Register

Kill Video Software

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Kill Video Software

Postby Konungr » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:37 am

I am in a Top US 100 10 Man guild, so I often have access to pushing out progression videos. Though before I would be able to begin recording and sending them in for another Feral POV, I would need information on software to use and whatnot.

Revered

Re: Kill Video Software

Postby Qbear » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:44 am

I use fraps for the in game recording, fraps records raw video which leads to very large files so what I was thinking for sharing is if you could get any video editing software (hell windows has this for free with windows movie maker) all I would need would be for you to drag and drop the fraps files onto that and render it.

This would make one smaller file (still big) then we could use drop box to send the file easily to one another.

If your looking to make your own videos then I suggest sony vegas (probably the most common, easy to find cracks for if that's your thing)

I personally use cyberlink power directer which just happened to be like 10 bucks cheaper when I went shopping.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:43 pm

I'm playing around with the settings in FRAPS right now, just have the trial version, want to test it before I go and spend the 40 bucks.

Are there any settings I should enable in FRAPS:
Lock Framerate while recording ?
Force lossless RBG capture ?
Video Cap Settings? 50 or 60 FPS ?

These are my current in-game settings, anything I should change about them?

Revered

Postby Qbear » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:46 pm

I have mine set to video capture at 30 fps. I checked off the record sound just because I add the sound to my videos later, and I also checked the hide mouse cursor in video.

Everything else I didn't touch and all your wow settings look perfect to me as well.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:55 pm

I have decided I'm probably not using FRAPS, I'm probably going to be using MSI Afterburner at the recomendation of my GM, who's been recording wow vids for a fairly long time. Quality seems decent, I should be cranking out a ~3 min vid of me attacking a target dummy by the end of the night, I'll post a link when i have it up to take a look at the quality, plus there will be music. I will most likely not be doing a voice over in my kill vids at this time.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Revered

Postby Qbear » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:05 pm

It looks like it was recorded in half screen. I know fraps has away to make it so when it records the rendered video will show up without the black bars.

Other then that looks perfect.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Yeah, I'm talking with my GM to figure that out. It recorded in Full Screen, when I watch the unedited video it is perfect. I think I need to set the Aspect Ratio to 16:9 instead of 4:3 in Windows Live Movie Maker.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Ok, created a new one in 16:9 and posted it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcPZIrh5To4

Honored

Postby Andanas » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Looks really good. I'd never heard of MSI Afterburner, sounds like something I might want to try. Unless for some reason it only works with MSI hardware. BTW, those timer bars, and icons below them, is that Drood Focus?

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:27 pm

The timer bars are part of Elv UI, the Icons, Energy Bar, and Combo Points are all DroodFocus. I will be updating my UI post both here and on the Official Druid Forums over the next week.

Return to Addons / UI