Register

Skarnu Ovale Druid Script - All PvE Specs [4.2 Beta Release]

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Skarnu Ovale Druid Script - All PvE Specs [4.2 Beta Rele

Postby Svartalf » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm just starting balance dps (I'm usually a healer) and I'm finding this script (and Ovale) very helpful; thanks for your work on it.

I was getting the LUA errors as well; I tracked them down to line 506 in ovale/conditions.lua , where its trying to get a translation of "target". I changed that line to use v directly, and the LUA errors went away.

--

I was getting some speed issues with the script (like pauses when an eclipse is about to happen), so I split it into a balance only version; the pauses went away and it executes very smoothly. I suspect there's some Ovale performance issues with having a script as large as the combined script which don't show up in a smaller script.

Postby Spritzup » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey Svartalf,

I'm glad that the script is helping you! It's unfortunate that I'm not playing balance anymore (and with any luck never again :P), so I don't know how much the script will be updated going forward. Having said that though, I'm curious as to how you fixed the 'target' lua error?

Also, I've suspected for a while that Ovale scripts must have a method to optimize the code, I've just not yet gotten around to testing it out. I do have a few idea's of how to make it work, just need to find some free time :)

Postby Svartalf » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Hey Skar:

Here's the diff; in the file Ovale/Condition.lua, line 506

$ diff condition.lua~ condition.lua

506c506
< if (UnitCreatureType(getTarget(condition.target)) == LBCT[v]) then
---
> if (UnitCreatureType(getTarget(condition.target)) == v) then

I didn't try it out in any language except English, but at least it stops trying to find a translation for 'target', causing the lua errors.

Postby Spritzup » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:16 am

Thanks for that, I always assumed it was something in my script. I assume that the "target" function still... well functions with this change?

~Skar

Postby Svartalf » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Skar:

It seems to still work; when I had debugging printouts in there I was seeing things like "target" as the input.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS