Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's 4.3 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Here is what Yawning modeled in Mew:
Code: Select all
   // Keep Demoralizing Roar up.
   if (!status.isDemoralizingRoarUp())
      return Action.DEMORALIZINGROAR;

// Mangle if it's off cooldown and Infected Wounds is not up (Extremely minor mitigation gain)
   if (status.getMangleCD() == 0.0 && rage >= status.getMangleCost() && !status.isInfectedWoundsUp())
      return Action.MANGLE;

// Pulverize is a mitigation buff with 2T13.
   // Note: The following conditionals are a fairly massive DPS hit.
   if (status.hasTier_13_2pc() && status.hasPulverize() && !status.isPulverizeUp()) {
      // Get Lacerate up to 3 stacks.
      if (status.getLacerateStacks() < 3 && rage >= status.getLacerateCost())
         return Action.LACERATE;

// Pulverize duh.
      if (rage >= status.getPulverizeCost())
         return Action.PULVERIZE;
   }

// Faerie Fire if it's not up.
   if (status.getFeralFFCD() == 0.0 && status.shouldFF() && (status.getFeralFFStacks() < 3 || status.getFeralFFRemaining() <= 1.5))
      return Action.FERALFF;

// Mangle if it's off cooldown.
   if (status.getMangleCD() == 0.0 && rage >= status.getMangleCost())
      return Action.MANGLE;

// More 2T12 related Pulverize maintenance stuff.
   if (status.hasTier_13_2pc() && status.hasPulverize() && status.isPulverizeUp()) {
      int lacerateStacks = status.getLacerateStacks();
      double lacerateRemaining = status.getLacerateRemaining();
      double pulverizeRemaining = status.getPulverizeRemaining();

// The gain here is infinitesimally small, so it's not worth it.
//      if (lacerateRemaining < pulverizeRemaining && rage >= status.getLacerateCost())
//         return Action.LACERATE;

// It's ideal to actually be able to Pulverize right as it falls off, so ensure that we have Lacerate preped.
      // Note: Parameters are set up for 0 hit/exp.  The 0.33 is to account for miss/parries.  It's possible to decrease this but
      // it's doesn't matter much.
      if (lacerateStacks < 3 && pulverizeRemaining < (1.5 + 0.33) * (3 - lacerateStacks + 1) && rage >= status.getLacerateCost())
         return Action.LACERATE;
   }

// Lacerate if it's not up.
   if (status.getLacerateStacks() < 1 && rage >= status.getLacerateCost())
      return Action.LACERATE;

// Thrash if it's off cooldown.
   if (status.getThrashCD() == 0.0 && rage >= status.getThrashCost())
      return Action.THRASH;

// Pulverize to keep the 9% crit buff up.
   if (status.canPulverize() && status.getPulverizeRemaining() <= 3.0 && status.getLacerateStacks() == 3 && rage >= status.getPulverizeCost())
      return Action.PULVERIZE;

// Lacerate if less than 3 stacks.
   if (status.getLacerateStacks() < 3 && rage >= status.getLacerateCost())
      return Action.LACERATE;

// Faerie Fire if it's off cooldown.
   if (status.getFeralFFCD() == 0.0 && status.shouldFF())
      return Action.FERALFF;

// Well, fuck.  I guess I'll Lacerate.
   if (rage >= status.getLacerateCost())
      return Action.LACERATE;

// Swipe if it's off cooldown. (Not Reached)
   if (status.getSwipeCD() == 0.0 && rage >= status.getSwipeCost())
      return Action.SWIPE;

return null;

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Leafkiller wrote:Here is what Yawning modeled in Mew:

Ok, that's a little more complicated than I did (that will do more thrashes once you're actually up and running so its slightly better).

This is placed immediately after Berserk code.
        if CheckBoxOn(pulv) {
            if CheckBoxOn(demo) and TargetDebuffExpires(lowerphysicaldamage 1) {
                Spell(DEMOROAR)
            }
            if TargetDebuffExpires(INFECTEDWOUNDS mine=1) {
                 Spell(MANGLEBEAR)
            }
            if BuffExpires(PULVERIZEBUFF 1) {
                if TargetDebuffExpires(LACERATE stacks=3) {
                    Spell(LACERATE)
                }
                if TargetDebuffPresent(LACERATE stacks=3) {
                    Spell(PULVERIZE)
                }
            }
        }

This is placed After Mangle and Before demo in the normal rotation:
        if CheckBoxOn(pulv) {
            unless TargetDebuffPresent(LACERATE stacks=3) {
                if TargetDebuffPresent(LACERATE stacks=2) and BuffExpires(PULVERIZEBUFF 1.83) {
                    Spell(LACERATE)
                }
                if BuffExpires(PULVERIZEBUFF 3.66) {
                    Spell(LACERATE)
                }
            }
        }

This is placed somewhere in your Define Section:
Define(INFECTEDWOUNDS 58180) #bear

This is placed somewhere in the Check Box Section:
AddCheckBox(pulv "Prioritize Pulverize" default mastery=2)

Postby Fudge » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Absolutely loving the script and thanks for all the hard work. Now, a question: How can I remove the second "main attack" bar for kitty only?

Postby Butters » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Greetings.

I am trying this code out as I have switched from Balance to Feral.
One question, do I copy & paste the entire script as is?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Butters wrote:Greetings.

I am trying this code out as I have switched from Balance to Feral.
One question, do I copy & paste the entire script as is?

Yes.

Postby Blazzor » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:34 am

Hey i started to use the script again today since im back to cat once again and im wondering why does it tell me to use SR before Rip is applied?

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Blazzor wrote:Hey i started to use the script again today since im back to cat once again and im wondering why does it tell me to use SR before Rip is applied?

Because they are both important. Last time I used the script it tells you to apply SR as soon as you have any number of Combo Points, but switches to Rip if you get to 5. Read here.

Postby Evil » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:19 pm

@Leaf:

You have to change this dude:

# 4.3.7.4 01/13/2011 Change to Rip/SR desync code to make it logically closer to Mew script (covers an extra 4 second window)
# 4.3.7 01/12/2011 Update logic to help avoid clipping Ravage! (based on yawning changes to Mew script)

to

# 4.3.7.4 01/13/2012 Change to Rip/SR desync code to make it logically closer to Mew script (covers an extra 4 second window)
# 4.3.7 01/12/2012 Update logic to help avoid clipping Ravage! (based on yawning changes to Mew script)

You made the changes in 2012, arent you? ;D

I'm a coder myself, so I also look at the comment parts. :D

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:09 pm

It is just a vicious rumor. At least I put in comments...

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:15 pm

And the comments were free of swearing, and disparaging remarks. I think Leaf went above and beyond here.

Postby Puna » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Leaf travels time to code like a boss. What you got?

Postby Heiki » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:38 am

Dear LeafKiller!

First of all , thx to made this awesome script !
I have got a "problem" with it. I made a "hybrid" talent yesterday http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Uc01!!SbkYWQaZhSW!bYT!aZYVlmnLs and when I changed form the script didnt handle the Stampade talent (1/2) and the T13 Fury rake effects.

Can you tell me which part of the script control it ?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Heiki wrote:Dear LeafKiller!

First of all , thx to made this awesome script !
I have got a "problem" with it. I made a "hybrid" talent yesterday http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Uc01!!SbkYWQaZhSW!bYT!aZYVlmnLs and when I changed form the script didnt handle the Stampade talent (1/2) and the T13 Fury rake effects.

Can you tell me which part of the script control it ?

I am only looking for the Stampede buff ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81022 ) procs which is what you get with two talent points.
You would have to look for the Stampede buff ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81021 ) procs which happen with one talent point.

This was a conscious choice. I can't guarantee the script is optimized with only one point in Stampede. If you are truly looking for a hybrid offtank spec, then you could consider dropping points from Infected Wounds and getting a second point in Stampede (that is what I did). If you are main tanking you have no need of a hybrid spec as you will not be going into cat form, and if you are the alt tank, then you should expect the main tank to be providing the attack slowing debuff to the mobs.

Postby Heiki » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:10 pm

ThX, I will try it.

Postby Mythikas » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 am

Hi Leaf,
I have been using your script for a while and I recently got this issue switching from one version of the script to the other. It seems like Ovale does not recognise that I have the 2 piece T13 BUT sees the 4 piece as I get revenge suggestions after using TF.
I only get FB suggestion sub 25% like it should work without the setbonus, tried a few things like reload uis and such, respecing in and out of it, removiong my 4 piece and putting it back on, nothing works, I cant seem to get my 2 piece detection back. Care to take a look at my armory and tell me if there might be something wrong preventing ovale to work properly?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... s/advanced

Thank you

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Mythikas wrote:Hi Leaf,
I have been using your script for a while and I recently got this issue switching from one version of the script to the other. It seems like Ovale does not recognise that I have the 2 piece T13 BUT sees the 4 piece as I get revenge suggestions after using TF.
I only get FB suggestion sub 25% like it should work without the setbonus, tried a few things like reload uis and such, respecing in and out of it, removiong my 4 piece and putting it back on, nothing works, I cant seem to get my 2 piece detection back. Care to take a look at my armory and tell me if there might be something wrong preventing ovale to work properly?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... s/advanced

Thank you

It won't work if you are using an old version of Ovale (although it would have to be a version that is pretty old as the Ovale support for T13 set recognition came out in December). Prior to that I think I coded it with a toggle. Can you update to the latest Ovale and let me know if you are still seeing a problem? I have not noticed any issues and I would be pretty surprised if a regression has occurred in this area of the code. It is a single line in my script and I just checked the latest Ovale code and the item numbers for the T13 are there (all 15 of them).

Postby Geropy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi Leaf,

I just started using your script recently and I think it's great. I do have one point where I'm confused though.

According to your script, if SR is down, you should always refresh it before re-applying Rip if you have less than 5 CP. However, it seems like there would be situations where this is a DPS loss.

For example, when you open on a mob and both Mangle and Rake crit, you will have 4 CPs and SR and Rip will both be down. There are 2 things you could do in this situation:

A) SR, build 5 more CPs, then Rip (what your script suggests)
B) Build 1 CP, Rip, build 1 CP, SR

When choosing option A, you will have about 12 seconds of Rip downtime while building up 5 more CPs.
When choosing option B, you will have about 2 seconds of Rip downtime and maybe about 5 sec of SR downtime.

So when choosing option A, you're choosing to lose 10 secs of Rip in order to gain 5 secs of SR. Considering that Rip is worth about twice as much DPS as SR, this definitely seems like the wrong decision, even when considering the increased duration that your SR will have.

I did some quick math and it seems like the SR refresh check should look something like this (exact numbers probably not accurate):

if ComboPoints(more 0) and BuffExpires(SAVAGEROAR 2) unless {ComboPoints(more 2) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 6 mine=1)} {Spell(SAVAGEROAR)}

Does this seem right to you, or is there something I'm missing?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Geropy wrote:Hi Leaf,

I just started using your script recently and I think it's great. I do have one point where I'm confused though.

According to your script, if SR is down, you should always refresh it before re-applying Rip if you have less than 5 CP. However, it seems like there would be situations where this is a DPS loss.

For example, when you open on a mob and both Mangle and Rake crit, you will have 4 CPs and SR and Rip will both be down. There are 2 things you could do in this situation:

A) SR, build 5 more CPs, then Rip (what your script suggests)
B) Build 1 CP, Rip, build 1 CP, SR

When choosing option A, you will have about 12 seconds of Rip downtime while building up 5 more CPs.
When choosing option B, you will have about 2 seconds of Rip downtime and maybe about 5 sec of SR downtime.

So when choosing option A, you're choosing to lose 10 secs of Rip in order to gain 5 secs of SR. Considering that Rip is worth about twice as much DPS as SR, this definitely seems like the wrong decision, even when considering the increased duration that your SR will have.

I did some quick math and it seems like the SR refresh check should look something like this (exact numbers probably not accurate):

if ComboPoints(more 0) and BuffExpires(SAVAGEROAR 2) unless {ComboPoints(more 2) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 6 mine=1)} {Spell(SAVAGEROAR)}

Does this seem right to you, or is there something I'm missing?

You are missing measurement. SR is recommended because in simulations it is higher dps to follow that priority. When Cata first came out, the rules were reversed, and SR was lower in priority than Rip. As for the math, yes you are missing something, but you won't find it staring at numbers or doing napkin calculations. The interactions of the abilities are quite complex and if you want to understand why something measures higher, your best bet is to do simulations with different rotations and then compare the reporting that Mew does. Then you will see what the actual dependencies are and from there you can build a better mathematical model. As for the specific test you are suggesting, I can only say that I have tried all sorts of conditionals on when to use SR in Mew and the Ovale script is using the one that measured out best. I won't claim I tried everything (not even close) nor will I claim that your idea is incorrect. However, my inclination to test your suggestion is low as it does not look much different from things I did test, and even if it is slightly better, my guess is that it would not be enough to matter. If you are motivated enough, download Mew, and implement the changes you are suggesting in the script and test them. As you can read the Ovale script (pseudo-LUA) I am guessing you can handle the Java based Mew combat script. If you find that you can improve the dps with some changes, let me know and I will both ensure that the changes are included in the default Mew script and also reflected in the Ovale script.

Postby Phillipé » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:26 am

Hi, I've just got a quick question for you - I downloaded Ovale and replaced the code with your script, since I did that the buttons refuse to show any of my moves, so I'm stuck with blank suggestions / cds etc.

It's not displaying any LUA errors either which is why I bother to ask.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Phillipé wrote:Hi, I've just got a quick question for you - I downloaded Ovale and replaced the code with your script, since I did that the buttons refuse to show any of my moves, so I'm stuck with blank suggestions / cds etc.

I don't know what to say to you since I don't have that issue. It is likely you are doing something wrong, but I don't know what it could be. Did you follow the instructions as described in this blog post: http://murlocparliament.com/2010/10/27/ ... r-dummies/ ?

Postby Phillipé » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
Phillipé wrote:Hi, I've just got a quick question for you - I downloaded Ovale and replaced the code with your script, since I did that the buttons refuse to show any of my moves, so I'm stuck with blank suggestions / cds etc.

I don't know what to say to you since I don't have that issue. It is likely you are doing something wrong, but I don't know what it could be. Did you follow the instructions as described in this blog post: http://murlocparliament.com/2010/10/27/ ... r-dummies/ ?

Yes, I initially installed it through Curse Client and then followed your instructions as per (bar in the optional choice of hiding in combat as I ovale a part of my UI) the optional choices to only show in combat / targetting an enemy. When I did that, the buttons of Ovale refused to show any moves / tracking so I removed Ovale + my settings for it, reinstalled and it began showing buttons again - until I changed to your script again.

Postby Geropy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:44 pm

Since I'm stuck in a hotel room by myself, I tested my idea in Mew and this is what I found so far:

1) My SR refresh strategy is a significant DPS loss during bloodlust. The extra haste throws my conditions out of whack.
2) However, if there is no bloodlust and the SR/rip sync code is removed, my strategy produces a very slight DPS increase depending on your mastery relative to haste. If implemented, this method would have to be ignored during BL.
3) It seems as though the main reason why the DPS increase is so small is that the situation where the strategies differs occurs seldomly over a tank and spank fight. However, when I shortened the fight to 35 secs without berserk, BL or shattering throw, my method increased DPS by about 1-2%. This implies that this strategy would work better during target switching or when spending significant time off the boss.

Considering that the numbers I used in my SR refresh condition are rough estimates, I think that there may be potential there. I'll probably do more tests later.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:06 am

Geropy wrote:Since I'm stuck in a hotel room by myself, I tested my idea in Mew and this is what I found so far:

1) My SR refresh strategy is a significant DPS loss during bloodlust. The extra haste throws my conditions out of whack.
2) However, if there is no bloodlust and the SR/rip sync code is removed, my strategy produces a very slight DPS increase depending on your mastery relative to haste. If implemented, this method would have to be ignored during BL.
3) It seems as though the main reason why the DPS increase is so small is that the situation where the strategies differs occurs seldomly over a tank and spank fight. However, when I shortened the fight to 35 secs without berserk, BL or shattering throw, my method increased DPS by about 1-2%. This implies that this strategy would work better during target switching or when spending significant time off the boss.

Considering that the numbers I used in my SR refresh condition are rough estimates, I think that there may be potential there. I'll probably do more tests later.

Interesting - the implication is that SR is more valuable than Rip on a short lived (<=35 second) fight. You might want to test that against BiTW also, as BiTW will increase the value of Rip (at least on fights where Rip will be able to run its course and be refreshed - most likely 35+ seconds). The Berserk/BL suggests that it does not make much difference when combo points are easy to come by - which is what one would expect.

Postby Caylaura » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 am

Has anyone experience FF being suggested like a finisher while in Bear form? I tried turning off FF in the options and it doesn't suggest it through out the pull, but once a mob gets low on health it consistently suggests to use it.

The other question I have and forgive me I know little about Ovale or scripts, is this script some how responsible for the overall appearance? In particular the suggested ability is displayed as an icon, but it also has a frame surrounding the suggested abilities which I don't like and wanted to remove.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Caylaura wrote:Has anyone experience FF being suggested like a finisher while in Bear form? I tried turning off FF in the options and it doesn't suggest it through out the pull, but once a mob gets low on health it consistently suggests to use it.

The other question I have and forgive me I know little about Ovale or scripts, is this script some how responsible for the overall appearance? In particular the suggested ability is displayed as an icon, but it also has a frame surrounding the suggested abilities which I don't like and wanted to remove.

Second question first. The addon Masque will allow you to customize the look of the frames. You can find it on Curse.

For a bear FF does damage and is a good source of Threat gen. The current bear script is based on an optimized threat gen rotation that was refined in Mew. There is nothing in the script that will suggest FF more often when the mob has low health. There are two cases where you could see FF suggested:

1. You have enabled the FF option, and someone else is overwriting your armor debuff with one that is not fully stacked (Expose Armor, Sunder Armor). I often run with a prot warrior, and if I don't disable FF (in cat or bear) I will see it pop on and off because sometimes Sunder falls off and he has to restack it.

2. You are low on Rage or there is nothing else to do (i.e. Mangle is on cooldown, Lacerate is stacked to three, Pulverize is not expiring in the next 3 seconds, and Thrash is on cooldown).

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS