Register

Leafkiller's 4.2 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Leafkiller's 4.2 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Jqar » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:02 am

Someone might be interested in this, so i thought id just post it here :) its based on some cut n paste from leaf's script.

Code: Select all
Define(BERSERK 50334)
Define(FEROCIOUSBITE 22568)
Define(RIP 1079)
Define(SAVAGEROAR 52610)
Define(BLOODINTHEWATERTALENT 8341)
Define(TIGERSFURY 5217)
Define(CLEARCASTING 16870)
Define(BERSERK 50334)

AddIcon help=main mastery=2 {
      unless BuffPresent(BERSERK) or BuffPresent(CLEARCASTING) {
         if {Mana(less 36) and {0s before Spell(TIGERSFURY)}} {
            Spell(TIGERSFURY)
         }
      }
      if TalentPoints(BLOODINTHEWATERTALENT more 1) and TargetLifePercent(less 25) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP mine=1) {
         if ComboPoints(more 4)  Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
         if ComboPoints(more 0) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 2.1 mine=1) Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)       
      }
      if BuffPresent(BERSERK) {
         if ComboPoints(more 4) and Mana(more 12) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 5 mine=1) and BuffPresent(SAVAGEROAR 3) {
         Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
         }
      }
      if BuffExpires(BERSERK 0) or Mana(less 25) {
         if ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 14 mine=1) and BuffPresent(SAVAGEROAR 10) {
            Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
         }
      }
}

Edit: added [code]

Postby Jqar » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:43 am

Not sure if this should be a separate post or not, but I had an idea and dunno where else to post it.

If we refresh a TF'ed Rip with FB(bitw), will it continue to tick as a TF'ed Rip?
Say with 2set t13, would it be beneficial to clip/delay TF and/or Rip to a certain extent to ensure a TF'ed Rip being refreshed with FB over the remaining 60% of the fight?

With some quick napkin math, im guessing a 1% dps increase?...

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:48 am

Jqar wrote:Not sure if this should be a separate post or not, but I had an idea and dunno where else to post it.

If we refresh a TF'ed Rip with FB(bitw), will it continue to tick as a TF'ed Rip?
Say with 2set t13, would it be beneficial to clip/delay TF and/or Rip to a certain extent to ensure a TF'ed Rip being refreshed with FB over the remaining 60% of the fight?

With some quick napkin math, im guessing a 1% dps increase?...

No. The only thing that stays the same when you use FB to extend Rip is the number of Combo Points from the original Rip. The Agility, AP, Crit, Mastery, and Damage Modifiers are all captured and taken into account each time you extend.

Postby Greenhorse » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Is there a way to disable the entire bear form script?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Greenhorse wrote:Is there a way to disable the entire bear form script?

You can remove the code from the script.

Postby Antioch » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:00 pm

You could just macro /ovale hide to your bear form binding and /ovale show to your cat. That way theres no need to go through all the script to knock out the bear relevant bits.
Unless there's a reason beyound this that i'm missing for removing the script

Postby flyblue » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:40 am

And there are a lot of very good content, thank you, collection.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:56 am

flyblue wrote:And there are a lot of very good content, thank you, collection.

Why, for some reason, do I suspect this "person" to be a very smart bot or rather dumb gold seller with the links in sig?

Postby Extrembovine » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 am

Leaf,

I noticed on the ovale board you mentioned a while ago that you were thinking of doing a script for Warlocks. Are you still thinking about it or decided to pass on it?

Btw, thanks for making a script for feral druids and updating it on a reg basis. It has really helped me understand the feral kitty rotation and greatly improved my dps.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:07 am

If you are running affliction the script I did for 4.06 is still usable (at least last I checked). The demo script is dated - I did not implement pet twisting. I have been busy programming IRL.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am

I had just a quick thought about a tweak to the script.

We're refreshing Rake if its at <12 (I think that's correct since the buff) seconds left when using TF. The script always seems to want to do this immediately upon using TF. Could the script be programmed to wait till say, the last 2 seconds of TF to do that (and save appropriate energy to do so). This would ensure that at least one more tick would go off and thus increasing the energy efficiency of Rake.

It should be a DPS up, but might not be enough of one to be worth the effort.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:22 am

I have never found any tweaks like that to show as being dps gains when I tested in Mew.

Postby BoldTM » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 am

I have found small tweaks here and there dependent on my gear, but it is very small and will not in any way improve your dps with alot and introduce reactions issues that could lowering your dps. Smaller margin in the code will net you larger margin to miss.

Postby kokomala » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:53 am

I've noticed the script calling for FFF more than it should lately. 3 stack FFF was on the boss the whole time. Mainly on H Majordomo, where i do the "go bear for seeds" trick, but it shows up too soon while I'm in cat form. I do not FFF in bear.

Ovale 4.2.3
Feral script 4.2.14

Any ideas?

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:11 am

I do not FFF in bear.

First of all why not? Secondly, you shouldn't have to do anything in Bear, except switch right back to Cat Form.

Postby kokomala » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:33 am

Konungr wrote:
I do not FFF in bear.

First of all why not? Secondly, you shouldn't have to do anything in Bear, except switch right back to Cat Form.

exactly, I just wanted to point out that I was not overwriting the cat FFF w the bear

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:46 am

I have seen that with arms warriors and inconsistent sunders. If you have others putting up the debuff, I suggest you turn it off.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:31 am

I don't know if it's glitched or something, but mine isn't even recommending Ravage at all sometimes after a FC. Like, not at all completely, it just lets the proc fade away.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:21 am

shinryu wrote:I don't know if it's glitched or something, but mine isn't even recommending Ravage at all sometimes after a FC. Like, not at all completely, it just lets the proc fade away.

Then you have something that has a higher priority that you haven't followed yet, or you don't have it in your spec.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:44 am

Konungr wrote:
shinryu wrote:I don't know if it's glitched or something, but mine isn't even recommending Ravage at all sometimes after a FC. Like, not at all completely, it just lets the proc fade away.

Then you have something that has a higher priority that you haven't followed yet, or you don't have it in your spec.

Uh yeah, who doesn't have Stampede these days, been using it since Cata went live so please spare me the "noob" comment :roll:

I am curious as to what would take higher priority though if that's the case; I wouldn't think missing a refresh on Rake or another Shred would be worth more than ignoring the Ravage proc entirely. But I dunno, maybe I'm just imagining things, no one's uploaded any recent logs for my runs so it's all anecdotal evidence, but I just feel that I'm not hitting Ravage that much compared to before updating my script to the current one over an older version I had. Probably doesn't matter since 4.3 will probably bring in a new script and changes within a few weeks anyways, and it's not like FC is that useful on H Rag anyways (besides adds, which you spam it almost immediately anyways).

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:36 am

I have not seen any issues on Ravage not showing up in the script. It will wait for you to TF until it is down to three seconds left - and it does prioritize mangle, FFF, TF and Berserk ahead of Ravage at all times. If you hit TF and Ravage has more than 3 seconds left, there are other few things prioritized ahead of it (most of the rotational elements outside of fillers). The priorities are based on a series of tests I ran, where I moved the Ravage conditionals to different locations in the script until I found where Mew was reporting the highest dps (just speaking to your concern on the priorities). I won't claim the Mew script is perfect anymore than the Ovale script is, but it is pretty good, and in general more precise than we are capable of being.

As always, if anyone does some new testing on Mew and comes up with dps gains that are statistically significant, I will gladly change both the Mew script and the Ovale script. With 4.3 coming, now is a good time to revisit the rotation. One of the things I plan to build in now will be a shredless rotation. There is already one in Mew, but I never put one into my Ovale script. I also plan to remove some of the older trinkets. On that note, is anyone using Ovale for trinket tracking? I tried that for awhile but stopped using it for that and went back to tracking Rip, Rake, SR and TF.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:40 am

I use Ovale for trinket tracking whenever I need to, but I normally prefer to use DroodFocus to track things like that, since I can customize how things are shown a little more. Sadly I fear that the author of the addon has quit the game, his character no longer exists and he has not posted on any of the addon websites in quite a while and I'm almost certain something in MoP will break the addon, and I can't get duplicate functionality from any other addon I have tried.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Leafkiller wrote:I have not seen any issues on Ravage not showing up in the script. It will wait for you to TF until it is down to three seconds left - and it does prioritize mangle, FFF, TF and Berserk ahead of Ravage at all times. If you hit TF and Ravage has more than 3 seconds left, there are other few things prioritized ahead of it (most of the rotational elements outside of fillers). The priorities are based on a series of tests I ran, where I moved the Ravage conditionals to different locations in the script until I found where Mew was reporting the highest dps (just speaking to your concern on the priorities). I won't claim the Mew script is perfect anymore than the Ovale script is, but it is pretty good, and in general more precise than we are capable of being.

As always, if anyone does some new testing on Mew and comes up with dps gains that are statistically significant, I will gladly change both the Mew script and the Ovale script. With 4.3 coming, now is a good time to revisit the rotation. One of the things I plan to build in now will be a shredless rotation. There is already one in Mew, but I never put one into my Ovale script. I also plan to remove some of the older trinkets. On that note, is anyone using Ovale for trinket tracking? I tried that for awhile but stopped using it for that and went back to tracking Rip, Rake, SR and TF.

Thanks for your reply, at least maybe I'm not crazy somewhere...

A shredless option should be good to have since Ultraxion appears to be another one of those "well designed" fights >.>

I do occasionally track trinket procs, but yeah usually use them on the other abilities.

Postby Evil » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:22 am

@Leafkiller: Just a quick question, you already checked the PTR for 4.3 changes? Curious if you are prepared when 4.3 pops up (Script wise)?

Thanks for your effort still working on this project!

PS: Agree, would be nice to have a none shred function or change shred with mangle function for the well designed Ultraxion fight (or any fights we aren't able to shred in the future, unfortunately).

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Currently there are no rotation changes anticipated for 4.3. There is a fight where you cannot currently Shred which is why I may build a frontal attack script, but that is all I am aware of.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS