Register

Macros for a Cat

Face-rippin fun.

Macros for a Cat

Postby Blufyre » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 pm

I use few macros on my Druid, and most of those are for creating dual functions for the buttons on my Nostromo. I seem to get by perfectly fine without them but I recently started thinking that maybe I was missing a trick. Was curious to know whether anyone had any Cat Macros (or Bear for that matter) that they simply can't be without? Can we cats get by without them or have I neglected a key tool in the armoury of my feral forms?

Site Admin

Re: Macros for a Cat

Postby Alaron » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:42 am

Most of my macros are bear or multiform (I have one that casts FF or FFF, depending on my current form; another that powershifts to break snares, etc.) Have to look to see if I have any specific kitty macros that I'm forgetting.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:33 pm

I have loads on my warrior and on my Mage but hardly any on the kitty. I've macroed my hyperspeed accellerators (engi gloves) to tigers fury and stuck potion of speed on berserk....but both are luxuries just cos I'm a bit rubbish at remembering to use them!

I rarely tank, can't even remember ability names...but I seem to think I macroed maul to everything!!

Postby Captain Fizz » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Most of my bear macros (asides from Maul to everything) are the likes of /tar <name of mob> (this macro's always around the 255 limit although Uldy was where it was used the most)
I did have /cast Enrage, /cancelaura Enrage
Which as Enrage triggered the GCD, hit it once it pops enrage, hit it a 2nd time it removed the armour penalty.
So could use it for some quick rage even if tanking... But that's kinda useless now with T10 :)
Note: if any ability in a macro triggers the GCD, the macro stops at that point.

For kitty, /w <name of pally> Fancy giving us a hand? Or /w <pally> I'm gonna kill mesel... Gonna save me?
You get the idea :P
Or just before trinket proc, with berserk just about popped... /w <DK> Got that Hysteria now? :D

Oh, for swipe:
/cast autoattack
/cast Swipe (Cat)
That means when mindlessly spamming Swipe when your target dies you'll at least be autoattacking a mob for more OoC procs until you get energy again rather than stopping attacking.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:48 am

Captain Fizz wrote:Oh, for swipe:
/cast autoattack
/cast Swipe (Cat)
That means when mindlessly spamming Swipe when your target dies you'll at least be autoattacking a mob for more OoC procs until you get energy again rather than stopping attacking.

Thats a nice idea, might macro that in to all my attacks on all my toons...I find my warrior worse than my druid for this, if hes sat at no rage it doesnt build up on its own but Im that used to my druid I sit clicking various attacks waiting for them to light up and ofc they never do till I start autoattacking!

Honored

Postby Grenache » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:04 am

I have autoattack macro'd to all my yellow attacks Mangle, Shred, Rip, Rake etc. I also have it on Faerie Fire. If you don't have the energy at any time, at least you're doing SOME damage.

Thats some sweet dps you guys are pulling. I think my best is about 9k on a single target. I can't imagine getting another 2-3k out of my cat - even if it was in all 25man HM gear.

Postby Blufyre » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:34 am

That's a good tip - will be busy macroing tonight. Cheers folks.

Postby Chetai » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Code: Select all
/cancelaura Speed of the Vrykul
/cancelaura Strength of the Taunka
/cancelaura Agility of the Vrykul
/castrandom *mount*,*mount*,*mount*

DBW cancelaura mount macro :)

Postby octechx » Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 pm

mangle shred macro is decent, I use mangle to proc my use trinkets and other than that I have 4 bars bound to keys So i don't nee much. Keep it simple.

Return to Kitty DPS