Register

Hagara the Stormbinder

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Hagara the Stormbinder

Postby Qbear » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Please keep all discussion of the 10/25m LFR, Norm, and Heroic difficulty to the Hagara encounter limited to this thread only.

Thank you.

Revered

Re: Hagara the Stormbinder

Postby shinryu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Can't wait to pickpocket the ring on my rogue to kick off the legendary hunt :D

Honored

Postby Toro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Not sure if it was a bug, but I was tanking it last night and as soon as she'd start casting unrelenting assault, if I backed out of melee range to kite it, as you should, she'd stop channeling altogether.

Good info, at least, for the moment!
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Postby Azsuregos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:39 am

You can cancel her focus attacks like this on nhc and lfr. Good luck trying that on hc though. Feraltanks and DKs have an advantage here through their mastery.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:43 am

Right now on Heroic, as soon as she starts casting it, we have someone across the platform taunt her and as she is running the tank taunts her back.

Postby Kalze » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:50 am

A few tips to help your raid on this fight:

-You can tell which phase will be first if you look at the glow of her weapons.
-If you line up 5 players (in 25) on each of the red lines with 1 on Hagara you can chain the lightning to all the beacons simultaneously.
-In heroic ferals can shapeshift off the slow debuff, however it DOES leave a patch of ice; be sure to be on the outside or inside of the ring when you do this.
-You can enter the ice sphere and go around the ice-wall with Barkskin to get some extra DPS on a low frost beacon that needs to die.

In lightning phase - if you have 4pc t13 sit in bear form and melee the lightning add. As soon as the add dies you can pop ER slightly later to help out healers with raid healing. This will be up ~every lightning phase pending how fast you deal with frost phase.
[url]www.edgeofgarona.com[/url] - Recruiting exceptional players for Dragon Soul!
Props to XRated for Avatar and Signature.

Honored

Postby Laurind » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:00 am

for Berserk, are you waiting for the first "stun" part? or start the fight with it, and then hold the 2nd for some stun part?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:53 pm

That would depend on how many feedback cycles your group needs to kill the boss. If it's an odd number you'd want to save it til the first feedback. If it's an even number you can use it off the bat.

Edit: Assuming your cycles average at 90+ seconds meaning you can Berserk every other Feedback. If it's every 3rd Feedback for your then you can also adjust likewise.

Postby Cayssaris » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:49 pm

So would it be best to assume the most optimal way to optimize DPS during Heroic Hagara with Ice tombs is to get your bleeds up and build up, either 5 CP or 1 CP depending on Tier bonus and percentage, then swipe the tombs?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Make sure the Tank is dragging to boss over to the tombs so you can keep auto attacking for OOC procs. Use OOC procs for swipe and swipe if you have the extra energy for filler shreds. Use the combo points from Rake, to keep SR up.

Honored

Postby Laurind » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:08 pm

what is the "rotation" on the stun phase?
Obviously charge, mangle (can't remember if it falls on ice/lightning phase), rake and keep shreding until phase is off? FB? or rip?

(yeah, a bit late to the party but well... next week we are up to Hc, and I want to do as much as I can)

Postby Paramount » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Laurind wrote:what is the "rotation" on the stun phase?
Obviously charge, mangle (can't remember if it falls on ice/lightning phase), rake and keep shreding until phase is off? FB? or rip?

(yeah, a bit late to the party but well... next week we are up to Hc, and I want to do as much as I can)

You want to apply Rip before you FB. I can see how a double damage FB would be tempting but the lost uptime on Rip isn't worth the trade off.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Postby Samskeyti » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:58 am

As Paramount says, the dots don't carry over into the next phase so get a rip down, then just ferocious bite and by the time the rip falls off the phase is about to change anyway.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 am

How are people doing this one on 10 man heroic?

We are setting up with 1t, 3h (really struggled with 2) and 6d.

We've tried various methods for each phase but it all seems very fiddly.

Boss phase - We generally try to have 3 pairs of ranged/healers take the lances but they seem to struggle
Lightning - Our better strategy seems to be 2x2man teams going clockwise and anticlockwise. Using those who can mitigate some damage. Only seem to cope with 3h here tho.
Ice - Stack heals and ranged in middle, have rest run. Pop into water to drop flake. We tried all running but it wasn't pretty.

Any tips for these phases?

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:12 am

Use grounding totem to eat shattered ice if you have shamans. For lightning phase my 10-man groups have favored a configuration resembling this (where each different color is a different player).

Postby Pìxèl » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:47 pm

I had a weird bug last week in our attempt, I couldnt conduct the lightning in that phase unless i changed out of cat form. very annoying - anyone else experienced this?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Pìxèl wrote:I had a weird bug last week in our attempt, I couldnt conduct the lightning in that phase unless i changed out of cat form. very annoying - anyone else experienced this?

I think that happened to me while trying to get "Holding Hands." I was last in line and it would never jump from me to the last conductor.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:00 am

stay out of any forms and prefered not to use bear form.
It looked like only tauren druids had issue for us

You dont wanna know how retarded was it to get the meta ... :)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Since feedback is a buff on the boss, DoT damage keeps its 100% increased damage after the feedback ends. I'm fairly certain that holding any FBs in BitW range or Shreds with GoBloodletting until you're about to cap would be a significant DPS gain. Bloodletting is probably pretty weak because of that reason, so GoTF would be a very strong choice (even if you have a Sigil, I would think). Similarly, you would want to let your bleeds from the feedback fall off before reapplying so you don't clip a 100% damage tick.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:09 pm

I am not sure why you think GoBloodletting would have any effect on the damage output of Rip? Bloodletting just extends the length of the current Rip. If you hit Rip, (or FB during BitW) at the last second of Feedback and you have Bloodletting you get 3 extra free ticks of the buffed bleed.

I don't think that holding FB to get the entire buffed Rip out is going to be a DPS up. Assuming that if you have 4 feedback oppertunities you are going to have Berserk up for 2 of them (1 in BitW phase).

I don't think GoTF will help much at all. For a 6 minute fight you only get 1 extra TF assuming you hit TF on cooldown. Which you don't do on this fight.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:42 am

Actually I've considered glyphing tiger's fury on the principle that it may allow three uses of tiger's fury per normal phase (which lasts 1 minute exactly). However, the timing is very tight and I found that even fitting in the extra TF at the end I wasn't able to spend most of the energy it granted.

Also, it's typically the case that DoTs update their damage on every tick with respect to debuffs on the target. It is only with respect to buffs on the source that in some cases the DoT only updates on refresh or reapply. But regardless of what happens in general, it is easy to verify that DoTs do not retain their extra damage after feedback wears off, e.g.
Code: Select all
[21:49:28.591] Hagara the Stormbinder gains Feedback from Hagara the Stormbinder
[21:49:28.591] Hagara the Stormbinder casts Feedback
[21:49:31.915] Stenhaldi casts Rake on Hagara the Stormbinder
[21:49:32.261] Stenhaldi Rake Hagara the Stormbinder 21301
[21:49:32.261] Hagara the Stormbinder afflicted by Rake from Stenhaldi
[21:49:35.234] Stenhaldi Rake Hagara the Stormbinder *45635*
[21:49:38.300] Stenhaldi Rake Hagara the Stormbinder 22153
[21:49:41.228] Stenhaldi Rake Hagara the Stormbinder 22153
[21:49:43.647] Hagara the Stormbinder's Feedback fades from Hagara the Stormbinder
[21:49:44.330] Stenhaldi Rake Hagara the Stormbinder *22818*

(asterisks denote a critical effect)

Postby Timidtoast » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:21 am

Dabeasty wrote:How are people doing this one on 10 man heroic?

We are setting up with 1t, 3h (really struggled with 2) and 6d.

We've tried various methods for each phase but it all seems very fiddly.

Boss phase - We generally try to have 3 pairs of ranged/healers take the lances but they seem to struggle
Lightning - Our better strategy seems to be 2x2man teams going clockwise and anticlockwise. Using those who can mitigate some damage. Only seem to cope with 3h here tho.
Ice - Stack heals and ranged in middle, have rest run. Pop into water to drop flake. We tried all running but it wasn't pretty.

Any tips for these phases?

Just got our first kill this week after numerous wipes figuring out our strat. 1 Tank, 3heals, 6dps (melee heavy group)

For Lightning phase we spread players out around the entire platform and our dk tank spread the lightning to me on the left and a rogue on the right, after that the dk and rogue across the platform for the last 2 links while I ran torwards the mid for a tranq (if healers need it first lightning or saved for second lightning). I'll look around again and see if I can't find the image of the rough positioning of players for that phase but it was basically 1 person between each pillar to link it (besides the first). Stenhaldi's link is similar to what we did but not exactly.

For Ice Don't forget that when the wall comes you can dip into the water to go around it and stay on that one till its dead. Personally I liked going to first ice with all the other melee and before the wall can come out sprint to the next one so that way I didn't have random frostflakes to deal with and could easily move around as needed.

the fight overall just comes down to execution by the entire raid. On our kill it actually took my tranq during a 2nd ice phase where I sprinted into the middle to help the healers out (near oom at that point). It took us 2 ice and 2 lightning but a kills a kill. :)

Sorcerer wrote:stay out of any forms and prefered not to use bear form.
It looked like only tauren druids had issue for us
[/quote]

I play a NE Druid and bear form was being flakey for me as well. Cat form has been problem free (besides random fails on the link just not wanting to hit the pillar)
Flying Fire Kitty's FTW!
No beta yet so my knowledge is secondhand. Please don't hold it against me!

Return to Boss Archives