Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

easy question.

Postby October » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Normal Spire or LFR Kiril?

Re: easy question.

Postby Thunderhorn » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Some very quick napkin math tells me that the normal spire wins

The spire has +506 agi ( with a blue quality gem) and ~600 secondary stats and +56 weapon dps

The LFR kiril has +455 agi and the proc according to some very quick math is equal to about 200 agi

Which gives:

Kiril vs. Spire
+147 agi -(600 seconday stats + 56 weapon dps) = relative value of weapons

~588 DPS - (900+364) = 676 dps in favour of the spire

**All calculation are based off my deluded understanding of feral stats YMMV

Postby October » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Hurrah. Thanks!

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:56 am

I had both too and ran it through Mew - got more or less the same result as mentioned above - Spire better by several hundred dps (for me). Normal Kiril though, then beat Spire by about 800 (again, for me).

Postby Thunderhorn » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:56 am

Bear in mind that this is based off of my understanding of the proc. I do not have the weapon yet so I can;t confirm this. But people say it has a 55 second icd. Now to me that means 20 seconds of proc and 55 of no proc for 75 seconds. If it means 20 seconds of proc and 35 seconds of no proc then the value of the agility proc goes up to closer to 250, but that should still leave the Spire in the lead, just by a lesser margin.

Postby Paramount » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:13 am

An item's ICD begins as soon as it procs. Therefore, if the polearm does indeed have a 55 second internal cooldown it would then behave as 20 seconds of agility followed by 35 seconds without. After the total 55 seconds has elapsed the item becomes eligble to proc again, based on it's given mechanic. Most of the time items are tuned in such a way that they generally proc within 3-6 seconds after the ICD wears off, which would roughly translate to a 30-35% uptime for this particular proc.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:56 pm

I can confirm Paramount's findings. On my Zon'ozz kill this week I had a 35% uptime on the proc. Because there is so much running around and target switching it could come out slightly higher on a patchwork fight.

Postby October » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:39 pm

Sweet. Thanks for the help

This is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... r/advanced

if there's anything else I'm doing that would cause y'all to punch me in the face, please do let me know. :)

Postby October » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:39 am

Got the tier gloves tonight. I'm rocking the LFR pants and shoulders, and swapping one of them out for their heroic FL equivalent.

Currently going with the legs, 'cause i love mastery. Good idea?

Postby Paramount » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:44 am

October wrote:Got the tier gloves tonight. I'm rocking the LFR pants and shoulders, and swapping one of them out for their heroic FL equivalent.

Currently going with the legs, 'cause i love mastery. Good idea?

Assuming a purely min/max point of view (without regard to secondary stat preference), I would be inclined to recommend switching those two. The reason being that the T13 legs are way over budget on secondary stats.
If you were to use the T13 legs (gemmed for socket bonus) and the H T12 shoulders instead (bonus ignored), you would only lose 3 agility but you would gain 77 secondary stats by comparison.

Also, you may want to sim the difference between 22 agility enchant on your cloak and 65 crit. By most accounts it seems to be an upgrade.
Bazinga

Postby October » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:34 am

Paramount wrote:If you were to use the T13 legs (gemmed for socket bonus) and the H T12 shoulders instead (bonus ignored), you would only lose 3 agility but you would gain 77 secondary stats by comparison.

Didn't see that. Hasty feral is hasty. Thanks for the help! ^^

Paramount wrote:Also, you may want to sim the difference between 22 agility enchant on your cloak and 65 crit. By most accounts it seems to be an upgrade.

I've read in a few places that 22 agi's a better idea, but i can understand how it wouldn't be. I'm on a mac, so i'm not sure how to sim it.... >.<

Postby maxmaxima » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:54 pm

@Paramount - You said
the T13 legs are way over budget on secondary stats

What do you mean by over budget? English isn't my native tongue. Thanks

Postby Paramount » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:18 pm

I mean that depending on the slot a piece of gear is in, there is generally an accepted amount of secondary stats on the item in total. So all the stats that are not Agility, Strength, or Intellect would add together to total some predetermined number or something that is close to it. Chests and Legs usually get the most, with Helm, Shoulders, and Boots not far behind and so on. It just so happens with the Feral T13 Legs that they have a very large amount of secondary stats on them, meaning by using those instead of his current option he can gain a not-insignificant number of Haste/Crit/Mastery.

I hope that helps clear up your understanding.
Bazinga

Postby maxmaxima » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:48 pm

I actually meant literally :)
I know it sounds a bit silly and off topic but this discussion is of value to me and I can't figure out whether it's meant in the positive as in plenty good stats? or the negative as in costing too much for what it is?

Honored

Postby adianar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 pm

It appears he meant in the positive. An overabundance of secondary stats..

Adi

Return to Kitty DPS