Register

The d'oh thread

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

The d'oh thread

Postby Sibylle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:19 am

What's the most stupid thing you've ever done as a kitty?

I had the idea for this thread when I went into raid finder and managed to screw up my UI - it's a long story, but the short of it is that I ended up with my action buttons all scrambled up on the bars. So while everyone got buffed, I frantically put my abilities back on the buttons with their associated keybinds.

The fight started and all went well. I wondered why Ferocious Bite suddenly seemed to have a cooldown, but with the "A more powerful spell is already active" thing when refreshing Rip, I thought it was just another bug. It was only when the boss got to below 25% and I noticed Blood in the Water wasn't working, that I looked at the action button again - and realised I had put Maim on the keybind for Ferocious Bite... *blush* I mean, in fairness they are similarly coloured, but they do NOT look alike!

And now please form an orderly line and take turns kicking me in the backside :D

Ever done anything particularly stupid like that?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Re: The d'oh thread

Postby peki » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:56 am

i frequently use the wrong glyph, dalaran ring or stormwind cloak, not a huge error but still infuriates me

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:41 am

peki wrote:i frequently use the wrong glyph, dalaran ring or stormwind cloak, not a huge error but still infuriates me

Haha, that one sounds familiar too. One could argue that this can happen in any spec but it's worse for kitties (all shapeshifters actually) because, when I'm on my priest I can at least see that my cloak has the wrong colour or my staff looks suspiciously like a fishing pole ;) Kitties always look well-dressed!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:22 pm

That is an extremely easily fixable problem.

Create a gear set through the Blizzard Equipment Manager, Name it anything (Mine is Cat DPS). As long as you aren't a clicker, you probably have a macro that puts you into Cat Form, so add the /equipset line in... like so:

#showtooltip Cat Form
/cast [mod:alt][noform:3] !Cat Form; [form, stealth, @mouseover, harm] Pounce; [form, nocombat] !Prowl; [combat, nostealth] Savage Roar
/equipset [spec:2] Bear; Cat DPS

Normal Activation: Equip PVE Gearset, Shift into Cat, Prowl (Out of Combat), Pounce (Stealth), Savage Roar (Combat).
Activation w/ Alt: Powershift into Cat
Activation in Secondary Spec: Equip Bear Gearset

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=19080

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes, but then we couldn't giggle about it in the d'oh thread anymore, could we? ;)

Go on, I'm sure you have something to share too...
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey Konungr. While your post is very helpful we aren’t hearing embarrassing stories about you wiping the raid. No more posting till we hear one.

And because I am putting Kon on the spot I have 2 stories. Both happened during ICC.

1. My last guild had imploded about a month after getting Death's Demise and Grand Crusader. The GM kinda wanted to quit on a high note. So I have just been accepted to a new guild. As a trial I am not really expecting to be pulled in for to many fights on the first night. Sure enough I start the night riding the pine. I am out and about fishing and killing rare spawns. The guild has been working on Heroic Saurfang. They have gotten sub 10% two attempts in a row, but have been killed by someone DC'ing so I get the call. I am thinking, "Sweet! The most melee and cat friendly fight of the whole instance and this is how I get to show off my skills for the first time." I flask and food up, and we pull very quick after I get pulled in. I have what I feel to be a pretty decent pull. Sure Rip dropped a few times, but SR was up the whole time so I felt pretty good. We one shot him for a guild first Heroic kill. I go to check my damage and find I just barely squeaked by the tanks. I am floored by how badly I did. Till I look closer at my bars and realize, "I HAD JUST DONE THE WHOLE FIGHT IN BEAR SPEC!". I cannot think of a time I have managed to give such a bad first impression in this game. I was sat without a word (deservingly so). I didn't get brought back in until the next day on normal Blood Queen. I pulled 7th without being bit. After the fight I got a tell from the Druid officer saying "Nice job. After that last fight you were in most of the officers thought you sucked". Still embarrassed I said, "Ya this time I made sure to check I wasn't in my tank spec". He laughed his ass off.

2. It was our first attempt at Heroic Putricide. Sindragosa had been a royal bitch to kill and he was the last boss in our way from getting to LK. Everyone is pumped because we had killed Sindragosa on Tuesday so we had 2 full days to work on him. Don't ask me why but melee was assigned to kill the Orange ooze. Being to amped up like an idiot I didn't wait to see who got picked and just feral charged it. Sure enough just as I landed it picked me and I exploded the whole raid. It had happened so fast that no one even had time to see what had happened. I had to explain in vent why I was dumb.

Postby maxmaxima » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 pm

I had recently joined that guild and been benched the whole first week. Finally I get the long awaited call and do really good throughout the whole FL - especially on my first 1st heroic Domo where I beat the guild rogue superstar topping meters.
I'm high on my own juices more potent than grade A adrenaline, ripping through pre-Rag trash inwardly lolling at ppl flying - I'm in the zone baby!

Sons assignments done, marks in place I am ready to shine, my finger itching on the pre-pot trigger. The warr tank does his "hulk jump" to pull and me like a numpty seized by the frenzy of the assault will not be left behind and ... feral charge !

Bow chicka wow wow...

Winding up the other side crawling back in everlasting slow motion chewing my balls picturing my stock plunging people yelling SELL SELL !!
I survived that blunder and after the fight admitted it wasn't contagious - they were still lolling.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:36 pm

I was waiting for the Sons of Flame to spawn on Heroic Ragnaros and standing back so that I could Feral Charge one immediately and hit it with Ravage. Well I used my mouseover Feral Charge as soon as the little ball of fire was almost there, well Ragnaros hadn't submerged just yet and I went flying into lava...

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:58 pm

I've had lots of gear screwups like that. (Back when threat mattered, try keeping it with resto gear on. :P)

Try this sequence on for size:

1. 25man raid AFK, on break
2. Facepull a trash mob while screwing around
3. Misclick Shadowmeld and click Gift of the Wild instead (back when it was separate from MOTW)
4. Find Shadowmeld and watch as trash pack kills other 24 members of raid and resets.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 pm

I pulled Heigan once with MF back in a Naxx25 pug back in the early days of wotlk...as it was my first raid that expansion, kinda embarrassing lol.

Oh and I DPSed about half of the bosses the other week in DS on my rogue with my Piccolo of the Dancing Flame equipped by mistake...you can imagine how that went lol.

Postby Rawf » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 pm

I popped a tranq to 'help out' healing during heroic yorsahj during progression. This was while the healing debuff was up. Needless to say 2 seconds later all 25 players were dead. woops.

Postby peki » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 am

been there done that rawfdawg.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Rawf wrote:I popped a tranq to 'help out' healing during heroic yorsahj during progression. This was while the healing debuff was up. Needless to say 2 seconds later all 25 players were dead. woops.

Yeeeeeeeah.

I hear, "NEED A RAID COOLDOWN."

I am trained to hit tranq since when healers call for a cooldown it's typically needed from a dps because their cooldowns are likely organized. Too bad they meant damage mitigation cooldown and not healing cooldown.

Purple was also up.

I yelled two obscenities.

Postby Puna » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 pm

My defensive cd's are on my mouse wheel, great for mid combat. terrible for scrolling up through text 10 seconds before a pull. I have a bad habit of hitting SI :(

Postby exkape » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:59 pm

during rag prog, i was doing dreadflame running around and shit, didnt realise that u had to click deludge to get it, so i was standing on it like why arent i getting the buff.
facepalmed as soon as we wiped

Postby October » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:40 am

Heroic Yor'sahj. Blue and Black were up, and Mana Void had just spawned.

Me:
"Aw yeah, helping out dem healers/deepsies/people who need mana. I'm the best kitty!"

Feral Charge Go!

Red was the last of the three oozes that were up.

;__________:

Postby Samskeyti » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:02 pm

During an Alyzrazor fight, I was asked to get feathers and go flying. I think, 'ok, I guess they don't need me down there'. I get feathers, fly, go through the hoops, lalala... dps her on the ground, go back up, fly through hoops some more... When she was low on health, I decide, maybe I'll see if I can attack her in the air.
On vent: "Oh, I can attack Alysrazor in the air!"
Raid: /facepalm

Postby Annalese » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

While working on Heroic Ragnaros, we were lining up for a solid kill. A meteor was heading toward one of the melee near me, so I though HRM I CAN FAERIE FIRE THAT AND KNOCK IT BACK LIKE A BOSS. Instead of FFF I hit feral charge : | Instantly cat-apulted (feral joke hur hur) across Ragnaros' room with everyone in the raid laughing loudly on vent.

Honored

Postby Toro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Sitting in front of Chimaeron pre-pull, while everyone was getting feasted, etc, I was having quite a few conversations in whispers.

R is reply, shift+R is reply to last person you sent to.

I fat fingered shift+T before hitting the R key and promptly exited cat form and warstomped.

Needless to say that was a wipe.

I've no doubt done countless similar things over the years, but that's one that comes to mind immediately.

If we go back to vanilla, one of the most fun things to do in MC was to see how fast you could pull threat off the main tank... Ferocious Bite won everytime ~_*

I remember I had a critter macro (can't shift to bird in combat, so *insert many /tar critter names* /cast Feral Charger (cat)) so, as I liked to gank people in the sky, or at least try to, and I proudly flew over someone's head outside Dalaran, shifted into cat form, hit a Rake on someone and fell... well, they weren't afk, so they dropped out and started hitting me with instant casts as we fell, so what do you do? You start spamming your macro... it picked up on something /tar Rat... the person I was attacking was Rathyer... so I went back up in the air immediately upon hitting my macro, which put me in range of the MAGE SPAM CASTING SLOW FALL who then continued to ice lance spam me till I hit the ground and died. They continued to /dance on my corpse, from there.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Postby Paramount » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 pm

I have a tendency to use hyperbole quite a bit. I had just transferred to a new server and I was itching to get into some pugs and start establishing my reputation as "the most impressive kitty you've ever seen." I notice someone in guild mention an alt run for Firelands his friend is putting together needing a good dps, pst so-and-so.

Naturally I jumped on the opportunity and promptly fired a tell his way stating class/spec/role and item level. He cuts right to the chase and asks me outright if I know my shit and if I'm any good. Being so in love with hyperbole I responded by stating "Yawning himself would shit bricks." While waiting for the obligatory "lol" or "lmao" reply to such an obvious exaggeration I shift+click his name in the chat window. I then typed in my brand new guild on Crushridge-US, my brand new server....

"Who is 'No Chicks Allowed' anyway? Are they any good?"

Still haven't lived that down.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Honored

Postby Toro » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm reading this at work and apparantly chuckled too hard at:
Paramount wrote: I then typed in my brand new guild on Crushridge-US, my brand new server....

"Who is 'No Chicks Allowed' anyway? Are they any good?"

Still haven't lived that down.

NCA, yo... lawlocaust ^_^
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:38 pm

:lol: These are awesome! My favourite is this one:

October wrote:Heroic Yor'sahj. Blue and Black were up, and Mana Void had just spawned.

Me:
"Aw yeah, helping out dem healers/deepsies/people who need mana. I'm the best kitty!"

Feral Charge Go!

Red was the last of the three oozes that were up.

;__________:

The "I'm the best kitty!" especially cracks me up, I know that sentiment too well. It's usually followed by disaster :D
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:45 pm

No posting on this thread with out a story. Come on Sibylle we all know you got one.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:No posting on this thread with out a story. Come on Sibylle we all know you got one.

Look who started this thread...

Revered

Postby Qbear » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Konungr wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:No posting on this thread with out a story. Come on Sibylle we all know you got one.

Look who started this thread...

OWNED ::OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:: ((Other trolling noises from the masses))

Next

Return to Kitty DPS