIP and TF.

if (cps == 5 && timeToDie >= 6 && (!isRipUp || ripRemaining < 2.0) && (isBerserkUp || ripRemaining <= tigersFuryCD))
      return Action.RIP;

As i see it we dont care about if TF is soon to be used and apply RIP anyways. For me that is something we should do since TF will add 15% to all of our RIP ticks? I tested both the Leaf.mew and my own and i could see dps increase, larger for me then for leaf but still dps gain. However the amount of seconds varied, 3 for leaf and 5 for me. I got a 70 DPS gain but leaf only got 18.

if (cps == 5 && timeToDie >= 6 && (!isRipUp || ripRemaining < 2.0) && (isBerserkUp || 4 <= tigersFuryCD))
      return Action.RIP;

In the past I tested a variety of scenarios where I held off refreshing Rip for TF to come off of cooldown and it was never a dps up, but things may have changed. First, some things to make sure of:

Are you using Ancient Petrified Seed as one of your trinkets? Please make sure to test both with and without it since it is syncing to TF and making TF more valuable.

Make sure you have Encounter Duration Randomization (%) set to at least 10%.

Make sure you are using the default Raid buffs (at the top of the Buffs/Debuffs) section.

What fight scenarios did you test with? You can try the three built in options:
"adds"
"valiona"
"atramedes"

You enter the text without the quotes in the "Custom Strategy Arguments" box. This will show how the change works across 4 different fights including the default patchwerk encounter.

Postby BoldTM » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:24 am

I am testing with the LeafExpertiseHit mew profile and also with myself(Bold from Tarren Mill). I have Ancient trinket but will the script synch it with TF by default?

Tested as you suggested and some scenarios it will not be a dps gain but overall it was for both profiles.

Postby BoldTM » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:46 am

There is code for re applying RIP in order to get it TF buffed.

//  * This appears to be a net loss with 4T12, even holding off on it when Berserk is about to come off CD.
//  * A quick check also shows this to be totally DPS neutral in 4T11 setups due to the fact that direct damage was buffed.
//   if (!mHasTier_12_4pc && cps == 5 && timeToDie >= 6 && isTigersFuryUp && !status.isRipTFed())
//      return Action.RIP;

For me it should be a dps boost if we took reapplied the RIP if TF is up. When i removed the // and also the "!mHasTier_12_4p" condition i get a small dps gain.

if (cps == 5 && timeToDie >= 6 && isTigersFuryUp && !status.isRipTFed() && tigersFuryCD <= 26 )
      return Action.RIP;

The dps gain is for both me and the Leaf mew profiles. The "tigersFuryCD <= 26" is my bad coding knowledge. I am trying to make sure that i don't overwrite the RIP until the last second. IE if we hit TF and we have 13 seconds left of the RIP i don't want to refresh it until last second of TF.

TF is buffing physical damage for 15% and we get 10 ticks of RIP during 22 seconds. If we can wait refreshing RIP or overwrite a current RIP we should get a DPS gain as far as i see it. It should be a safe guard before TF and also a minimum rip remaining during the last 2 seconds on TF.

However it seems that the boundaries are quite flexible due to gear and stats

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:54 am

I'm not sure if you noticed, I didn't read through all of your post Bold, but unless Rip has less than 3.3 seconds left, it is a DPS loss to reapply Rip, even while TF is active. So unless its coming down on those last few seconds where you are going to reapply Rip anyways, its not worth it.

That is for TF though, I am unsure of its interaction with the Agi Proc from Ancient Seed and just how much a % Damage increase it will provide, therefore I am unable to provide a refresh limit like the one that is so Cut and Dry from TF.

Postby BoldTM » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:14 pm

In the post above your K i stated that Mew shows my a dps gain if i overwrite a non TF buffed rip when its 2 seconds left of TF. That with the condition that i will not apply RIP if its less then 5 seconds i get a very small, but plus, dps gain.

Postby Ammiel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 pm

What do I need to do if I only want the addon active in bear form, as well as remove the small buttons to the left and right?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Ammiel wrote:What do I need to do if I only want the addon active in bear form, as well as remove the small buttons to the left and right?

You can toggle the small buttons off - it is one of the configurable parameters in the script. If you want to disable the cat portion, you will need to change the code.

Postby Ammiel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Edit: Nevermind I'm really dumb. Didn't see the option to hide empty buttons.
Thanks for the help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I uncheck those boxes the borders on the small boxes are still visible.
I managed to remove all the stuff I don't want to see but the Big rotation box is
visible out of forms and in cat form even though it will never put anything in the
box outside bear form.

If I want to hide it when I am not in bear form what code would I have to add?
If it's even doable.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:03 pm

In the Ovale "Apparence" (sic) tab there is a configuration option "Hide empty buttons"

If you want to disable the cat display you will have to make changes to the Ovale script. I have not built in an option to hide the cat rotation.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:01 pm

Ammiel wrote:What do I need to do if I only want the addon active in bear form, as well as remove the small buttons to the left and right?

Simplest way is to make macros for cat and bear form.

For the bear form macro add a line
/ovale show

For the cat form macro add a line
/ovale hide

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:55 am

Random question time...I just finally got the 4p and I still use the very initial 4.2.1 version of the ovale script (call it lazy or whatever, but I don't do bear and don't go up on Alys, so never saw a reason to update it since that's what it looked like the changes focused on); anyways, does it support the 4p bonus? It didn't seem to recommend as much aggressive CP usage as I'd have thought it would have to keep it running as long as possible...then again it was on rag tonight that I first used it, so I dunno. At any rate, it seems like a rather meh 4p bonus to me regardless.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:07 pm

shinryu wrote:Random question time...I just finally got the 4p and I still use the very initial 4.2.1 version of the ovale script (call it lazy or whatever, but I don't do bear and don't go up on Alys, so never saw a reason to update it since that's what it looked like the changes focused on); anyways, does it support the 4p bonus? It didn't seem to recommend as much aggressive CP usage as I'd have thought it would have to keep it running as long as possible...then again it was on rag tonight that I first used it, so I dunno. At any rate, it seems like a rather meh 4p bonus to me regardless.

Maybe. It iwll only take you about 2 minutes to update the script - more than it took to post here...that would be your safest option...

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
shinryu wrote:Random question time...I just finally got the 4p and I still use the very initial 4.2.1 version of the ovale script (call it lazy or whatever, but I don't do bear and don't go up on Alys, so never saw a reason to update it since that's what it looked like the changes focused on); anyways, does it support the 4p bonus? It didn't seem to recommend as much aggressive CP usage as I'd have thought it would have to keep it running as long as possible...then again it was on rag tonight that I first used it, so I dunno. At any rate, it seems like a rather meh 4p bonus to me regardless.

Maybe. It iwll only take you about 2 minutes to update the script - more than it took to post here...that would be your safest option...

<-- extremely lazy

That and I dislike having to re-align the boxes again to get it just right :lol:

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:58 pm

shinryu wrote:<-- extremely lazy

That and I dislike having to re-align the boxes again to get it just right :lol:

Updating the script shouldn't reset any of the boxes or anything.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Speaking of aggressive FB within the current script, is there a way for me to turn that off, or adjust the threshold? I have found myself short of combo points at times and I'd rather not take that risk anymore.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Grenache wrote:Speaking of aggressive FB within the current script, is there a way for me to turn that off, or adjust the threshold? I have found myself short of combo points at times and I'd rather not take that risk anymore.

Just not follow that suggestion. The window is extremely short.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 am

Konungr wrote:
shinryu wrote:<-- extremely lazy

Updating the script shouldn't reset any of the boxes or anything.

Mine always does for some reason...kinda odd. But yeah, guess I'll stop being lazy and update.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS