Register

Let's talk about logs (Gearing and Execution advise) 4.3

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Let's talk about logs (Gearing and Execution advise) 4.3

Postby Xilus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 am

My gemming plan... Yes that's right. I will change em to epics asap. Don't have that much gold atm hehe. Red ones can cost even 10k on my server :[ Good you pointed that thank you.

Tinderhoof wrote:Zon'ozz:
I can't tell if the logs are off about your opener. Did you run in to get SR up then run out to FC? Your Rake uptime is great, but Rip is pretty low. It looks like you wern't able to get it going for almost 20 seconds. How do you perform your opening for this fight? It also looks like you could have snuck in another TF before the Black phase. You did a good job putting Berserk, Pot, and TF together for the burst phase though.

I start with FC, FF, SR up and so on with bleeds. Tank is rotating boss in meantime so i have to run tho. Im not running out to do FC. I don't remember exactly how it went but i think i was a lil confused. Someone said bl at start and then in black phase so i held everything on. Same with that TF, waited for black phase. Will try to use that TF before as you suggested. About Rip Im not sure why.

Tinderhoof wrote:Ultraxion:
Damn fine job here, and congrads on the ranking. The only thing I would change is to get your first Berserk/TF off a little sooner so you can make as much use of your prepot as possible.

Thank you. Will try to pop it sooner. Just need to wait in bear for that tank debuff.

Tinderhoof wrote:Morchock:
There is kind of a pattern of seeing a higher uptime on Rip then Rake. Rake is very cheap and easy to apply and should always be higher then Rip. Try to watch for the timer for the upcoming black phase and refresh both buffs. With 2p it's very easy to get Rip refreshed, and Rake is just one more GCD. Don't worry about cliping bleeds if you arn't going to be on the boss for a bit.

Achh, that was really bad attempt for me. I had to run to crystals in my group and boss was out of my range for some times. That happened often just before black phase.

Very glad you said so about profession. Been thinking about changing for awhile, and now i got more motivation :)
Thank you very much for advices and comments! Gonna start working on better openers, and fix everything else!
Cheers,
Xil

Postby Dágdá » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:53 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... 1/advanced

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hff9o ... 106&e=3361

In 4.2, I would top the charts no matter what, no with the release of 4.3 I've fallen a bit behind and have even been demoted to substitute for our progression raid group (8/8 reg [before nerf] 1/8 H [before nerf]). I don't know if there is something that I'm doing wrong or what. The only thing that I can think of would be my lack of using Shred. I personally cannot stand using it. It's kind of annoying trying to constantly position yourself behind the bosses in these encounters, not to mention the few where it is impossible to use Shred. If anyone could help, I'd really like my permanent spot back. Thanks. Dágdá (ps the á in my name is alt + 0225)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:54 am

Dágdá wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shandris/D%C3%A1gd%C3%A1/advanced

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hff9o ... 106&e=3361

In 4.2, I would top the charts no matter what, no with the release of 4.3 I've fallen a bit behind and have even been demoted to substitute for our progression raid group (8/8 reg [before nerf] 1/8 H [before nerf]). I don't know if there is something that I'm doing wrong or what. The only thing that I can think of would be my lack of using Shred. I personally cannot stand using it. It's kind of annoying trying to constantly position yourself behind the bosses in these encounters, not to mention the few where it is impossible to use Shred. If anyone could help, I'd really like my permanent spot back. Thanks. Dágdá (ps the á in my name is alt + 0225)

Well, for a start, I would suggest you learn to get behind the mobs and use Shred. Actually, that is all I have to say on the subject. On a patchwerk-style Mew shows 39747 dps if I don't get behind the boss and use Mangle in place of Shred. This compares to 43886 dps if I get behind and use Shred. So...you are leaving about 10% of your dps on the floor. One thing I can guarantee, if I saw a feral on my raid team leaving Shred out of their rotation, I would absolutely remove them from my team. I expect everyone to at least try to play in an optimal manner.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:01 am

Leaf has hit this one on the head. If you choose to ignore the way our spec plays you should not expect a raid spot. It is disrespectful to ask for assistance from people when you are not willing to put forth the effort to make use of that help. If you are ready to do the best you can I will be happy to help you. Until then there is nothing more we can help you with.

Honored

Postby Viray » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:20 am

<yay> My group managed to down 10man Ultraxion HC yesterday, 3rd HC boss for us </yay>

Here's a log from yesterday:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/62mdicx174vdw7j1/

And my armory, if needed:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Maelcum/advanced

As for glyphs I went Mangle, Rip & TF. Before 60% hp on the boss I've tried to referesh every rip & rake early if I had a TF damage bonus - dunno if that's actually a dps increase, or just a good placebo, but I think it works. A couple of times I've let Rip fall of and waited up to 2-3 seconds to reapply it with a TF. Can anyone confirm if that's actually a good idea?

Funny thing - I always forget to swap from Mangle glyph to Bloodletting after Ultraxion. Is there some kind of addon which could help with my bad memmory?

V.
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today - and it won't be you.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 pm

I am super busy today, but I can tell you right now, always use the Berserk glyph. 10 extra seconds on our 3 minute cooldown is amazing. Drop TF and use either Rip, Bloodletting, Berserk, or Mangle, Rip, Berserk for ultrax. I will have a closer look later today.

Postby Dágdá » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Okay, understandable, but what about those times where Shred is not an option? Ultra per se. I've been trying to use Shred, but for some reason I can't seem to make this work all the time. Is there any other advice?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:39 am

Dágdá wrote:Okay, understandable, but what about those times where Shred is not an option? Ultra per se. I've been trying to use Shred, but for some reason I can't seem to make this work all the time. Is there any other advice?

Ultraxion is the one fight where you do want to use GoMangle and substitute Mange for Shred. If you have any questions about what the rotation should look like, grab Ovale and plug in the Ovale script I have posted here. You can spend some time on the training dummies seeing how the rotation works. The only thing that is not testable that way is the BiTW rotation. There is an option "Use Shred for fillers" that will swap to Mangles for fillers if you click it off.

Postby Rabiez » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Where to begin? I've been reading many forums and learning how other kitties respec, reforge and gem. I've tried different ways of reforging, but I'm still not getting the dps required of me. I've learned up on my raids and shouldn't be doing so horrible. But my dps is just awful. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. I love to raid, but I don't want my guild carrying me while they are trying to progress. We just downed four bosses last night. Normally I'm not brought in because I'm not very good. But they needed me to fill for someone. Please help? I want to be a better dps and maybe become one of the main raiders.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... z/advanced

Yes, I just got those gloves because i heard that expertise and crit are more important than haste. I was using lightfinger handwraps before and they were enchanted with greater mastery and had a delicate inferno ruby in them.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n ... 869&e=1183
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n ... 795&e=3146
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n ... 883&e=4089
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n ... 826&e=6199

Yes, sometimes I screw up my rotation. I am working on that. I tried to spec like our other druid, but that decreased my dps by 3k.

Postby Puna » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:48 pm

@Rabiez

Glyph of Mangle isn't use in kitty spec aside from ultraxion - use glyph of Bloodletting or TF. Probably bloodletting for now since that brings me to the next point

You HAVE to line up your cooldowns together. You're Berserk macro should hit TF as well something like.

#showtooltip
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk

Or just get used to spaming berserk right after TF. Its a dps gain to delay TF for a bit to make sure that it lines up with berserk. Same with your potion.

You're bleed up-times are also really low, how are you tracking them? for most fights you want at least 85% up-time on rip and rake. You're sitting around 60-65%. So there's is something really easy to work on.

And its not that exp/crit are better then haste its just that you want to hit/exp cap yourself and then reforge according to your preference. I like to gear pure haste, Tinderhoof likes to keep his stats fairly even; we're both successful: both strategies work. Balancing your stats might be a bit easier since haste does require maximum boss up-time to be competitive. Try playing around with www.wowreforge.com

Double potting - hit your first pot 2 seconds before the tank pulls and then use your second one during heroism or your second berserk. This is really important especially with kirils as you'll have about 8-10 seconds of a full kiril's proc (1070 agi) overlaping your 1200 agi pot + berserk if you're using it on the pull. If you can manage to line up your second/third berserks with kirils procs this is also a bonus.

ways to improve your bleed times on some of the more annyoing fights

morchok - reapply a fresh rip or refresh rip if sub 60% with an FB as blackphase starts. same with rake, I like to use rake right after getting pulled into and using the 1-2 combo points to refresh rip right before running out. Then charge back in after black ravage->tf>rake>ravage>shred if you need another cp or if not, apply rip.

Yor'sahj - Reapply a fresh rip/rake before swaping to adds, During sub 60% aoe phase keep at least 1 cp on Yor'sahj while aoe'ing. use it to refresh rip then go back to swipe spam

Zon'ozz - reapply bleeds before black phase. Judging by your kill times. Save your first berserk for right after the first black phase, and your second for right after the 3rd black phase.

Hagara - watch her count down for her specials - no point in putting up a 5 point rip when shes about to go imune try and get a good FB off right before she transitions.

little things like this will help make sure you have maximum uptime on bleeds/debuffs. I'm sure tinder will have more to say and I might as well in a bit but for now hw time D:

<3 Puna

Postby Pìxèl » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:39 am

Finally managed to down Ultra 10man hc this week, but my damage seemed really low for some reason. If someone could run over the logs for me and check it out.

I was soaking 3rd and 6th HoT with my cds for 1st soak and Pallys Hand of Sacrifice for 2nd soak, didnt get the tank debuff as we did it that way instead.

Armoury
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/P%C3%ACx%C3%A8l/simple

Logs
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9c3l9hp7phjman2s/?s=7242&e=7564

I was running a Hit/Exp mastery/haste/crit setup

Not sure if it should have been haste and crit other way around.

Thanks

Postby Rabiez » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 pm

@Puna

Thank you for your advice. Double potting is sometimes hard for me because I'm not in the habit. Luckily our main tank does a count down so that will help me out. I monitor my bleeds with Need to Know. It seems to work, but I do have to get better with timing my bleed refreshers.

The reason I was wearing Mangle instead of Bloodletting is because we made several attempts on Ultraxion. Usually I have Bloodletting on.

I've already made sticky notes from what you said for on my monitor and I'm ready to try those bosses again.

@Pìxèl

Were you using the Mangle glyph? I see you have bloodletting on. I'm not one to give advice, but I noticed it when checking out your profile. I'm always curious about how other feral kitties are speced.

Postby Pìxèl » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Rabiez wrote:@Puna

Thank you for your advice. Double potting is sometimes hard for me because I'm not in the habit. Luckily our main tank does a count down so that will help me out. I monitor my bleeds with Need to Know. It seems to work, but I do have to get better with timing my bleed refreshers.

The reason I was wearing Mangle instead of Bloodletting is because we made several attempts on Ultraxion. Usually I have Bloodletting on.

I've already made sticky notes from what you said for on my monitor and I'm ready to try those bosses again.

@Pìxèl

Were you using the Mangle glyph? I see you have bloodletting on. I'm not one to give advice, but I noticed it when checking out your profile. I'm always curious about how other feral kitties are speced.

Yes I was using mangle glyph for that fight, its changed back now i guess on armoury i switch it for that fight

Postby dsant030 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:45 pm

hello all,
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... s/advanced
Madness - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o ... 899&e=1774

I'm not sure why WoL is including the wing tentacle but w/e
I won the 390 Kiril the other day and I'm not sure if its better than the 397 spire, alot of people say it is and alot say it isn't but I'm using spire for now.
As for my dps I'm not sure if I should be waiting to line up berserk with cataclysm, but so far I've been popping on cd since I figured I'd be able to pop it more throughout the fight. Unsure if its an increase.
Also forgot to prepot so I guess thats something.
Thanks in advance :P

Postby Pìxèl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:48 am

Pìxèl wrote:Finally managed to down Ultra 10man hc this week, but my damage seemed really low for some reason. If someone could run over the logs for me and check it out.

I was soaking 3rd and 6th HoT with my cds for 1st soak and Pallys Hand of Sacrifice for 2nd soak, didnt get the tank debuff as we did it that way instead.

Armoury
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/P%C3%ACx%C3%A8l/simple

Logs
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9c3l9hp7phjman2s/?s=7242&e=7564

I was running a Hit/Exp mastery/haste/crit setup

Not sure if it should have been haste and crit other way around.

Thanks

bump ;p

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Pìxèl wrote:bump ;p

Currently on my honeymoon. If Puna or one of the other druids around here doesn't get to it before I return I will have a look next week.

Postby Pìxèl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:

Currently on my honeymoon. If Puna or one of the other druids around here doesn't get to it before I return I will have a look next week.

wow Congrats Mrs and Mrs Tinderhoof, lots of new kittens inc. ;p

Postby Paramount » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Your damage was indeed below what you should've expect. As a matter of fact, your entire raid's was. Truth be told your group got very lucky to get that kill under the circumstances, given that nobody had Mark of the Wild/Blessing of Kings, and nobody had Blessing of Might or an equivalent either. Battle shout also wasn't used until 20 seconds in and was never refreshed when it dropped with about a minute and a half to go. You also never refreshed FFF at any point in the fight which allowed it to fall off for roughly the last 20 seconds. I also wanted to point out that while you have 2 Shaman in your raid group, neither was dropping melee haste totem.

This wasn't the only time during the night that these things happened either. Surprisingly your first attempt on H Ultraxion, which was your best aside from the kill, was lacking the same buffs. What I like to do is ensure that I am as entirely buffed as I can be at the beginning of the raid, then I count my buffs (actually I just mentally note the pattern and it's placement). I then glance at my buff bars before accepting the ready check to verify all buffs have been applied.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:25 pm

If the buff was never gained or lost during the fight then it won't display on the split for that fight, even if it was up. Mark of the wild was up. Blessing of might was not up. You can tell by looking at a larger split (like the full raid).

Also, windfury is redundant with the survival hunter's hunting party aura.

Postby Paramount » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:If the buff was never gained or lost during the fight then it won't display on the split for that fight, even if it was up. Mark of the wild was up. Blessing of might was not up. You can tell by looking at a larger split (like the full raid).

Also, windfury is redundant with the survival hunter's hunting party aura.

Nice catch on the MotW. I didn't realize that's why it wasn't displayed until you pointed it out. That's kind of unfortunate since it causes the appearance that he never flasked for the raid as well since he's an alchemist and recieves 4 hour cauldron flasks. I went back for a second glance during which I also noticed that for the H Ultraxion kill the raid was lacking priest buffs. Not damage related but certainly worth noting.

Anyhow... the lack of 20% AP buff as well as poorly maintained Battle Shout is the answer to your question regarding low damage.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:26 am

Right. I'm going to do this. My gear isn't that bad anymore, and I got my act together a little, at least compared to when I first started raiding weeks ago. But my dps is still, in one word, terrible.

Any advice is appreciated (try to be gentle, my pride is wounded enough, lol)! Please note that I wasn't wearing the VP trinket during the raid, but the Starcatcher's Compass, RF version.

Log of my druid Wildharp:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/nm2bhk4li9v5wfnk/details/2/

Armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Wildharp/advanced

So, tear me apart (you know, feral charge, mangle, rake... ;) ).
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Kasprodeth » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Couple quick things I noticed:
1. Throughout your whole raid you gained the Stampede buff 148 times, but you only used Ravage! a total of 33 times. That's a good chunk of basically free dps your missing out on there.
2. SR and dot uptimes could improve a little bit, but pretty much everyone can improve on this and really yours weren't bad. Using Ravage! will also help get Rip up on new targets really fast.
3. On your Hagara kill since its normal your killing it with only enough time for 1 Berserk. So I would save this for when you guys pop hero during a feedback phase for a massive amount of burst. Also pop your VP trinket there.
4. You may want to create a cancelaura macro for Primal Madness.
5. Your shoulders are using the PvP agility enchant.
6. Really need to get yourself a new weapon.
7. Running you through WoWReforge I was able to get you up to 1796 mastery and down to 1413 haste. But thats really a personal choice if you want to get as much mastery as possible. Personally I stack haste but its really up to your playstyle.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks a million, this is great!

Kasprodeth wrote:Couple quick things I noticed:
1. Throughout your whole raid you gained the Stampede buff 148 times, but you only used Ravage! a total of 33 times. That's a good chunk of basically free dps your missing out on there.

Very true, I've got to work on that. I also only got the 4-piece a few days ago and I need to remember to use it. Might actually create a Power Aura to remember when it's usable.

2. SR and dot uptimes could improve a little bit, but pretty much everyone can improve on this and really yours weren't bad. Using Ravage! will also help get Rip up on new targets really fast.

*nod*

3. On your Hagara kill since its normal your killing it with only enough time for 1 Berserk. So I would save this for when you guys pop hero during a feedback phase for a massive amount of burst. Also pop your VP trinket there.

I'll do that, thanks!

4. You may want to create a cancelaura macro for Primal Madness.

Oh. Hmph. Any suggestions? I'm not great at macros :?

5. Your shoulders are using the PvP agility enchant.

Oh for pity's sake. Can we pretend this didn't happen? *crawls under a rock and dies*

6. Really need to get yourself a new weapon.

I knooooow *wails* I've never seen Spire drop, and Kiril never dropped in my raid. On Raid Finder, it drops regularly and is snatched up by Boomkin. Last week it was needed and won by a hunter who already had a Kiril, proceded to d/e it, and then boasted about it in raid chat. Yes, really :cry:

7. Running you through WoWReforge I was able to get you up to 1796 mastery and down to 1413 haste. But thats really a personal choice if you want to get as much mastery as possible. Personally I stack haste but its really up to your playstyle.

You know, I'm not quite sure about that yet so I'm keeping all three secondary stats close together for now. Will keep that in mind though.

Thanks again!!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby dsant030 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:12 pm

dsant030 wrote:hello all,
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... s/advanced
Madness - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o ... 899&e=1774

I'm not sure why WoL is including the wing tentacle but w/e
I won the 390 Kiril the other day and I'm not sure if its better than the 397 spire, alot of people say it is and alot say it isn't but I'm using spire for now.
As for my dps I'm not sure if I should be waiting to line up berserk with cataclysm, but so far I've been popping on cd since I figured I'd be able to pop it more throughout the fight. Unsure if its an increase.
Also forgot to prepot so I guess thats something.
Thanks in advance :P

bump :O

Postby Puna » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 am

Hey Dsantos,

Gemming looks fine, though your reforging could be better. Just be sure to set your stat weights to reflect your play style (which I'm assuming is H/E>haste>crit>mast by your current reforging)

http://wowreforge.com/US/Zuluhed/Dsantos

Spire and Kiril's are rather close, It depends on boss up time. If you get to sit and tunnel I would use kiril's but if you have to run away and do random crap like Tinder and I have to Spire will be a better option.

Madness is a meh fight to really fine pick parses except for cd's used. But from you're other logs that I've had to time to check so far you're stacking cds which is good. If you're spending a lot of time in Cataclysm on Madness though, no reason not to pop berserk there. If you're going to end up wasting half of your berserk since it ends to early then stick with on cd.

Other then that the usually stuff, keep working on increasing uptime for bleeds by preplanning every move you have to make, such as refreshing rip/rake on yor before swapping to globs, and keeping a cp up on him while aoe'ing adds to refresh rip during sub 60% if you have to aoe etc.

Puna is off to slay the HW dragon, will comment more later

<3

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS