Register

Sneaky nerf?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Sneaky nerf?

Postby Dabeasty » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 pm

Has anyone noticed anything weird going on with their DPS tonight?

I did ICC and even with the new 10% bonus my dps was a bit lower than normal if anything.

I then tried VoA 25 and did ridiculously low dps, was down at 8 - 9k from my usual 11k+

I was literally cecking my gear part way through the boss fights thinking Id left my boom gear on! But all looked normal gear wise and buff wise.

Anyone else noticed anything?

Re: Sneaky nerf?

Postby Blufyre » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Not I m'lud. I was my usual slick crapness. I dream of doing 9K dps....one day....

Postby Purecadence » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:19 pm

No dps nerf mate.

My dps last night on deathbringer was 12.9k dps. Which is about a 1200dps increase over last weeks. So i doubt its gone down.

In VOA i dont pull as bigger numbers either on the bosses there.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 am

Probably a raidcomp thing...losing the +20% haste buff can do that to ya. Other then that, I don't know, you'd have to post logs of last week and this week. I haven't raided yet this week...sat bench for our Tuesday night raid since I was feeling a bit sick.

Postby Captain Fizz » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:44 am

Was a post on wow.com which only delved a little into math - But end result was proper raid buffs vs no raid buffs is the equiv of going from ilvl200 blues -> ilvl264 gear.
Utopia is a nice addon that will tell you if you are lacking any buffs (like 20% haste) and if the raid comp has them, if people are keeping them up etc.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Thanks for the replies, it's nice to have somewhere to go and hear from other kitties.

It's interesting, I did 11.4k on saurfang last night when I typically do 11.9k...and most recently on fester I got to 12.5k. I thought I was on a winner with the 10% buff....13k time...clearly the game decided to bring me down to Earth! :-)

I had a real good look at my combat log and it looks like I was just really unlucky with procs, crits and misses. Raid Buffs were all good I think, but I'll defo try that utopia, sounds great. The other fights were all movement ones which tend to vary for me a bit anyway.

As for voa I think you are right, no enhance shammy....plus my paranoia from icc meant I probably spent half the fight checking I didn't have my fishing rod equipped instead of dpsing properly!!

Thanks all

Postby Captain Fizz » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:34 pm

LOL, We've had a 'lock go 4 bosses before he noticed his fishing rod ^^

He was checking armour, trinkets, talents, buffs... Wondering why he wasn't in the top 3 all the way through the raid XD
Sorted it out by half way though. And he can SEE the weap on is char unlike ferals!

Tip top DPS too... 9.8k's been my highest on single target, I generally was the manglebot in ICC though as made bear my main spec again >.>
(Was bear in almost every 10-man & we were lacking tanks at the time on 25)
Well, asides from gimmik fights :P

Return to Kitty DPS