Register

Change to Vial of Shadows

Face-rippin fun.
Revered

Change to Vial of Shadows

Postby Sibylle » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:09 am

Did I miss something? Check out the blue post here:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/01/27/today-in-wow/#blue

Whoa, what? What kind of change is that? And will Vial of Shadows still be our best trinket then?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Re: Change to Vial of Shadows

Postby Dabëärs » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:04 pm

I didn't read your link but I think your talking about the change to Vial of Shadows in nxt patch. If I remember correctly it is just nerfing the damage of it but increasing the amount of procs. I could be wrong because I didn't look at it much but seems like it isn't a nerf at all. Just lowering the burst because it was too op in pvp.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Well let's hope that's what they're talking about! A big "phew" in that case, and it'll be the first time (ok: one of the few times) they change something to make it less powerful in PvP, and avoid wrecking it for PvE :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:43 pm

They are talking about the perviously spoken of change. It's not really a nerf just a change to lower the burst in PVP. PVE shouldn't be affected that much.

Postby Puna » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Right now its having tooltip errors and not showing the scaling with attack power. Its still doing about 6% damage with only MoTW for overall damage. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Puna wrote:Right now its having tooltip errors and not showing the scaling with attack power. Its still doing about 6% damage with only MoTW for overall damage. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Tooltip changes are always the last thing to occur, I wouldn't worry about it.

Return to Kitty DPS