Register

Addons we use (subtitle: Are you ALL using Ovale?)

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Addons we use (subtitle: Are you ALL using Ovale?)

Postby Sibylle » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:09 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and right now I'm as excited as I was when I first started playing WoW. To skip to the actual topic of my post, just read on at the next paragraph, but I'd just like to say hi and it's great to find a community of like-minded ferocious ferals. So, hi! I'm Sibylle and I am a compulsive kitty. My feral druid was my first-ever WoW character but I shelved her at the beginning of Cata in favour of others (for several, boring reasons). Now I had some free time around christmas and dusted her off - in all her iLevel 333 glory - and I think I'd forgotten just how much FUN it is to play kitty! Here I am, with a progression-raiding priest, and all I do is gear up my druid alt, haha. I'm at the stage where I'm still grasping the Cata basics while forgetting to pop trinkets etc. Still, I reached gear level 372 for raid finder this week and while I did pretty terrible on the target-switching fights, I managed a decent-ish 36.8k dps on Zon'ozz. And I've fallen in love with the spec, and the game, all over again.

Here's the actual topic (finally) :D

I'd like to know which addons you use, and I mean combat-related addons for your kitty, not every recount and action-bar replacement. I saw the Ovale-Script sticky and I'm bowled over by the amount of work and dedication put into it - hats off, and yet... I have a dislike for addons that suggest rotation. Does "everyone" run with Ovale and I'm the odd one out?

Right now I run with Class Timer for DoTs and Savage Roar, Combo Points Redux (to keep track of CPs, obviously), and Power Auras. I do have a problem with the latter, though - I'm not a very technical person and while I manage to set up Power Auras for when abilities become available etc, I haven't figured out yet how to get an Aura when a trinket is off cooldown. If anyone would have a screenshot of such an aura, I'd be most grateful.

So, what do you guys use?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Re: Addons we use (subtitle: Are you ALL using Ovale?)

Postby Sibylle » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:39 am

Ah, feck... First post and already a blunder - I just spotted the Addon forum, hmph. Masters of the forum, feel free to move my topic and please don't hate me too much :?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:19 pm

I personally use DroodFocus, and only sometimes turn Ovale on. I like DroodFocus the best because it has the exact features I want to use in a easily configurable state that doesn't require Lua knowledge to edit.

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=19080

Honored

Postby Grenache » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:15 pm

I use Ovale and Need To Know, and have been trialling Droodfocus on my other feral.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks, guys! I didn't even know Droodfocus... goes to show how out of it I am. Will go and have a look :)
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 pm

I think Droodfocus is gonna be out of date, unless Konungr bugged someone to save it lol...

But yeah, I actually think many people don't use Ovale at all (since some people dislike the whole "telling you what to do" thing), but I use and love it.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Drood Focus still works with the current release. There is a slight modification you will need to make if you want the BITW 2p to show up. Other then that it should continue to work until 5.0. By then I hope someone will have been able to take up the mantle.

Honored

Postby Rarge » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:22 pm

I use Power Auras Classic for almost everything (CDs, Buff timers, Debuff timers, BiTW 2PC) and DF as an energy meter which I am looking to replace.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:07 am

Rarge wrote:I use Power Auras Classic for almost everything (CDs, Buff timers, Debuff timers, BiTW 2PC) and DF as an energy meter which I am looking to replace.

Rarge, have you any experience with Power Auras for trinket cooldowns? I tried "Action Usable" but that didn't work so I'm a little stumped.
-Sibylle

Honored

Postby Floofles » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:47 pm

default UI + pitbull

Postby Paramount » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:25 pm

I have used Feral By Night since day one. I had to configure some things because the options are there to display a lot of useless information or even a move suggestor, which I agree is too unhealthy to be reliable. Problem is that it's long-since-actively-maintained and I'll likely be one of the last rats to get off a sinking ship. I have no idea what direction to go for the next expansion but I should probably start testing other addons in the near future.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Honored

Postby Rarge » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Sibylle wrote:
Rarge wrote:I use Power Auras Classic for almost everything (CDs, Buff timers, Debuff timers, BiTW 2PC) and DF as an energy meter which I am looking to replace.

Rarge, have you any experience with Power Auras for trinket cooldowns? I tried "Action Usable" but that didn't work so I'm a little stumped.

The trinket has to be somewhere on your action bars for it to work with Action Usable, then you just put the name of the trinket in the Spell name bit.

Postby peki » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 am

i just use powa auras for debuffs, buffs and cds, im sure i could just use the consolidated droodfocus, but I am having trouble getting used to it

Postby calbrin » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:12 am

Rarge wrote:
Sibylle wrote:

The trinket has to be somewhere on your action bars for it to work with Action Usable, then you just put the name of the trinket in the Spell name bit.

In power auras for Activation by select "Equipment slots" a box will appear, select the trinket slot. Turn on your timer. make sure "show time since activation" is disabled. This is what i use for my Kiroptyric Sigil CD. Goodluck !

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:05 am

calbrin wrote:
Rarge wrote:
Sibylle wrote:Rarge, have you any experience with Power Auras for trinket cooldowns? I tried "Action Usable" but that didn't work so I'm a little stumped.

In power auras for Activation by select "Equipment slots" a box will appear, select the trinket slot. Turn on your timer. make sure "show time since activation" is disabled. This is what i use for my Kiroptyric Sigil CD. Goodluck !

Thank you both! Right now I have both trinkets on my action bars anyway, so I guess I'll go with that option - if they ever get too crowded to leave space for trinkets I can always try the option with equipment slot. Power Auras rock!

P.S. Got a few more gear drops, up to 41k dps on Zon'ozz now... Yes I'm still a noob and in noob gear, but in LFR I don't look all that bad :D
-Sibylle

Postby Kasprodeth » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Personally I only use DroodFocus, I think its great at telling you everything you need to know

Return to Addons / UI