Register

DS has some really fun fights

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

DS has some really fun fights

Postby Offbalance » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:23 am

Not sure if this is in the right spot, but these fights are crazy fun as a kitty.

Hagara the Stormbinder: Being able to use Feral Charge almost on CD with just enough time to keep bleeds going and almost perfect timing for TF on the burns. Stampeding Roar when overloading lightning rods (w/e they are called). Our core group is still forming, so we're still failing, but we got her to 3% before we lost our GM/RL to IRL stuff. But even with that upsetting wipe I'm still thinking it was the funnest fight for Feral, that I have done for far.

Yor'sahj the Unsleeping: This guy was fun too. Going after oozes and having the chance to spam some swipe on the black ooze adds. Done side is you gotta go with mangle spam but still a good time.

For anyone that has already completed DS or a few more bosses, is there any others too look forward to?

Revered

Re: DS has some really fun fights

Postby Qbear » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:58 am

glad your loving it so far, always nice to find other people still enjoying the purity of the game.

Check out the FD Utube site for the spine of deathwing fight. You actually got to think of when it is and isn't ok to swipe spam. trying to line up tiger's fury for the right moments makes it a good thinking mans fight.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Done side is you gotta go with mangle spam but still a good time.

Wait, what?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Pretty sure he ment to say "Downside" instead of Done Side.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Pretty sure he ment to say "Downside" instead of Done Side.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone is Mangle Spamming on Yor'sahj the Unsleeping.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:32 pm

I agree, you should always be able to shred. You will have to be running flat out to keep up with the oozes to shred, but can be (and should be) done. When we get 4p, bursting the slimes will be awesome with feral charge + TF = Double Ravage!

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:33 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:I agree, you should always be able to shred. You will have to be running flat out to keep up with the oozes to shred, but can be (and should be) done. When we get 4p, bursting the slimes will be awesome with feral charge + TF = Double Ravage!

I was able to outrun them just fine with just Feral Swiftness IIRC.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:I agree, you should always be able to shred. You will have to be running flat out to keep up with the oozes to shred, but can be (and should be) done. When we get 4p, bursting the slimes will be awesome with feral charge + TF = Double Ravage!

I kept overrunning the oozes and finally started moving side to side to slow down a little. The oozes move at less than 130%, so I am not sure what you are referring to...

Postby Offbalance » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:30 am

Offbalance wrote:Going after oozes and having the chance to spam some swipe on the black ooze adds. Done side is you gotta go with mangle spam but still a good time.

Srry should have read my post more clearly. I meant when the ooze(s) is(are) absorbed, then the other adds come out. Like 10 of them.

And mangle spam, I mean actually on the boss. When you stack up for the burn parts(room goes black and boss just stands there). Do you not have to stack in front of him? If not, gonna have to have a word with my RL :evil:

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Offbalance wrote:
Offbalance wrote:Going after oozes and having the chance to spam some swipe on the black ooze adds. Done side is you gotta go with mangle spam but still a good time.

Srry should have read my post more clearly. I meant when the ooze(s) is(are) absorbed, then the other adds come out. Like 10 of them.

And mangle spam, I mean actually on the boss. When you stack up for the burn parts(room goes black and boss just stands there). Do you not have to stack in front of him? If not, gonna have to have a word with my RL :evil:

There is no part of this fight where you need to be in front of Yor'sahj.

Postby Offbalance » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am

Konungr wrote:There is no part of this fight where you need to be in front of Yor'sahj.

Cool, will get another go around on the fight on Sat. and I will make sure to let them know. Thanks. :D

Postby Mystar » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:27 pm

You have to stand close together, but there is absolutely no reason why you cannot be behind the boss, and still be close for the AOE heals.

Honored

Postby Terias » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:01 pm

For some reason I find these fights a lot more fun than the last tier as well.

I think madness might be the most fun fight in the game so far.

Return to Kitty DPS