Register

SWTOR

All the non-WOW stuff goes here.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

SWTOR

Postby Qbear » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:00 pm

So I hit 50 in SWTOR and pretty much got full Champ PVP gear.

Um, anyone know what to do now. Because it really seems like I just beat a game thats not really suppose to have a solid ending.

P.S if anyone ever wants to play together I'm Sinja on Port Nowhere server.

Might do a few vids on a different utube account if anyone would be interested.

Revered

Re: SWTOR

Postby shinryu » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Ugh, wish I had it...played in the Beta and loved it, but I haven't been able to put aside any money to buy it since I get slammed with 3 birthdays within 3 days of each other for 3 different relatives in the first week and a half of the year. In addition to bills >.>

What side/class for you Qbear? I'm still debating between SW or SI, maybe even IA since operative apparently plays like a rogue to a degree...

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Sith BH Merc like I said names Sinja always willing to help fluid druidians with lowbie quest n stuff just hit me up

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:40 am

I would, but I'm joining another guildie when I get it on whatever weird named server he was on, although if he really gets bored enough to not bother resubbing (he's already got a 50 SW), might check out your place lol.

How's BH btw? Looked like tons of fun in pvp, gonna make one eventually.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:34 am

if your wanting to PVP seriously then go BH Powertech anything that can spec into tanking just brings so much utlity to the warzones that it's foolish not be that advance class, even if your spec'd dps.

Plus as a BH Merc I feel like I do lots of damage; however, I have no tools for kiting in terms of a range slow or heroic leap type of ability so once a melee finds you there's little you can do about it which feels pretty silly in terms of game design.

My 2 cents.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:05 am

I was originally considering SW for 1h dps jugg lol (don't care about the whole dual wield fad for marauder), but as my guildie already has a jugg (tank spec mind you), feels a bit punkish to me to grab the same armor type as him. SI Assassin I've been thinking of playing also since I played it in the beta, but I dunno...maybe it's just at the lower levels, but it just started feeling too slow to me, and the stealth seems kinda lame as well since it seems to confer so little advantages unlike in WoW where with rogues, stealth is a major boost; SI stealth in comparison feels like feral stealth, where it's nice to have bypassing things and sneaking up on things, but pointless otherwise in most regards. That's why I was also starting to look at IA for Operative and BH, Operative because it sounded like it mixed in melee and ranged to a degree, which could be fun. BH, well I've always been a Boba Fett fan too, and they look badass undoubtedly.

Kinda funny despite having fewer "classes" than WoW, it's even harder to pick one to start :(

Honored

Postby Floofles » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:29 am

Not really had time to play, got a 30 Jedi Sage and a 10 Imperial Agent. The Jedi had a horribly repetitive storyline but im enjoying the Agent. Have the opportunity to play hardcore with some friends but it just doesn't appeal, not sure why really. Combat doesn't feel too far off the mark, just something about the game world seems wrong to me.

Though I didn't even watch the Star Wars films before so it may be that I feel no connection to he world which seems to be a big draw for many.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 am

Floofles wrote:Not really had time to play, got a 30 Jedi Sage and a 10 Imperial Agent. The Jedi had a horribly repetitive storyline but im enjoying the Agent. Have the opportunity to play hardcore with some friends but it just doesn't appeal, not sure why really. Combat doesn't feel too far off the mark, just something about the game world seems wrong to me.

Though I didn't even watch the Star Wars films before so it may be that I feel no connection to he world which seems to be a big draw for many.

Technically the game is set about 3600 years or so before any of the movies, so you aren't missing anything besides perhaps a few gags (and if you're like me who has seen them, rabid fanboyism in being able to play as a Jedi or Sith during the heights of their power). If you played KOTOR 1 or 2, you'd probably feel a bit more of a connection as TOR takes place about 300 years after those games, where quite a few things make an appearance.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:46 am

I understand what your saying floofs, I leveled a sith assassin (sage) to 30 before I switched to my Bounty Hunter and got him to 50. Now that I've done a lot of PVP (pretty much full geared in the middle pvp set) and a lot of the heroic flashpoints (instances) I can say imho that this game is lackluster.

The combat is slow and the pve is predictable. All things that would harm your toon display themselves on the floor for a very long time before activating.

The PVP worse every class comes with a standard pvp trinket ability as well as a stun and knockback. Every fight is I open on you oh yeah stun trinket, stun trinket, double knockback smash your keyboard and hope the server can catch up to the abilties your hitting until someone dies.

In all honesty the game feels like it should just have ending credits when you hit 50 and force you to reroll another toon. I mean there's that little going on at max level.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 pm

I generally try MMO's after they've been out for a while, to make sure all the kinks have been worked out. (I played LOTRO for a while about 18 months ago, and just spent the last week playing Rift. I'll probably try SWTOR this summer sometime, once they have some kind of free trial.)

Not that this is relevant to the discussion.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:39 am

I totally understand what you mean I actually went the other way with it, I tried swtor cause the first month was free and I canceled before I was charged the 15 bucks.

Yeah I paid the 60ish for the game but I mean I played the crap out of it for 30 days I feel I got my money out of it.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:48 am

My guild's SWTOR division is far more active than our WoW division now.

Return to Off-Topic Discussion