Register

T13 Firekitty

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

T13 Firekitty

Postby Netherwolf » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:06 am

I was in DS the other day having an *incredibly* boring time on spine. We have too much dps so I decided to equip my good old Fandral's Flamescythe and run around as a fire cat looking pretty rather than doing anything more "useful". I swapped back to Kiril just before the plate blew off and noticed that I was still a fire kitty, and that the buff actually lasted until I left combat. It looked pretty cool with the size increase from Kiril ^^

So even if the fire buff thing doesn't *really* carry over via transmog or anything it just takes one autoattack with Fandral equipped to go into fire cat form and then you can switch back to whatever other weapon you have with minimal impact on dps.

I'm definately going to do this on pretty much every boss that I can get away with it on :>
Hopefully it's good news to those that haven't noticed this (didn't find any mention of it here on the forums). And if you don't have the staff already, go get it! Now! ^_^

Re: T13 Firekitty

Postby Offbalance » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:32 am

I tired this with my pvp wep (I don't have Kiril cause LFR hates me AND I lost role on it in Normal to our hunter /shame [7 vs 94]) shortly after hearing about the size from Kiril and it didn't work. Fire kitty after wep swap I mean. I was on a target dummy though. I will give it another try tomorrow. But Super Fire Kitty sounded (and still does) pretty BA.

Postby Andolie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 pm

I tried this last night in raid and it did work. It actually works both ways, starting with the flamescythe and starting with kiril's and doing a double swap (figured that out by accident). I giggled WAY too much while bouncing around on Hagara's platform as super flaming kitty and scared the daylights out of our RL.

Postby Netherwolf » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:38 am

It does work even on target dummies, just make sure you don't do anything to drop you out of combat.

http://puu.sh/eCyZ <--- screenshot taken of me as a fire cat with the size buff from Kiril without the flamescythe equipped hitting on a dummy.

Hope you have better luck with your rolls in the future Offbalance ^^

Postby Offbalance » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:55 am

Tired last night and it does work. I wonder when it changed or if it was just being weird for me.

and again LFR hates me. 2 hunters and bear tank already had Kiril so I was the only one that needed it, and it doesn't drop. I guess this is Blizz karma for getting Flamescythe on my first kill.

Honored

Postby ellorien » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 am

You guys are awesome! I was feeling sad anticipating having to give up fire kitty when I get an upgrade, and now I find out I can be GIANT FIRE KITTEH. <3

Postby Evil » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:22 am

So would be possible to use that within a Macro.

Postby lea » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:53 pm

While this works, and is awesome, be aware that when you do this it resets the ICD of Kirils back to 60s. For minimum dps loss, weapon switch just after the Kiril proc has finished. I've been doing this to manipulate when Kiril's procs for a few fights.

Return to Kitty DPS