Register

Let's talk about logs (Gearing and Execution advise)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Let's talk about logs (Gearing and Execution advise)

Postby Arnathis » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Gotcha, thanks again, gonna start working on that as well. As a followup, i started using that macro the other night and was able to rank on heroic baleroc so it seems to be paying off already.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Cheers man! Glad you are seeing results.

Postby Jmsyqt » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Hey Fluiddruid forums!

I recently just got my T12 chest which makes that 3 pieces currently. I was just wondering which pieces I should be using?

What I have:
T11 Head
T11 Chest
T11 Gloves
T11 Legs

T12 Shoulders
T12 Chest
T12 Gloves

Off-piece: Cinderweb Leggings from Beth'tilac

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... t/advanced

It seems like Rawr wants me to use T12 Shoulders + Gloves with T11 Head + Chest but I was having a bit of lag issues on my browser and it kept crashing when I would swap pieces.

Also, are there any other off-pieces for the next FL raid I should be rolling on with my current gear (such as helm from Rhyolith)? Keep in mind this is all on reg. FL and we do 25-man. I doubt we will be pushing heroics anytime soon.

EDIT: Also, Ancient Petrified Seed was a recent pickup. Would dropping Fluid Death for APS be an upgrade? APS + Hungerer.

Postby Mitty » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:12 am

I would get t12 legs, they are an easy pickup. Roll on Rhyolith's helm, imo.

I can't tell you mathematically which 2 t11 pieces would be superior for your setup, I would just use Beth legs, t12 shoulders, and whatever other t12 piece gives you the stats you prefer (hit/exp caps, mastery or haste).

Postby Azsuregos » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:40 pm

mangle wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:Hi Shifty. Welcome to the community.

You have a good handle on keeping the rotation going. Bleed uptimes are above 90%, you are double potting, and using Berserk as often as possible.

I think the biggest thing that will push you forward is lining up your DPS cooldowns. This won't be as big of an issue now that you just picked up Matrix (gratz by the way). It is really importent that you always line up TF, Berserk and Potions together. In both of the linked fights it seemed like you were just using abilties on cooldown. This can work, but is way more effective if you can go into Berserk with a pot and TF (full energy) before you go crazy. Having everyting line up will take you too that next level.

To be honest it may not be a huge jump. You are putting out pretty good numbers right now. I would also try and grab 4p. Use the helm off Rhyolith until Heroic Rag is on farm. You will be able to have access to the other 4 heroic tokens with ease.

Good luck on Rag.

I'm in the same situation as Shifty (ironically I have some one called Shifty in my raid who used to be a feral), we just started H Rag attempts this week. I'm having problems trying to swipe the adds effectively, our raid leader does not want me to run out and spawn my add in a another location so I can FC into the pack unless I can have a pretty good argument (even then he is a "My way or the highway" mentality)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m7ige0emxz1u3asj/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r4gvwfbkvw6zo4k1/

And on a second note, I want to push 30k+ on normal Rag (palced 13th at 29k parse tonight v_v)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r4gv ... 442&e=4889

Just a little tweak for you (and probably some other ferals ;) ). You skilled primal madness which i think is a bit of an underrated talent, but to make full use of it you have to cancel it everytime you hit 0 energy. This will end up in a 40 energy gain per minute which is namely a free shred.

I know that this requires some practice but in the end it pays off.

(My way to do so:
/cancelaura primal madness
/cast tiger's fury
[i hope i wrote the skills right in english...]
With that you can press the same button for tiger's fury and to cancel primal madness)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Are you sure this still works? I was under the impression that they had hot fixed this to if you cancled the aura you lost the extra energy and energy cap right away.

Postby Azsuregos » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Just tested it. Still looks to work just fine.

Edit:For clarification: You gain 20 current and max energy from primal madness. The hook is it will consume 20 energy after tiger's fury went off or primal madness is canceled. By canceling primal madness on 0 energy it can't consume 20 energy, so you gained 20 and lost 0 (of course this requires perfect execution of canceling but still 15energy is a good gain)

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:46 am

Hi, I haven't posted for a while. I had a several month break but I am back playing and raiding again.

I'm reasonably happy with my dps and it seems to be going in the right direction on most fights as I get to understand the fight mechanics.

I tend to look at the Baleroc fight on Worldoflogs as my main measure though, since I find its the one where the fight mechanics affect me the least and I'm slightly concerned I may be missing a trick. Some weeks back I was managing 26k+ and now, with improved gear, I find myself down on that and around the 25k mark on the last few attempts. I wonder if you can take a look at my most recent log and see if you can spot any potential improvements.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lv0f ... 631&e=8945

For one, I didn't Pot (having tweaked the macro for non raid content I didnt switch it back on). I also think the fight length isn't ideal. I think I had all of the relevant buffs I need (pretty sure we had melee haste though wologs doesnt show that does it?). My uptimes look decent I thought?

One thing I did notice, I had a look at a similarly geared druid ranked high on the fight (albeit with the 391 weapon compared to my 378) and he did almost as many shreds as me in a much shorter fight. He had more clearcasts but that doesnt seem to explain the large difference?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3q6f ... =496&e=727

Anyhoo, any thoughts welcomed to improve my damage.

Postby Azsuregos » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:53 am

Only thing i can discover is that you are missing 20 seconds of savage roar. And close to 10 seconds with your haste procc on which is suboptimal. Everything else looks fine to me (you cant do anything against a bad placed heroism :P).

The other feral you try to compare to isnt as good as you with his CD managament. He just got more DPS because the fight is shorter about 1m 22s which is a lot so his Berserk is more kickin in and he got a lot more clearcasts than you (in a shorter fight this is a huge gain).

In addition he got a better weapon with more DPS which is our best stat. He potted twice and he reforged towards max haste with exp and hit cap which is a better choice on baleroc than the mastery build.

Postby Kata » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 am

Hello fellow Kitty's,

I'm really not used to asking for others opinions (not that I mind them) but I've been curious about my performance as a Kitty.
Right now I'm pushing 26 - 30/31k dps in Firelands on the days my Net doesn't do back flips on me. I'm a forum addict. I'm always
looking for ways to improve my performance, even though I've had to work with bad net recently. I would just like to know how
I can do better than what I'm doing now, I'd like your opinions on anything that you see that I should try to improve on.

My recent logs can be found hither:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5w5wkncvhsu46pbu/details/11/

My character sheet:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Katalac/advanced

Right now, I am going straight haste with 4pc T12 with the small amount of hit/exp from gear after reforging.

Thanks in advance :)

Postby Lolercaust » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Would appreciate some advice on my stat weights and/or rotation i got going down... Right now I am doing in the top 5-10 dps usually in every fight for my raid, but I feel like I am slacking and I should be pulling more dps... I was hoping you guys could give some advice on my glyphing, stat weight, and overall rotation if you notice any problems... Below Ill put some logs and my armory.

I was confused cause simcraft is showing my top dps if i drop all my hit and expertise down and go mastery / haste both around 1800+....

Logs:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iv5fndb0som4cg1h/

Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Lol%C3%ABr/simple

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:24 am

Kata wrote:Hello fellow Kitty's,

I'm really not used to asking for others opinions (not that I mind them) but I've been curious about my performance as a Kitty.
Right now I'm pushing 26 - 30/31k dps in Firelands on the days my Net doesn't do back flips on me. I'm a forum addict. I'm always
looking for ways to improve my performance, even though I've had to work with bad net recently. I would just like to know how
I can do better than what I'm doing now, I'd like your opinions on anything that you see that I should try to improve on.

My recent logs can be found hither:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5w5wkncvhsu46pbu/details/11/

My character sheet:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Katalac/advanced

Right now, I am going straight haste with 4pc T12 with the small amount of hit/exp from gear after reforging.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey Kata. Welcome to the community.

Gear looks fine and reforging works. I do have a suggestion about your spec. Perserverance is a great talent. However you shouldn't take it over Nurturing Instincts. The 10% more healing taken + the bug buff to your tranq is really going you help you and your raid out more then 6% less magic damage taken. If you really want to keep it, you could lose Primal Madness. It's not a huge dps loss here if you really feel you need the survivablity.

Baleroc:
I am not sure what happened during this encounter. From what I see in the log you ended up soaking several crystals. However the second crystal you soaked you still had the tormented buff and it ended up killing you. I am not sure if this was because the current soaker also died and you were close or what not. In any case I highly recomend that every time you soak you use Barkskin and SI (if its available). Your healers will thank you. You are lining up your TF and Berserk which is great. Don't forget to line up your second Pot as well for extra fun.

Staghelm:
You used a lot of Rake on the Spirit of the Flames adds. If its pure dps you are after I would recomend that you only target change and auto attack the adds (swipe if you are about to energy cap). The reason for this is when you are Raking the adds most times they die before the Rake finishes wasting the energy spent. You also lose any combo points that you had up on the boss meaning you had almost 0 uptime with Rip during the cat phase. If you just auto attack the adds you will pool energy and keep combo points for shreds and finishing moves on Staghelm. This strat will only really serve you if the other melee who can target change at will are killing them fast enough. Looking at the damage done I think this shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you check with your raid lead before trying it.

Beth:
I see you get to go up top you lucky kitty you. One thing to try and do before you jump down for smoldering devistation is to refresh Rake. It's cheap and a few more tics never hurts the dps. Also try and do this for the drones. They may be close to death or dead before you come down, but if they arn't at least get a few rakes in. Same as Baleroc you really want to line your TF/Berserk and second pot together for max output.

Rhyolith/Aly are both kind of a mixed bag depending on your job. Its hard to tell what you are suposed to be doing so harder to give direct feed back on the rotation. On Rhyolith it looks like you forgot to use your pot till right before he died so you only got 13 of the 25 seconds worth. Also as before popping it with Berserk/TF will give you the most for your money.

Hope that helps.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:44 am

Lolercaust wrote:Would appreciate some advice on my stat weights and/or rotation i got going down... Right now I am doing in the top 5-10 dps usually in every fight for my raid, but I feel like I am slacking and I should be pulling more dps... I was hoping you guys could give some advice on my glyphing, stat weight, and overall rotation if you notice any problems... Below Ill put some logs and my armory.

I was confused cause simcraft is showing my top dps if i drop all my hit and expertise down and go mastery / haste both around 1800+....

Logs:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iv5fndb0som4cg1h/

Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Lol%C3%ABr/simple

Hi Caust. Welcome to the community.

Gear looks fine as well as enchants. I would replace the 20agi/20hit gem in your gloves with a 40 agi gem. The 20 hit doesn't make up for losing 10 agi. Spec wise looks fine, just one small suggestion. I would take 1 point out of Furor and put it in Preditory Strikes. It's a small DPS increase I know, but Furor doesn't give us very much as we rarely have to shift during combat.

Fight wise its a little hard to tell. Both of the fights you were in (Rag and Beth) are not exactly feral friendly. Can't stress enough the lining of the cooldowns up. You did a pretty good job here, but make sure to use the pot at the same time as TF and Berserk for best results.

Beth: You had Very poor OOC proc rates. Are you auto attacking while swiping? If not I would suggest you macro the start auto attack onto your swipe. Always stay in range of your target so you can get some more free swipes.

Rag: It looks like you pre potted but didn't use your second one.

As for the Simcraft a maxing of Haste and Mastery. Well on a stand still fight like Baleroc it may give you a chance at a higher rate of dps. However bad miss strings can cause bleeds to drop off at the wrong times. This is much worse on any fight that has target switches or time away from the boss. It can also be very successful. It's really up to you to get the feel for how your raid works and figure out what reforging strat works for you. In the end no matter what you go with it won't make a huge difference in either direction.

Hope that helps. Way to late have to sleep now.

Postby Blackfang » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Hey kitties!

I'm a long-time reader but took my sweet time registering to the site. I consider myself pretty familiar with the current cat theorycrafting and stat-weights and the like and had been pretty happy with my performance in our raids so far (10 man heroic). A few days ago our guild killed Baleroc 10 HC and let's just say I'm not happy at all with my performance on that fight, and haven't really been able to put my finger on why my numbers seem so low on that fight. Originally, I put the blame on my having to replace one of my trinkets with the mirror...but later found out I apparently had forgotten to equip that mirror on one of our runbacks (had to tank the trash before the boss).

Was hoping you could help me here and give me a few tips :) Here's the kill log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h ... 915&e=8262 and here's the link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... ang/simple

I realize we didn't have melee haste for that fight (lack of classes that could bring it/our hunter refused to go survival for that fight) but I seriously doubt it would influence my dps so much.

Thanks in advance!

Postby Puna » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:00 am

1)
Trueshot Aura -1-167.7 48.2 % (10% atk)
No might aura recast (10% atk)
No battle shoult (541agi/541str)

You were missing a cruise ship full of attack power.
on top of no haste buff on a kitty stacking haste after hit/exp (btw, its worth a lot)

2) Rip uptime was low at 85.5%, on a fight like bael 92% or more should be obtainable

3)Your fight length was 5:46 seconds long so you didn't get a 3 berserks, but it was close which = bad parse times, thats why you see most parses at 3:30/6:30

4) APS wasn't lined up with your second zerk.

Postby Blackfang » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks for the quick reply Puma. I can't believe how I didn't see we were missing those buffs; I guess I'll go get a raid buffs addon so that this doesn't happen again :/ There's a few things I can improve on though (like Rip uptime), so I'll take your suggestions to heart. Ty a lot :)

Postby Puna » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:06 pm

having an addon that tracks atk power, or even just looking at it before you pull after you die can let you know what your missing. Eventually you'll start to be able to mentally figure out what buffs your missing :D

Postby Blackfang » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Puna wrote:having an addon that tracks atk power, or even just looking at it before you pull after you die can let you know what your missing. Eventually you'll start to be able to mentally figure out what buffs your missing :D

Yeah, I normally glance at my buffs before every pull but I guess I totally forgot that time :/ Guess that's what a night of wiping will do to you :P

Postby Kasprodeth » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 am

Hey firecats,

I Recently started playing my druid for raid comp for heroic rag, had been playing a demo lock, but boomkins are just op on rag. However I enjoy playing feral much more so I've been doing that for all fights that allow it. Since I haven't put a massive amount of time or gear into my druid I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right. I feel like my dps is low, but I'm used to playing a much better geared toon. So just wanted to know if my low dps is because of my gear or if im gearing wrong or executing incorrectly. Here's logs from last nights raid.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oq6fjlkh7fyxdh36/

If you could look at mainly baleroc and shannox, and ignore my badness on rhyolith
Name on there is Styloz btw

Edit: Forgot to put up my character page so you could check out my gear, as a note I hadn't reforged all of the hit and expertise of my pieces when I did the fight

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... loz/simple

Honored

Postby Grenache » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi there - just had a look at your Baleroc parse and man, you have awesome Rip and Rake uptimes which I would kill for. Can I ask how you track that on your UI - i.e use the Leafkiller Ovale script or use another mod?

Postby Kasprodeth » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:15 pm

I track all my dots and whatnot using DroodFocus. Maybe it comes from playing a lock and being anal about dots.
Here's a ui shot if it makes a difference.

http://imgur.com/jmfC0

Honored

Postby Grenache » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Thanks for that. I have a tendency to blindly follow Ovale at times and need to concentrate more on uptimes. I dont see your combo points anywhere though.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Kasprodeth wrote:Hey firecats,

I Recently started playing my druid for raid comp for heroic rag, had been playing a demo lock, but boomkins are just op on rag. However I enjoy playing feral much more so I've been doing that for all fights that allow it. Since I haven't put a massive amount of time or gear into my druid I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right. I feel like my dps is low, but I'm used to playing a much better geared toon. So just wanted to know if my low dps is because of my gear or if im gearing wrong or executing incorrectly. Here's logs from last nights raid.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oq6fjlkh7fyxdh36/

If you could look at mainly baleroc and shannox, and ignore my badness on rhyolith
Name on there is Styloz btw

Edit: Forgot to put up my character page so you could check out my gear, as a note I hadn't reforged all of the hit and expertise of my pieces when I did the fight

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... loz/simple

Hey Kasprodeth. Welcome to the community.

Took at look at gear and logs. In general you got the mechanics down pretty good. Bleed and Savage Roar uptimes are pretty good. I have a few gear suggestions followed by some specifics on the 2 fights you wanted looked at.

Gear:
The name of the feral game is AGI. Agi, agi, agi. Any time you can get more though gems or enchants do it. Currently you have several sub optimal gear enchants that if changed will net you some more agi. Chest, shoulder, and cloak enchants are the cheaper (lower stat) versions. I understand maybe not wanting to big enchant 359 gear if you are doing firelands heroics now, but all 3 are 378. You should really update to the bigger/better versions. You should pick up the 35 agi to boots and 65 mastery to gloves to round out the best enchants. Also don't worry about getting the socket bonus in the T11 pants, just stick 2 40 agi gems in there for a net gain.

Fights:
Shannox - Your Rip uptime suffered a little here. A assume this happens when he is getting dragged around to reset the timer. It's good that you are using your charge and dash/stampeding roars here. When you get more used to the fight as melee you can start getting to know when the tank is going to have to move him and start re applying the bleeds if you think they will fall back off before you can refresh them. Also make sure you apply Farie Fire right away and keep it up. If it misses try again as soon as the cooldown is up. Lastly you want to try and line up your TF with your Berserk/Pot. Your second Berserk was just after TF ended. Having the damage bonus + extra energy + half energy cost is to awesome not to have together.

Baleroc - Great bleed uptimes and good cooldown use (both offensive and defensive). It looks like Farie Fire wasn't up on the boss the whole fight. I know other classes can apply this debuff, but none can put it up as fast or as cheap as we can. Make it your mission to have 99% uptime on the bosses as this helps all the melee including yourself.

As you would assume you are kind of suffering from having a lot of lower level gear. As you get more agility this will start to pick itself up. If you keep getting heroic bosses every week that will solve itself soon. You have a great start at this wonderful world of feral. Keep it up!

Postby Hollyrae » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 am

So, first time poster, long time (well, since 4.1) reader. I usually try to introspect on myself as much as possible in order to better myself as a cat dps player, but there is only so much I can do. So, I was wondering if people could give me some advice to push me even further. I don't really need gear advice, I'm all over that. The best advice for me would be on execution (playstyle, rotation, etc.), unless of course you see something out of place with my gear.

First some context.
Character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced
Reforge / Enchant / Spec: Reforge and enchant mainly as DPS with my stat weights being hit/exp cap and mastery. I choose mastery because I also randomly tank. My spec is based around that also, technically being a hybrid spec.
I'm usually top DPS in my guild. I know that probably says more about my guild than me, but I know that it might affect my maximum DPS (something was said about this in a post by Qbear).

And now some logs. Two that I would like to look at is Baleroc N and Alysrazor N. These two fights I wasn't doing anything gimicy like being on Rhyolith legs or jumping up and down webs.

Thanks ahead of time :)

Postby Puna » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:48 am

Hollyrae wrote:So, first time poster, long time (well, since 4.1) reader. I usually try to introspect on myself as much as possible in order to better myself as a cat dps player, but there is only so much I can do. So, I was wondering if people could give me some advice to push me even further. I don't really need gear advice, I'm all over that. The best advice for me would be on execution (playstyle, rotation, etc.), unless of course you see something out of place with my gear.

First some context.
Character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced
Reforge / Enchant / Spec: Reforge and enchant mainly as DPS with my stat weights being hit/exp cap and mastery. I choose mastery because I also randomly tank. My spec is based around that also, technically being a hybrid spec.
I'm usually top DPS in my guild. I know that probably says more about my guild than me, but I know that it might affect my maximum DPS (something was said about this in a post by Qbear).

And now some logs. Two that I would like to look at is Baleroc N and Alysrazor N. These two fights I wasn't doing anything gimicy like being on Rhyolith legs or jumping up and down webs.

Thanks ahead of time :)

Log out in your feral gear for that part of our nitpicking :D

I actually consider Alyz a bad fight to break down for dps as you spend a lot of time just run around /sleeping between adds. As long as your lining up cds/pots/zerking with her landing your golden

Baelroc however:

Rip uptime: 81.9% Low
rake uptime: 91.9% Not bad, but could improve
SR uptime : 73.7% Low

How are you tracking your bleeds and debuffs?

Tol'vir Potion: 25seconds. Why u no prepot D: And you Didn't use your pot during a berserk?
Should Feral Charge off the pull for a free Ravage!

Between you and the other feral figure out who's mangling and when, there were 7 mangles over a 5 minute fight D:
FFF was not on the boss for 8% of the fight, 12% free damage :(

TL:DR version: Line up your CD's with berserk inlcluding your potion, pot of the pull, and work on improving your bleed uptimes.

<3 Puna

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS