Register

Valiona/Theralion hitbox issue

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Valiona/Theralion hitbox issue

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 am

I have reported this issue so I don't know how long its going to work but there is a cool bug with hitboxes on the Valiona/Theralion encounter. The hit box is so big I am able to feral charge while still in melee range. Thats a free ravage with no need to run out every 30 seconds. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Tinder

Revered

Re: Valiona/Theralion hitbox issue

Postby Steakbomb » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:58 pm

I love you Tinder and I miss you. BTW this was working for me last night

Honored

Postby Mihir » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Same goes for onyxia/nefarian.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Found some additional raid hit box weirdness.

Chimaeron - During the feud when you need to stack on the tanks, you can shred from the front. As soon as he starts casting massacare again this stops working. Also you can use the feral charge in melee rage. I have found it useful to get me to the tanks faster, and back to my positon behind him using this. It also lines up with TF pretty well.

Atramedes - I found you have to be much further away then most bosses to feral charge, so he is the first dragon that you can't feral charge from melee range. ***I also found that dps'ing from dead center of the dragon itself that I was able to keep shreding and only had to move slightly to my right or left to get between the sonic booms. This gave me almost 0 sound save for the big unavoidable aoe. The other advantage is when he turns around to do the breath there is still very little movement to continue to shred. Unlike most dragons in the game his breath does start at his mouth instead of somewere in the middle.***

***Ignore this. The recent changes make the orbs spawn inside him now.

Happy shreding.
Last edited by Tinderhoof on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks for telling me about Atramedes on RealID Tinder, GAWD.

I believe the Chimaeron fight is intended as he doesn't actually turn during his fued but when he starts to Massacre, he turns to the tank which is stacked on us.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:48 pm

You had already killed him this week so stop whining. Did ya like my ranking? Beat that you add slacker.

On the serious note, I am going to ask one of the rogues to backstab during the feud and see if its not just feral druids who get the benifit. Don't think I will be able to tell if its really counting as his front though because I miss at least every other swing due to the goo.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am

IDK if this is true for cats as I haven't DPS'd this fight since week 1 but on Algaloth, I was able to charge on my warrior while tanking him last night so I would assume you can FC as well

Return to Kitty DPS