Register

Detest but love

This and that.
Honored

Detest but love

Postby Toro » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:06 pm

So, I have a long history of detest for WoW-Heroes.com and that started in WotLK with everyone going on and on about 'gearscore,' which in my guild, we dubbed 'skillscore.' It became the bane of good raiders vs who has better gear, seeing hunters with str gear and just horrible all over the place...

...anywho, with that hatred a'brewin, someone brought that horrific site back up right about the time people started hitting 85 and doing T11 content... I raged. Anywho, they said to give it a look, it got updated and got new features...

Turns out one of the features was that it integrated WoL. LOVE IT!

All of your rankings are shown on your character page, which makes it pretty easy to find a parse you want to show for A) getting into a new guild, or B) giving someone a heads up how to improve their play (the latter tends to be the case, but I've told people to use it for A).

So, despite my distaste for people getting ranked by the ilvl of their gear rather than the quality of their raiding (what, you've never seen someone get carried?), I use it fairly often to review my logs, keep improving... I see it as, if I'm not ranked, I didn't do it to the best of my abilities, lol...

Anyone else found anything else similar, or use said site to see their rankings so they have a higher number to shoot for the next time/subsequent times?
Last edited by Toro on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Exalted

Re: Detest but love

Postby Konungr » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:48 pm

It's been like that for a while now.

Return to General Discussion