Register

Ragnaros

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Ragnaros

Postby Nimodii » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
Nimodii wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:
If you don't have any deaths from seeds there is no way you can die without your own mistake.
This changes if 1 person dies from seeds since it follows another member or highest threat.

I've waited for for the range to gain aggro on them everytime, no one has died but as soon as I get in melee range of the seeds they hit me for some reason ;<

Socerer is not dying because he is dropping his seed behind the rest of them. The seeds fixate on whoever they initially spawn on, and they gain a stacking buff when there are within 6 yards of each other that adds 25% to their damage and gives them immunity to snare and stun effects. If you separate a seed, you can stun it, and also be near the other seeds safely. Here is a good thread from MMO discussing this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/988 ... 28H-Rag%29

Also, if you watch the Fatboss 10M heroic guide, they discuss the seed buffs some starting around 4:33 into the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry394tAy0J8 (note that they spread out at the end of their run to separate the seeds just in case not all are dead).

Here is a vid of an arcane mage doing something similar to what Sorcerer is doing, separating his add out from the rest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r4XCOIHWCY .

Aah, I see! Thanks a billion!

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Andolie wrote:In p2 we are aoe'ing adds down and we are actually bop'ing a dps so that they don't get fixated at all. It works, that much I do know since we successfully did it many times last week, but how they're doing it I'm not 100% sure since vent was rather cluttered at the time. (It is similar to domo's seeds) In any case, I've been selected to be bop'ed this week. Do you folks have any suggestions here on how maximize damage? I know I need to pool some energy and save TF; I'm looking for anything else I can do.

You can't attack through BoP -- only casters can. Also I'm pretty sure my group tried BoP months ago and found that it didn't prevent people from getting hit. Maybe they were wrong, but I do know the elementals hit for fire damage (while BoP ostensibly protects from physical).

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:01 pm

BoP does work as far as we tested.
Warlock teleport during seed cast couses no seed aswell, although its RNG.
Elemental shaman grounding totem glyph does work preventing seed from spawning 100%

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Ah - you're using BoP to prevent the recipient from being targeted by a seed in the first place, rather than to prevent an elemental from attacking them.

Honored

Postby mekell » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:57 pm

While its not ideal, i am one of our raid members who are tripping traps if they are near me. Occasionally i don't get knocked up in the air by the trap. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to avoid that or if maybe i am resisting the explosion or what. I definitely take damage, but just don't get blown way up in the air...sometimes.

has anyone else experienced this and/or know the reason?

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:59 pm

You can resist it.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:02 pm

I am too tired to run sims tonight but maybe someone did it already.

Shouldn't the avengers rep trinket yield more DPS increase on rag p3 than heroic hungerer?
Becouse we cant handle hungerer proc, but we can manage on use, burst in that 96/140 sec should be higher with rep trinket assuming we pot + lust + berserk with almost 40% uptime?

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:31 am

So...as we're inevitably going to start H Ragnaros now...any strategies or advice for 10man?

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Sorcerer wrote:I am too tired to run sims tonight but maybe someone did it already.

Shouldn't the avengers rep trinket yield more DPS increase on rag p3 than heroic hungerer?
Becouse we cant handle hungerer proc, but we can manage on use, burst in that 96/140 sec should be higher with rep trinket assuming we pot + lust + berserk with almost 40% uptime?

Yeah, since the only dps that really matters anymore is P3 if you're going for 1 meteor I use APS because of burst potential. Edit because I have never simmed it, just gut feeling that controllable burst is better than higher stats at more random times considering you need very precise bursting.
Twitch - Now with dachshund cam! - Logs 'n stuff

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Dysheki wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:I am too tired to run sims tonight but maybe someone did it already.

Yeah, since the only dps that really matters anymore is P3 if you're going for 1 meteor I use APS because of burst potential. Edit because I have never simmed it, just gut feeling that controllable burst is better than higher stats at more random times considering you need very precise bursting.

I end up getting only 3 berserks this fight, because I don't use a berserk at all in phase 2 so that as soon as Rag pops up for Phase 3, HeroLust is popped, and I proceed to use an Agi-Pot, Seed, TF, and Berserk. Being able to control and gain that extra 1k Agility during that period where everything else is ticking is perfect.

Previous

Return to Boss Archives