Register

Druid Tier 13...meh

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Druid Tier 13...meh

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Tier 13 for druids is up. Can't say I am impressed by it. Kinda boring, and whats up with the ropes all over?
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/september/druid.jpg

Honored

Re: Druid Tier 13...meh

Postby Toro » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Haven't really seen a good looking druid set in some time... will Transmog that T13 to T4 in a heartbeat... I LIKE PANTS!
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Pretty much my thoughts exactly...meh.

Thankfully, a quick transmog will fix that, I've already got my demon hunter armor ready to go :D

Just need to pick up a nice scythe-style staff so it kinda parodies a warglaive I can't use...

Postby Zaxxan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Looks ot be based off Nordrassil which would be great if all of us were Night Elves.

Oh well I'm just going to keep a set for transmog so I don't have to wear a dress.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:15 am

Zaxxan wrote:Looks ot be based off Nordrassil which would be great if all of us were Night Elves.

Oh well I'm just going to keep a set for transmog so I don't have to wear a dress.

It's not even that, their inspiration seems to be shrooms and glowy veggy from Zang according to the descriptions...I can definitely imagine their lame art team being on shrooms and drugs when they designed this, because it pretty much flat out sucks, just plain and boring; compared to the deathwing-inspired warrior armor, or the warlock old god ones (though that's kinda debatable, I thought the lock t13 looked cool but seems to be split within their community), or even the new shammy one that just came out, ours just looks effing boring.

Postby Kojo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:45 pm

I like it better than the last three or four tiers but not as much as some of the older tiers, but...mushrooms?

When people think of druids, of being one with the beasts and the trees, they think mushrooms apparently.
Last edited by Kojo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Before I read the whole 'mushrooms' part I just thought Therazane sat on the druid tier and took a dump.

Color me terribly unimpressed.
Twitch - Now with dachshund cam!

Postby Hackx » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Transmog to Tier 6 and pick up Staff of the Plague Hound. Problem solved.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Hackx wrote:Transmog to Tier 6 and pick up Staff of the Plague Hound. Problem solved.

I dunno, I find Origin of Nightmares ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=40280 ) fits in far better with the T6 theme personally, still keeps the wood bird totem-esq motif and such. Which incidentally is one of my planned transmog sets, along with a demon hunter look-a-like transmogged with one of the scythe designs that are classified as staves (since druids can't use warglaives). That or if a polearm becomes BiS in 4.3, Hellreaver :D

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:05 pm

My transmog set:

Helm is the T11 Normal Helm.
Enchanting Weapon w/ Mongoose.
The Pants/Chest/Gloves/Belt/Boots are from Outlands, most from the Leather Dungeon Set (Re-color of the Dungeon Set 1 & 2 from Classic) Didn't like the design of the Dungeon Set Helm/Shoulders, and since the Blue of the T11 matched so well with the Outlands Dungeon Set, figured I would just use it.
Took me a long time to figure out which weapon I wanted to use, but this one fits nicely with the color scheme and only took me 12 gold to get off the AH.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Nice looking set Kon. The sad part is though even if you enchant the old staff with Mongoose the actual enchant you have on your current staff is the one thats going to show.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Nice looking set Kon. The sad part is though even if you enchant the old staff with Mongoose the actual enchant you have on your current staff is the one thats going to show.

Yeah, wasn't sure how its going to work, lots of misinformation roaming around out there.

I really hope there is a setting where you can choose what the enchant looks like, because I hate the way +130 agility looks.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Ya but it was confirmed today (bummer I know) in a interview with GC.

Transmogrification question, when you transfer the appearance of something that is enchanted with say, Mongoose, will that effect go over?
Ghostcrawler: No, the enchants won’t go over. You’ll have to enchant the weapon the same way you would a non-transmogrified weapon.

Postby Hackx » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:15 am

The reason I choose Staff of the Plague Beast is that I wanted a staff that was just a stick, but still looked cool. I'm not a huge fan of big motifs on the top of staves. Granted, Origin of Nightmares is much better than some, so I'll probably pick up both. Still haven't found a Polearm I like. Any suggestions for one that matches Tier 6? Also haven't found a weapon I like to match the Field Marshall set for PvP.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:05 am

Hackx wrote:The reason I choose Staff of the Plague Beast is that I wanted a staff that was just a stick, but still looked cool. I'm not a huge fan of big motifs on the top of staves. Granted, Origin of Nightmares is much better than some, so I'll probably pick up both. Still haven't found a Polearm I like. Any suggestions for one that matches Tier 6? Also haven't found a weapon I like to match the Field Marshall set for PvP.

Can't go wrong with a Hellreaver I always say...always loved that huge polearm from Hellfire Ramparts. Might not match, but nothing else says "big badass sword cleaver" quite like it.

Postby Facemauler » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:37 am

My polearm suggestion would be Black Ice from 10 man Malygos... looks pretty wicked.

Return to Kitty DPS