Register

Regarding Feral T13 2set bonus, Can't figure if bad or great

Face-rippin fun.

Regarding Feral T13 2set bonus, Can't figure if bad or great

Postby Malkishua » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:29 am

Hello everyone.

I've been playing Feral for a very long time, trying to always fight my way up the damage meters in order to show that feral is indeed viable for raiding, though always having trouble with that, like the rest of you (32k on Ultraxion with 389 ilvl w/o 4set yet, as indication).

So recently I've got my hands on the second tier bonus. At first I was VERY excited, because frankly, as I thought about it, it means a potion + trinket procced Rip ticking down from 60%, BUT from what I've read here, biting doesn't refresh the current rip on the target, it RENEWS it, with a snapshot of my current stats.

So let's think this through for a second;
I have a Tiger'd Furied Rip (+15% damage) going down on my normal rotation 100% of the time. Never EVER falls. it refreshes the second TF's CD is up.
With the bonus, I lose the tigers fury Rip after a mere.. what, 2-4 seconds of ticking? you bite pretty fast, especially when you force a bite on the 5th second of TF for extra damage.

So whats the point of the 2set bonus if you are not able to keep a TF'd Rip on the target? Rip is our MAIN SOURCE of damage.
I know biting adds DPS and makes our rotation, tbh, pretty laughable from being a bit more calculated and serious, but I still don't understand how this boosts our dps.

Either people on the forum wronged me, and it does refresh, and NOT renew, or I'm missng something here.

Thanks!

Honored

Re: Regarding Feral T13 2set bonus, Can't figure if bad or g

Postby mekell » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:43 am

Pretty sure your statement is accurate. It will look at your current stats every time you refresh it. The one thing it will NOT due is use the combo points from your FB. If you accidentally put a 4CP rip on the target and then refreshed it with FB, its still a 4cp rip.

Personally, I just hold off FBing until more of rip has ticked off. Because i double pot anyways, the boss isnt low enough health for the first set to refresh it anyways, the 2nd one though, i usually have to be more careful.

I am not sure how much of a dps swing it is either way, but i am trying to be aware of when my last TF+POT+Synapse rip was so that i dont refresh it earlier than i need to with the 2pc.

Some higher end raiders and theory crafters here may have more input, i know this isnt the first time this has been brought up.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:03 am

I assume you must be using TF Glyph if you have 100% Rip/TF uptime... Use a different glyph, Bloodletting is better, Mangle on Ultraxion, and then you can have 50% uptime on Rake/TF and gain the huge DPS increase of T13 2PC.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:24 pm

The short version: The bonus is great!

The long version: A TF'd Rip is cool. You don't want to overwrite a TF'd Rip with a less powerful hitting Rip. However a full energy 5p FB will do more damage then the extra 15% damage for every Rip tic combined. Even if you had 3 crits in a row to give 5 combo points right after a TF'd Rip, it will get at least 4 tics off.

You will gain damage by using FB over letting a TF'd Rip tic to duration.

Honored

Postby mekell » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Good to know, i will stop prolonging the FB then.

Postby Rawf » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Just to add, if you have TF up when you bite, it will put up a TF'd rip.

If you want to absolutely max your dps sub 60% then, with a rip up, keep 5cp biting until TF is up then TF and bite. This is the best time to refresh your SR (pref 3-4cp because 3cp is 32 seconds). Then continue 5cp biting until TF is back up and repeat.

This keeps TF'd rip up for as long as possible and doesn't waste CP's. But it has no room for error so it's difficult to do (I don't bother).

2p is awesome.

Return to Kitty DPS