Register

Leafkiller's 4.2 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.
Revered

Re: Leafkiller's 4.2 Feral Ovale Script

Postby shinryu » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:33 pm

What about the t13 bonuses for TF/Ravage and FB being usable at 60%? Though that admittedly is about all I can think of too. Guess they're not actual rotation changes, but still impact it right?

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:21 am

The only change that would need to be made is when we find out the name of the TF > Ravage buff. The code is designed to look for when the Blood in the Water is active, so no changes should need to be made.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:39 am

There was some clipping problems in the mew script when using glyph of tiger's fury in combination with mid-fight feral charging, so that fix might have to be included in the new version as well. As far as I know, the 2T13 bonus triggers the stampede talent, so the buff will be the same. (in some earlier ptr build it was a separate buff, but they removed that to prevent ppl from doing 2 TFed ravages in quick succession, which would be too powerful in pvp i guess :P)

http://code.google.com/p/mew-wow-druid- ... il?r=1009# for the relevant change

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:45 am

I realized that I would have to change the Stampede code earlier and then went looking to see what people who had been playing on the PTR had to say about it. I found a blog poset from Tangedyn on theincbear with the relevant info:

4x Tier 13 bonus allows Stampede to be activated whenever Tiger’s Fury is used. Note that with this bonus, there is now a slight change in our priority – You must now spend your Stampede buff (if it is up) BEFORE activating Tiger’s Fury.

I was assuming it would be the same buff, which is correct. Here is the logic that is currently in the Mew cat sim script:

Code: Select all
// Ravage if we have 4T13, have Stampede up, and Tiger's Fury is off cooldown.
   // Note: Clipping Stampede is bad.  Rake/SR uptime matter more than wasting a Ravage even with one use.
   if (mHasTier_13_4pc && isStampedeUp && tigersFuryCD == 0.0)
      return Action.RAVAGE;

// Ravage If Stampede/TF is up and OoC is not, and I won't energy cap
   if (isStampedeUp && !isOoCUp && isTigersFuryUp && energy <= (100 - energyPerSec))
      return Action.RAVAGE;

Both of these conditionals are just above the T11 Mangle code which is just before the filler code (interrupt handling code is sandwiched between the two conditionals). There is also the 2 second timeout check for Stampede much earlier in the rotation. Looking over these changes, they don't look optimal right now - so I will play with the script some and see if I can find any improvements. If I find any improvements, I will check them into Mew and update the Ovale script appropriately (regardless of what I find, I will need to add in the T13 4 piece support).

I am also going to look at the code that burns down energy a few seconds before TF comes off of cool down. as our haste is hitting higher levels, it may make sense to start burning the nervy down slightly sooner.

* I have not spent any time on 4.3 up to now but will do so this weekend.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:13 pm

I made two changes to the Mew sim script for the 4 piece T13 set bonus.

First, it was not optimized for in combat feral charge. The sim script was waiting for TF to come off of cooldown to force Stampede to be used up (this would happen only when Stampede was caused by a feral charge). I changed the code so to try to use up an FC caused Stampede as soon as possible in place of a filler (Shred/Mangle) so as to not impact the rotation. This only affects fights where you FC, which was not evident in the default scenario that was being tested in Mew (the default scenario in Mew only has a single FC at the start of the fight). When I changed the fight parameters to include in combat FC with 1 second of travel time, the dps gain was over 1%. This does speak to the fact that if you can run away and FC back to the mob with only about a second of missed attack time, the dps gain is still decent. I have not looked at the new encounters to see on which of them FCing is viable. I have seen some discussion on EJB where the posters felt 1 second downtime is doable so this is worth exploring.

The second change I made was to the maximum energy threshold before casting TF. Currently the script recommends only casting TF if you are at or below 35 energy. By changing this to 45 energy, dps went up by 190 on the Mihir' ilvl 410 profile (base dps is just over 50k). This is interesting, because what we are seeing is the increased value of TF due to the extra damage and free energy of Stampede (Stampede gives you 1 second of free energy regen) which is offsetting the loss of energy by using TF at a higher energy threshold.

Thematically, both of these changes are around casting TF as soon as possible when it comes off of cooldown.

As a side note, I noticed that Kiroptyric Sigil is testing higher than Vial of Shadows in the current Mew on the Mihir' 410 profile, which is different than the results that Tangedyn posted in his blog/wow forums posts on 4.3. I will ask Tangedyn/Yawning about that.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Leafkiller wrote:As a side note, I noticed that Kiroptyric Sigil is testing higher than Vial of Shadows in the current Mew on the Mihir' 410 profile, which is different than the results that Tangedyn posted in his blog/wow forums posts on 4.3. I will ask Tangedyn/Yawning about that.

To my knowledge, the results he posted in his post on the wow forums were from the tests Mihir had posted on MMO-C, he was simply placing them on the ODForums so that it could be compiled and accessed by anyone that didn't visit Mihir's thread on MMO-C. There is a link somewhere in Tang's thread that takes you to the post by Mihir showing his trinket test results.

Yes, here we are: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595369756#18
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/775 ... st14284248

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 pm

I posted on the Mew google group to ask about the discrepancy between the posted trinket rankings and what I am seeing. I am using the same profile (assuming the one that is checked in is the same one that Mihir is using) and I made sure to swap the glyphs appropriately.

With glyph of Bloodletting, Kiroptyric Sigil and the 416 Wrath of Unchaining, using 25k iterations with the random seed turned off, I get 50630.22471 dps.
With glyph of TF, the 410 Vial of Shadows and the 416 Wrath of Unchaining, using 25k iterations with the random seed turned off, I get 50173.09837 dps.

This is using the sim script with my two improvements, but taking those out does not change the results.

* edit - disrelated topic, Yawning made sim script changes on 11/20 around the logic for running out for FC to guard against collisions with TF. I will need to add those to the Ovale logic also (capturing this for my own benefit).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:52 pm

So I've been using this Script + Ovale for a couple weeks now for my Feral Kitty, and I'm very satisfied with it overall. Nice job and thanks!

I've only got one complaint: How it handles spells that are off the GCD.
When TF comes up I lose x milliseconds of active time to reacting to it telling me what button to push (Yeah, usually it's rake, but not always). Would it be possible to move the TF indicator to the second box, or make the second box display the next ability in the sequence whenever TF is in the first box?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:06 pm

aggixx wrote:So I've been using this Script + Ovale for a couple weeks now for my Feral Kitty, and I'm very satisfied with it overall. Nice job and thanks!

I've only got one complaint: How it handles spells that are off the GCD.
When TF comes up I lose x milliseconds of active time to reacting to it telling me what button to push (Yeah, usually it's rake, but not always). Would it be possible to move the TF indicator to the second box, or make the second box display the next ability in the sequence whenever TF is in the first box?

The second box shows the next major ability to cast along a visual indicator to tell you if it is time to cast it. If the ability in the second box is not ready, then you can assume the next thing to be cast could be a filler. It could also be Rake, if the existing Rake has less than 9 seconds remaining, and/or Ravage! if Stampede is up (some prefer to wait for the second attack after TF is cast before using Ravage! although in my sims this has never been a dps increase). Note from what I am saying here that the script does not actually know what is coming next, because the moment TF is actually cast, the priority changes, so your best bet is to understand the rotation enough to know what you should be casting.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Leafkiller wrote:I posted on the Mew google group to ask about the discrepancy between the posted trinket rankings and what I am seeing. I am using the same profile (assuming the one that is checked in is the same one that Mihir is using) and I made sure to swap the glyphs appropriately.

With glyph of Bloodletting, Kiroptyric Sigil and the 416 Wrath of Unchaining, using 25k iterations with the random seed turned off, I get 50630.22471 dps.
With glyph of TF, the 410 Vial of Shadows and the 416 Wrath of Unchaining, using 25k iterations with the random seed turned off, I get 50173.09837 dps.

This is using the sim script with my two improvements, but taking those out does not change the results.

* edit - disrelated topic, Yawning made sim script changes on 11/20 around the logic for running out for FC to guard against collisions with TF. I will need to add those to the Ovale logic also (capturing this for my own benefit).

I forgot to adjust the stats with the trinket changes - agi for haste...so sad...

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Leafkiller wrote:The second box shows the next major ability to cast along a visual indicator to tell you if it is time to cast it. If the ability in the second box is not ready, then you can assume the next thing to be cast could be a filler. It could also be Rake, if the existing Rake has less than 9 seconds remaining, and/or Ravage! if Stampede is up (some prefer to wait for the second attack after TF is cast before using Ravage! although in my sims this has never been a dps increase). Note from what I am saying here that the script does not actually know what is coming next, because the moment TF is actually cast, the priority changes, so your best bet is to understand the rotation enough to know what you should be casting.

That's kind of silly, but I understand =/

Thanks for the quick response!

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Leafkiller wrote:I forgot to adjust the stats with the trinket changes - agi for haste...so sad...

So are the results that Mihir/Tang posted accurate again?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Konungr wrote:
Leafkiller wrote:I forgot to adjust the stats with the trinket changes - agi for haste...so sad...

So are the results that Mihir/Tang posted accurate again?

Likely. I did not retest yet, but swapping 517 agi for 458 haste should account for the 460 dps swing.

* Edit - just did a run, Vial of Shadows is now 51866.67139, well ahead now.

Postby Hezkezl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 am

Thank you very much for keeping this script up to date throughout 4.2 :D I <3 it very much and it has definitely helped me smooth out my attacks and help decide what I should do at any given time. My only question, is there any chance to get this updated for 4.3? Mainly to try to have it take into account (if possible) mangle being used for fights like ultraxion where we can't shred, to extend the Rip debuff. Presently, the box keeps displaying the Shred icon until rip is about a half second away from falling off, then it updates to wanting to apply rip (if you have 5 cp). Even if you're spamming mangle and extending the rip duration :(

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks for pointing that out. I will add having Mangle update the Ripshred counter to the list of 4.3 changes.

I will also have to figure out how to account for people swapping out Glyph of Bloodletting for either Glyph of TF and/or Glyph of Mangle (which is what theorycrafting suggests using on Ultraxion even in T12 gear).

Honored

Postby Mihir » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:30 pm

I regularly comment out the relevant lines :P

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 pm

I just need to check for the glyph. It was never an issue until now since everyone always used it.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS