Register

AoE

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

AoE

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:24 am

Swipe burst still seems good on short aoe fights as far as I can tell.

Oddly though, I used to quite enjoy the tab, rake, rip aoe style we used when Swipe was nerfed to useless a while back, so much so that I still do it now at times when I'm bored or there is only 2 or 3 trash up. I found unexpected help for this from the tier bonuses, its now much easier to keep bigger rip dots ticking on multiple mobs if you time it right (the fb extending rip from 60% is great for a tab, rake, FB and the free combo points from a tf ravage come in handy too). I'm having quite a bit of fun seeing how many mobs I can get dotted up and keep dotted!

Honored

Re: AoE

Postby Grenache » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Just curious if you are using Tidy Plates to track the dots on each mob? I have been thinking about setting this up and am wondering if its worth it.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 pm

I cannot see any fights where doing this would be a DPS gain, you could make a Mew script to test it out though if you're looking for concrete numbers, but overall this seems to be a bit pointless.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 am

I was going to set this up for my warlock anyway, and was curious about how it would work for feral. Might be ok for 2 targets. Doesn't the Swipe advantage kick in at 3 mobs? Or is it 4 or more nowdays since the nerf?

Postby dak » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:41 am

Something related to this came up to me yesterday when dpsing on Warmaster Blackhorn.
The general idea on my servers is to tank the 2 melee ads close together in order to allow for melees to "cleave". I was wondering what this meant for a cat as we do not have an ability that can 2 mobs at once (let alone berserk mangle in bear and glyphed maul). So after the raid i went to the 2 raid target dummies to test out how much dps i can deliver by just keeping mangle, rip and rake up on 2 targets and i was suprised how well it went, compared to my usual single target dps. But i would still have to test it on the encounter itself. My question is might this improve my dps or should i stick to single target damage?

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:53 am

Grenache - I do use Tidyplates yeah.

Floofles - Tbh I just do it for something more interesting to do than Swipe, on trash that doesn't matter anyway. However, on all the small trash packs I find it works better than swipe since they tend to live long enough to justify it. So unless there is a strong need to single target nuke them down in turn this keeps me entertained :)

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:50 pm

dak wrote:Something related to this came up to me yesterday when dpsing on Warmaster Blackhorn.
The general idea on my servers is to tank the 2 melee ads close together in order to allow for melees to "cleave". I was wondering what this meant for a cat as we do not have an ability that can 2 mobs at once (let alone berserk mangle in bear and glyphed maul). So after the raid i went to the 2 raid target dummies to test out how much dps i can deliver by just keeping mangle, rip and rake up on 2 targets and i was suprised how well it went, compared to my usual single target dps. But i would still have to test it on the encounter itself. My question is might this improve my dps or should i stick to single target damage?

Seriously? You should roll a warrior if this is for serious.

Postby Jqar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Konungr wrote:
dak wrote:Something related to this came up to me yesterday when dpsing on Warmaster Blackhorn.

Seriously? You should roll a warrior if this is for serious.

wow, you tell someone to reroll a warrior, so original...

But regarding what he wrote, you wont see much more than 40k dps with berserk mangle/maul, think that is what i was on when i tanked it on normal once, so youre most likely going to see more dps if you rake/rip both adds effectively or stick to one target, though its preferable to have someone else apply FF/sunder if you want to try this multidotting stuff, still, you shouldnt bring a feral for Warmaster Blackhorn(heroic atleast), stack full ranged, at worst, bring a rogue. With 3 healers, 2 tanks, the adds die too fast anyways, so there is always idle time, and ranged is more flexible, melee will just die like they always do on every boss (hagara ftw). I've also tested some multidotting on dummies like you did, but that was by having 4set and switching target every 28 sec, not sure if you would benefit that much from pushing the multidotting more than that, It seemed like a decent dps increase to me, but I were not testing with very strict conditions.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Since you won't have vengence or be getting hit you won't be able to keep your rage high enough for a zerk mangle maul spam. If you somehow managed to keep a full rage bar for this on target dummies then I'm impressed.

If you did manage to over take aggro from the fact your in bear form trying to max dps you'd most likely die as I assume you don't have the crit talent from thick hide. Which of course would limit your damage further.

Back in T11 I'd multi dot on 2 targets on a fight like council and it was an increase. Back then everyone stacked mastery so while I have no math or proof whatsoever, I assume this would still be an increase on 2 targets if your still running a mastery set. Most likely still an increase for haste set ups.

But please no bear.

Return to Kitty DPS