Register

"A more powerful spell is active"

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Postby Facemauler » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:23 am

Has anyone been getting this error recently when trying to refresh Rip early in preparation for a target swap? I noticed it the other day in LFR Deathwing fight and I have since been noticing it more and more. It's not just in Dragon Soul, I was in FL doing Raggy last night and it happened there too, on Raggy, Staghelm, Alys...

I know we used to have this problem in early Wrath, but Blizzard fixed it. Is it possible they broke it again this patch?

Honored

Re: "A more powerful spell is active"

Postby Terias » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:12 am

As far as I know, it's never been fixed.

It's related to temporary attack power (agility) buffs. Lower attack power rips can't overwrite higher attack power rips.

Honored

Postby mekell » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:52 am

Happens to me all the time. Its part of the reason im struggling to get my rip up times higher. It never fails, ill get that and then cant refresh rip right before i am going to have to be off the boss for some reason.

I have TF and Synapse macroed and double pot all the time, so i suspect its one of those two things.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:58 pm

If you are an Engineer, or have Ancient Petrified Seed or Kiroptyric Sigil you will run in to this problem ALL the time. Because I pre-pot, I always have to wait for my first Rip to fall completely off before I can reapply, it sucks, but you should still be able to keep a healthy uptime, just like in Wrath. Just make sure you are managing your energy properly and the second you see Rip down, throw it back up.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:32 am

It's an irritating problem on anything with target switching when you would benefit from dumping your combo points into something more useful than SR, the problem is less with the new 2 set bonus as you will refresh rip with bite anyway.

If you want to never run into the problem remove anything that has an AP proc or buff. Or just reroll warrior, it'll do more damage.

Postby peki » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:02 pm

I already delay how long I take to switch targets, but when for example, on hagara she frozen tempests or lightning storms and i have 5cp wasted on her with rip just falling off, god its infuriating that I cannot override it

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 pm

peki wrote:I already delay how long I take to switch targets, but when for example, on hagara she frozen tempests or lightning storms and i have 5cp wasted on her with rip just falling off, god its infuriating that I cannot override it

Hagara goes immune to all damage during both Lightning Storm and Frozen Temptest, so throwing up a 5pt Rip before you run away is futile, better to use SR or FB.

Postby peki » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 am

ugh, of course..i fucking knew that too

Postby Facemauler » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 am

@ Floofles: Feral4life!!! (even if we are gimped) :twisted:

I just found it weird as I have been using APS a lot in FL (trinkets refused to drop in our raids...) and never really ran into the problem at all. Only now since the patch. Anyway, I finally got my hands on a matrix and have swopped APS out for that, so its all good :)

Postby Kalze » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:38 am

Don't worry you'll start running into it a decent bit with Kiril's as well I presume; only was able to pick one up tonight so we'll have to wait and see if the same thing happens.
[url]www.edgeofgarona.com[/url] - Recruiting exceptional players for Dragon Soul!
Props to XRated for Avatar and Signature.

Return to Kitty DPS