Register

Opener with 4pc T13

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Re: Opener with 4pc T13

Postby Toro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Fixed due to what you posted below this... gg not seeing that initial hit as a "bleed."

Was going off of the tick (known bleed dmg) hitting after the next GCD.
Last edited by Toro on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Toro wrote:
Konungr wrote:@ Toro, why are you using Rake before Mangle?

First line I wrote: Rake will NOT tick before Mangle is applied. 1s GCD vs time per tick.

The very first tick, the direct damage that happens immediately, is a bleed, and is buffed by mangle.

Honored

Postby Toro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Edited those posts; should reflect all of the user presented stips? si/non?
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Postby Jqar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
Jqar wrote:Feral Charge -> Faerie Fire -> Mangle -> Rake -> SR -> Ravage! -> Shred -> TF/Berserk -> Ravage! -> Rip -> Rake -> Shred -> Shred -> ...

Do not do the Bolded part at all. After hitting TF/Berserk everything costs half energy. Using a free energy attack when you get an energy boost and all attacks are half damage is a sure way to energy cap you. It's just not worth the chance of wasted energy. You have plenty of time to make sure it gets off under the TF buff. There is no reason not to bleed a little energy before you go for the free attack.

Thats why I pointed out the importance of being at about 0 energy before the TF/berserk, since the way i see it is that its optimal to get Rip off as early as possible. Predatory Strikes/Ravage! is very viable for me to rely on in a castsequence opener, since i can assume that Ravage! or one of the other attacks will crit for 2CPs, though relying on 2xRavage! to crit as with the t13 4set is more risky than what it was with t12 where I was relying on one Ravage! or 3 other attacks to crit once, so reconsidering this after your reply, id say a shred right after TF/Berserk and before Ravage! is appropriate in a castsequence opener for reduced chance of energy capping and lower chance for that very unlucky 4CP Rip (people can do the math for their crit level if they feel like it)

Feral Charge -> Faerie Fire -> Mangle -> Rake -> SR -> Ravage! -> Shred -> TF/Berserk -> Shred -> Ravage! -> Rip -> Rake -> Shred -> Shred -> ...

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:45 am

This is a minor thing, but why would you charge before using FF? You're basically wasing a global cooldown then. Or am I not seeing something?

I go FF - FC - Mangle - Rake - SR - ... etc
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby Rarge » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:26 am

Sibylle wrote:This is a minor thing, but why would you charge before using FF? You're basically wasing a global cooldown then. Or am I not seeing something?

You can cast FF whilst you're in mid-air.

Postby Jqar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:06 am

Rarge wrote:
Sibylle wrote:This is a minor thing, but why would you charge before using FF? You're basically wasing a global cooldown then. Or am I not seeing something?

You can cast FF whilst you're in mid-air.

You also pool up 10+ energy during the gcd you spend on FF. If you FF first you cant pool energy as youre already at full energy.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:24 am

Behold the flying fyre kitteh!! I like it :D
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Jaymzhendo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 am

Jqar wrote:Feral Charge -> Faerie Fire -> Mangle -> Rake -> SR -> Ravage! -> Shred -> TF/Berserk -> Shred -> Ravage! -> Rip -> Rake -> Shred -> Shred -> ...

My only issue with this is that on most boss fights with ONLY Ravage! Crits thats going to be a 6 combo point Rip you just applied.

Yawning (via Mew) even said to use the Ravage! immediately after TF/Berserk and then Rip, I can only assume that the reason is you "should" be at 5 combo points on any Boss by this point because Ravage! will crit both times.

I understand the worry about energy capping but I haven't found this to be an issue really. Then again this is what makes kitty fun!

Postby Jaymzhendo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:16 am

@ Sibylle and others

I just macro FFF + FC, one GCD both happen.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:19 pm

Jaymzhendo wrote:@ Sibylle and others

I just macro FFF + FC, one GCD both happen.

Genius - doing this asap, thanks :)
-Sibylle

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS