Register

4.3 weapon

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

4.3 weapon

Postby jazzlyne » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:21 pm

So I am debating on buying ranseur of hatred. I was waiting then had Fandral's Flamescythe taken from me in a very unhappy way to a hunter :( but thats another story that puts me in a bad mood. So anyway I decided screw it I will just buy a weapon. But now I am thinking although the price has gone down in AH is it worth it with 4.3 around the corner? Would buying Ranseur of hatred at this point be a waste? Also with the transmorph thing will Fandral's flamescythe still give the effect if you use it?

Revered

Re: 4.3 weapon

Postby shinryu » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Transmogging Fandrals will not grant the fire cat effect when you enter combat I believe, though no one really knows yet. Just based on what they've said so far, likely not.

Also, depends on what weapon you have now, I'm sitting with H Malevolance, so to me it's not worth wasting gold on a Ranseur for a bit more dps, and I can afford to wait till the damn staff even drops (7 kills and still fucking nothing >.>). Honestly I'd both punch the huntard who took your staff (as the polearm is better for them anyways) and just continue waiting, unless you have like a 346 or 359, wasting gold on a Ranseur won't see any magic huge increase in dps anyways. And 4.3 is fairly imminent, like probably a month or 3 I'd guess.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Don't forget that Ranseur can be converted to a 391 with a Crystallized Firestone unlike the 391 Fandral's which drops from heroic Domo.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Leafkiller wrote:Don't forget that Ranseur can be converted to a 391 with a Crystallized Firestone unlike the 391 Fandral's which drops from heroic Domo.

You have a point, but it isn't like H Staghelm is one of the harder ones to do, most do him what, at least 3rd or so? Unless he's worse on 25man...

Besides, good luck getting that Crystallized Firestone, talk about a pain in the butt rare drop...kinda stupid if you ask me that it has such a retarded drop rate.

Postby jazzlyne » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:12 am

yes I doubt I would be able to get that upgrade before the patch. I just hate to spend that much gold and then 2 months later its worthless.

And yes I wanted to punch that hunter. I doubt there is a feral out there that has lost the way I did for that weapon... c'est la vie

Postby Hackx » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm

You need to find a better raid group IMO. My guild gives staves and polearms to kitties over hunters, no matter how good of an upgrade it may be for them or how much DKP they have.

Return to Kitty DPS