Register

Few Question About Feral cat in 4.3

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Few Question About Feral cat in 4.3

Postby Blazzor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:52 pm

hey i just wanted to ask few questions about Feral cats in 4.3 since i been playing a tank untill now and im reroling so here are the questions

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... r/advanced

First of all is the Stat Prio.Currently im going Agi>Mastery>Crit>Haste>hit/exp and i was wondering if this is right or should i reforge into other stats

The second thing is Question about Primal madness. is it worth taking it ? or not. currently im not taking it.

The third thing is. About Tier Is it worth using LFR t13 2set and Heroic t12 2set. or Just keep on using T12 4p untill t13 normal/heroic. Also if it more usefull to use LFR 2p and Heroic 2p. then which parts would i be better of changing.i know the head defo since its 378 but then all other parts are 391 so which one i shall replace.

Thanks for Help

Exalted

Re: Few Question About Feral cat in 4.3

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Your question about secondary stats is answered in a lot of places. You should take some time to read the posts here as there is a lot of useful information in them.

Rather than answer your question about secondary stat reforging, I will simply tell you what I am doing. In general the secondary stats are pretty close in value and as your gear improves, hit and exp are more valuable then they used to be. I try to be at or just below the soft caps for hit and expertise and then try to keep haste, crit and mastery somewhat close together. I am planning on shifting the emphasis slightly in favor of crit for a little extra burst with the current content, but I will still keep the other stats close.

If you want the highest possible dps, then take Primal Madness. It is a dps up.

As for swapping gear, 2pt13+ 2pt12 works fine vs. 4pt12. Your best bet is to check with Mew for specific upgrades to make sure. For example, replacing 2 391 pieces with 2 384 pieces to get the two piece set bonus may not be a dps up, but replacing a 391 and a 378 with two 397 set pieces is a decent dps up (I know, because I just did that).

As for which to upgrade, there is always a question of the most optimum gear set you will ever get vs. what is readily available. Mathematically speaking, the best offset piece is shoulders. But the gain over tier is only 25dps. In may case, my T12 shoulders were 378, so I acquired the 397 tier shoulders as they were available. I was fortunate to get the 397 tier helm also, but I could have replaced any of my other tier 12 pieces for the two piece set bonus without any qualms.

Postby Blazzor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:06 pm

leaf any chance you could explain to me how to set up mew ? cuz i tried today but i was un able to for some reason. :S
i meainly mean that there is only option to import your character where i wanted to try using a cust one with other reforges. is that possible or i need to reforge on live first?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Hey Blazzor.

You should check out wowreforge.com. They will let you import your character and allow you to play around with all of your current reforges. You can then just copy your secondary stats right into mew to see the differences.

Postby HothMonster » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:59 am

Leaf, why do you say primal madness is a dps up? If you are always energy starved before you TF you won't miss the extra 20 points. Also its only one extra shred in berserk, if you land right at 115-120. You don't think the points could be better spent elsewhere?

Teenwerewolf-Stormrage

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:01 am

If you want the highest possible dps, then take Primal Madness. It is a dps up.

Leafs comment is correct.

Leaf, why do you say primal madness is a dps up? If you are always energy starved before you TF you won't miss the extra 20 points. Also its only one extra shred in berserk, if you land right at 115-120. You don't think the points could be better spent elsewhere?

But spent where? The talent is a dps increase. Given it isn't a huge one and does need a little paying attention too. However there are not any other DPS talents available. You could invest in other untility/survivablity talents, if you like, but they won't give you any DPS boosts.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:24 pm

HothMonster wrote:Leaf, why do you say primal madness is a dps up? If you are always energy starved before you TF you won't miss the extra 20 points. Also its only one extra shred in berserk, if you land right at 115-120. You don't think the points could be better spent elsewhere?

Teenwerewolf-Stormrage

In Mew - my current toon with full raid buffs and Primal Madness: 37957
In Mew - my current toon with full raid buffs and no Primal Madness: 37611

It's just math. Primal Madness is showing as a .91% dps increase.

Return to Kitty DPS