Register

4.3 Feral Cat Feedback (Theorycraft) (Tangedyn post)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

4.3 Feral Cat Feedback (Theorycraft) (Tangedyn post)

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:57 pm

I am linking the post Tangedyn did on the WoW "Damage Dealing" forum. It shows some analysis of the Glyph of Bloodletting in the context of the Ultraxion fight. The thread makes for an interesting read: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595570016

The analysis shows that we (ferals) will be at a significant disadvantage on that fight, and that we will want to use Glyph of Mangle rather than Glyph of Bloodletting (put another way, the Glyph of Bloodletting is a poor way to address the positional issues of Shred). There is also some discussion of the itemization of the Tier 13, more specifically the over itemization of expertise on that gear.

I have not been very active in WoW of late (outside of raiding) as I am working on a new startup, but I did log into IRC last night and chatted briefly with Yawning and Tengedyn to see what the status of the 4.3 Mew was and how far they had gotten in 4.3 theorycrafting. Mew is pretty much done for 4.3 (on the dev tree) and they have been testing 4.3 (from Tangedyn, Yawning and Mihir). It does look like there is still work to be done to determine what the optimum trinkets will be (Vial of Shadows is looking very strong) and Yawning made changes to some of the new trinkets in Mew as recently as earlier today.

I looked through the rotation, which is largely unchanged other than dealing with T13 and the Glyph of Bloodletting. Not much leaped up to me as areas where change was needed although there are a couple of things I am thinking about testing based on some of my recent in game experiences, and also some potential (small) optimizations of a shredless rotation.

Revered

Re: 4.3 Feral Cat Feedback (Theorycraft) (Tangedyn post)

Postby shinryu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:37 pm

I find it funny that the Bloodletting glyph is gonna be replaced pretty much despite the buff to it...just an irony in ways.

Return to Kitty DPS