Register

Swipe nerf

Face-rippin fun.

Swipe nerf

Postby Arhat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 pm

How are all you cute little kitty cats feeling about the nerf of Swipe in 4.3? 340% weapon damage down from 415%? that is an 18% nerf (although the 10% increase in AP will mitigate this somewhat.)

Must be said that I am a little grumpy about it:
1. I used the opportunities for a swipefest to keep me in contention for a top or near top place on the dps rankings.
2. It was a nice little sideline to the game to see if I could get an even greater dps for one group encounter - current best is 143k.

Wishing you all success with Dragon Soul ... and I am sure we will all get over the fact that our current hard won gear will be instantly out of date! :D

Revered

Re: Swipe nerf

Postby shinryu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:07 pm

I will miss doing 100k on trash, was fun popping TF+Berserk and slaughtering things. But other than that, it doesn't seem like many fights will need aoe anyways, FL didn't have notable ones unless you were on the ground for Beth or (very wrongly) doing adds on Rhyolith. So meh, while I hate nerfs in general, it's not like it should be that game breaking.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:43 pm

As stated the only time durning a boss fight I personally see the need to swipe in Dragon Soul could be the black ooze adds in the Yor'sahj encounter so if the nerf had to come at least it's at a decent time.

I always felt pretty ehh about fights were rankings were achieved by spamming swipe rather then keeping up with the proper priority system. Even with the nerf I still see fights like Sinestra or Rhyolith top parses belonging to swipe spam kitties; however, it is both happy and sad for trash. Sad no to see insane stupid numbers for hitting 3 buttons (2 of which r off the gcd) and Happy that I will no longer be one shot by stealing aggro over tanks who just had their threat buffed by an insane percentage.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:54 pm

When swipe is useful:
- Yor'sahj on the black adds
- Hagara on ice tombs (not so much on 10-man)
- Spine of Deathwing on corrupted bloods (rarely - only in certain situations do you want to kill several simultaneously)
- Madness of Deathwing on regenerative bloods

Postby Shandrahyl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:19 am

Getting nerfed sucks ofc and we just cant swipe right-away in a suprise-moment like a Shadowpriest for example "Oh loads of adds...mindsear!"..We need to cap some energy and eventually need the TF cd ready. But to be honest the Swipe was to strong. Dunno if the nerf for now is still enough. I could see that in Firelands, especially Ragnaros 10 heroic. The Molten Elemental are almost solod if i got berserk up there.

And isnt it nice to be a Top-DD even if simcraft tells you that you suck? ;) Nerf means just more skill required :D

Gl every1 in DS

Postby Stune » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 am

Ok, I may be wrong here, but I thought that Swipe was at a 600% coefficient on live. The way I understood it was that it was nerfed to 415% in one of the early 4.3 builds and nerfed again to 340% in one of the later builds.

Correct me if I am wrong on that (which I hope that I am, because that would mean it's a much smaller nerf than I am expecting).

Honored

Postby Terias » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:40 am

PTR said 600% to 525% last I checked.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Nerfed swipe isn't terrible; We're still in the same boat we were in before with high burst AoE potential. The numbers being slightly smaller isn't a big deal.

Return to Kitty DPS